Attention Mods!

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

Attention Mods!

dont worry, I'm not about to rant at y'all :P

just want to know how you got your jobs as mods as I would like to give it a try.
market mod speaking
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Re: Attention Mods!

An application was opened, when mods were needed, and interested applicants applied. This is one way, but not necessarily the only way.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Jack wrote:
The Reaperman wrote:dont worry, I'm not about to rant at y'all :P

just want to know how you got your jobs as mods as I would like to give it a try.

They generally pick their friends

From having 'inside access', I would generally disagree.
Obsidian311-
Forum Irregular
ID: 1337

yea if that were true there is no way freespirit or Digi would have been mods after last month lol.
vn70072
Forum Irregular

I applied when the first set of applications were opened awhile ago. Didn't get in. Later, the market section head spoke to me and offered me a spot there. It wasn't part of any official, posted process, and I am not privy to whether there was any 'competition' for the spot. Was he a friend prior? Yes. But in that time, he learned about my past forum staffing experience and more about my personality. I like to think it was on that that I got the spot, and that the friendship only guided him to a suitable candidate. And while he recommended me, I still had to do an interview with the head admin to secure the spot.
The way of the warrior is the path of shadow
The gift of the warrior is to perceive that which cannot be seen
The spirit of the warrior is to strike in a single moment
The destiny of the warrior is balance in all things
And when balance is lost, all that is left...
Is the Reckoning.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the process of mod recruitment by public thread, is not often used, since there isn't that often it is needed to recruit more than a couple of mods...

and when those topics are made, there appears far too many good candidates...

friendships are only used at times because those a person knows, are easy to know whether are good mods or not...

*NOTE: the above isn't fully official, just what our impression of it is...*
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

even if one chooses a friend, baszy/smooshable still have to approve of the appointment...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Spacey
Forum Zombie

Response formulated by Spacey
Agreeded upon by Supersquish, Rienna, and Lore
Confirmed by Smoosh

Admin does the searching, makes a list of candidates, the candidates are discussed amongst all mods, the admin makes final decision.

It is not likely that a friend of admin or mods will be put in. The users post history, among other things, is considered. If someone is x mod's friend it does not mean they will be a good mod.

====
Additional Spacey point: the process for moving from section mod to global mod is a little different.
Dagr
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard
ID: 50627
Alternate name(s): Day

Spacey wrote:====
Additional Spacey point: the process for moving from section mod to global mod is a little different.
Always wondered how that happens?
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that is usually only done on an basis of need...a few times in the past, it has been the promotion of a current mod...

Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

Like Reaperman and Auriel.

Might i ask why we've Made Elladan a mod?
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

OMG! I just have a psychic connection with the forum users today!

That was exactly what I said to smooshable about 12 hours ago!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

me and apadamek always wanted to but he is just to far away... :lol:
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”