Inappropriate Admin Focus

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
proph
Fledgling Forumer

Inappropriate Admin Focus

I'd just like to raise the issue with this forum, as it does not reflect at all the seriousness portrayed about cheating in this game...

There are several reports of multi's on this forum (most of which have no admin correspondence) that have not been replied to, and have not been added to the "Current reported cheaters" list. There really is no point having this list if it is not updated, viewed, and kept as a way of communicating with the public.

There should not be a thread in this forum which isn't either responded to with a "We have added it to the list and are investigating", or a "There is insufficient evidence here for the claim"...

However, today I saw that this case with 'AGA' was added to the list right away.
It seems that admins are focusing on players that are well known, which is completely inappropriate.

When this game in some cases; is paid for, has deals between players which involve real currency, it is extremely important that the focus is a serious one, and not simply one which involves only the 'high society' of regulars.

I've had alot of experience mediating between admin groups and online communities, and I believe that there needs to be a serious rethinking or improvement when it comes to public\admin relations in SGWs. Especially in regards to reports of cheating...

Regards
Proph.

p.s. Feel free to move\lock this, it is merely a statement.
Benny :)
Forum Irregular
Alliance: DoC
Race: Cupcakez
ID: 0

Re: Inappropriate Admin Focus

An understandable point of view... I find it has a lot to do with the method in which the admins are contacted... This section of the forum is rarely updated and apparently also goes largely unchecked.

In regards to you saying how admins seem to concentrate more on "better known players", it perhaps has more to do with the size of the players in question, and the possible impact on the game that it might have...

Lets face it, while some little cheat with 12 multi's is annoying as hell, it doesn't really effect many players, and therefor it is lower priority when compared to one larger multi who masses lots of people and swaps account as often as the sun does rise...

Catch my drift?
proph
Fledgling Forumer

Yes ofcourse, both points have merit.
But the reporting of players out of the top 4k is the most numerous, and should be given equal weight. Chances are they are the accounts which support the larger cheating players anyway.

Thanks for your support and input Bez
Forum Irregular

No problems. If you want to debate it further, feel free to add me on MSN. Otherwise, I think we should stop debating this issue in this thread :D
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

Bez wrote:An understandable point of view... I find it has a lot to do with the method in which the admins are contacted... This section of the forum is rarely updated and apparently also goes largely unchecked.

In regards to you saying how admins seem to concentrate more on "better known players", it perhaps has more to do with the size of the players in question, and the possible impact on the game that it might have...

Lets face it, while some little cheat with 12 multi's is annoying as hell, it doesn't really effect many players, and therefor it is lower priority when compared to one larger multi who masses lots of people and swaps account as often as the sun does rise...

Catch my drift?

Since when is swapping/buying/selling accounts multing? :lol:
Forum Irregular

Since when were we talking about you?

I know that perhaps in your mind, everything is about you... 1 thread about you in the cheat section of the forum isn't enough for you, you have to make it about you? You read a thread where me and another forum user are discussing cheating and priorities of admins, and you assume we're talking all about you... Get back in your box AGA.

Oh and to answer your question: It would only be cheating if you maintained more than 1 account at a time, or perhaps didn't give someone the ascended account that goes with the main account so you can use it for your own purposes... Savvy?
Zeta - Twitch
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Paragons
Race: Immortal Ancient God
Alternate name(s): Master_Of_The_Trolls
Hotspur
IRC Admin
The_Drunken_Ones - GOD

I try to add what i can to the list that needs investigating. If Your feel this needs to be fixed it really is in the wrong section but thank you. New people have been made mods to try to help with this.

Moved to Correct Section
Obsidian311-
Forum Irregular
ID: 1337

proph wrote:However, today I saw that this case with 'AGA' was added to the list right away.
It seems that admins are focusing on players that are well known, which is completely inappropriate.

there ya go bez..
Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -

Honours and Awards

Hope Im official enough:

I created the reported cheaters list when I was the section head of that section. Later I got promoted multiple times, and now I have more important thing and less time to update the list.
However in the last days we added more mods to that section and when they get used to the place Ill appoint someone to keep that list updated.

