Inconsistancy

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: Inconsistancy

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Noobert wrote:Moderators cannot be consistent, no matter what forum you go to unless you wish us to act like Blizzard Employees and role play for a mere form of entertainment and professionalism.

No matter how much you complain, etc.

I'm not asking for perfection. Perfection is an unattainable stat. However, we can always strive to not only better ourselves, but our team also. That is all that I wish, that the mods become more on the same page. We don't need complex rules or 10 hours a day modding to get this. Instead, see what actions have been taken by other mods, or better yet, GMs get together and actually discuss what is and isn't acceptable. What warnings or situations have been encountered during the course of the week, see what can be done to improve upon those dealings and pass the information downward. Keeping an open line of communication starting from the top and working its way down should in practice allow for more consistency.

No hard feelings to anyone aside from Clarkey, I don't mean to act like an ass here or say your doing a **Filtered** job, but just trying to bring up a problem that I have encountered and hope can be fixed.

Due to the vagueness of your posts, I cannot be sure about which recent dealings your are referring to. I would assume this could have something to do with how different areas of the forum are modded slightly different than each other. But I don't see this as inconsistency; I see this as catering to the needs of that section. The GC usually requires more heavy-handed modding than Misc, and The Market doesn't need to be modded the same way as For Admin. If I am incorrect in my assumptions, then I will simply wait until you have the time to compose a post with more specific examples.

You wouldn't know this because you cannot view the Mod section of the forum, but our internal communication is just fine Pretty open line of communication if you ask me.

PS - Please don't turn this into a Clarkey vs. Tetris argument. It is a small request that we stay on the topic of consistency as a whole, not on a personal level (that can be taken up in other feedback threads).
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

To reiterate what some have said, not every mod mods the same way exactly, not every situation calls for the exact same modding, even though it may be a similar rule related. Users have a lot smaller view of what actually goes on, and as such, complaints like this about something happening or not happening are caused by assuming a lot about what little you can see.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Also I'd like to say that a real inconsistency problem would be when it is one Mod that is being inconsistent in how they deal with the same rule rather than a number of mods doing things differently. But even then there may be other factors involved such as the users history in user notes etc.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Clarkey wrote:Also I'd like to say that a real inconsistency problem would be when it is one Mod that is being inconsistent in how they deal with the same rule rather than a number of mods doing things differently. But even then there may be other factors involved such as the users history in user notes etc.
It is all a matter of how much you know, exactly.
Governments seem inconsistent at times, but when you work for them, you know that e.g. one dictator is not the same, so a single response to tyranny is short-sighted. Just making a point. Users lack the proper perspective. Explanations inside.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I must agree that individual mods being inconsistent toward different users in an incredibly serious issue, and one which should be addressed in the strictest possible terms.

However, I will once again stress the point that different moderators are also different people, and also, at the risk of repeating myself, not robots. Whilst we all strive for the same goals, and follow the same principles, there will always be different methodologies. It is the same with policemen, the same with businessman and, most obviously of all, the same with politicians. I cannot help but feel that you are onto something of a lost caused here.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Mordack wrote:I must agree that individual mods being inconsistent toward different users in an incredibly serious issue, and one which should be addressed in the strictest possible terms.

However, I will once again stress the point that different moderators are also different people, and also, at the risk of repeating myself, not robots. Whilst we all strive for the same goals, and follow the same principles, there will always be different methodologies. It is the same with policemen, the same with businessman and, most obviously of all, the same with politicians. I cannot help but feel that you are onto something of a lost caused here.

Oh how Greg can make what I want to say in such a sexy paragraph or two.

It makes me tingle at night at how sexy Mordack is. :smt060

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”