As for AGA I think a supermod might have added him to the list ensuring it wont get forgotten. Now supermods usually not read the cheaters section daily so I can see no issue with adding AGA and not adding other multies. Besides AdminMark use to check reported but not listed cheaters whenever he has time.

I hope this answer is good enough for you.
Zeta - Twitch
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Paragons
Race: Immortal Ancient God
Alternate name(s): Master_Of_The_Trolls
Hotspur
IRC Admin
The_Drunken_Ones - GOD

Bazsy wrote:Hope Im official enough:

I created the reported cheaters list when I was the section head of that section. Later I got promoted multiple times, and now I have more important thing and less time to update the list.
However in the last days we added more mods to that section and when they get used to the place Ill appoint someone to keep that list updated.

As for AGA I think a supermod might have added him to the list ensuring it wont get forgotten. Now supermods usually not read the cheaters section daily so I can see no issue with adding AGA and not adding other multies. Besides AdminMark use to check reported but not listed cheaters whenever he has time.

I hope this answer is good enough for you.

I added AGA to the list.
--Reason: The thread was being spammed and i locked it, removed spam and left it at that. He was added to the lis t so no one tried to say i covered it up.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the reason not that many seem to get looked at, is not much we can do anything about... (there is little to no contact between the mods and adminMark...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Spacey
Forum Zombie

I moved AGA's thread there, but did not add his name to the list.

Reason: I simply forgot to. There was a lot do to on my end and that slipped by me.

"...my bad..."

As AGA was mentioned in the first post, and this thread is about updating the list, I post wishing to state my actions and oversight, not to make this thread about one player.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Obsidian311-
Forum Irregular
ID: 1337

Jack wrote:
Bez wrote:An understandable point of view... I find it has a lot to do with the method in which the admins are contacted... This section of the forum is rarely updated and apparently also goes largely unchecked.

Catch my drift?

There is that one time when I had concrete proof of someone who had many multis and was using them to scam many accounts then turn around and sell the resources for cash as well as scam people for cash, I had evidence for all of it, but it got ignored

Scamming isn't against the rules, stealing money isn't against the rules, but multying is, and as I said, I had proof for it, and when you go above and beyond to get rid of a simple annoyance such as Tok`ra but wont even pay attention to the plagues.... well.... I think you know where I'm going with this

there are more of the major ego's on this board that no longer play the game... and as such they couldn't care less about multi's scamming people rather than a simple person like tok'ra who can be put on ignore and there is no problem lol. now AGA is getting the same treatment from alot of the same ego's its stupid and not right but hey what can you do.
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Obsidian311- wrote:... a simple person like tok'ra who can be put on ignore and there is no problem ...
That was my whole point in making this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=94719
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
proph
Fledgling Forumer

I think we've drifted away from topic quite a bit due to examples of people who have maybe fallen through the cracks.

I know it's difficult to trust outsiders to help, but when a game gets to the size it is, its very important to look after the new people in the game. If its just the old-dogs playing with these seemingly backyard rules, your not going to get any advertising funding, and so on and so forth...

The solution to the problem is ofcourse: You need more help.

You must branch out and start recruiting more of these older players to help. There really is no point in having a game where someone can use a derivation of a name 10 times and make 10 accounts to support them larger account. The worst part is, when people report these players, they are largely ignored\lost...

You need a group of admins specifically for the SWG-community cheats relations who decide on multi's and get back to us on whats going on. Posting in threads if actions have been taken, and locking them in a timely manner...

If you need an example of such a well run system, take a look at this forum - http://forums.gamespace.net.au/dispute_resolution-f61.html
A perfect example of how a small admin group respond and deal with a large community of possible cheats\disputes.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”