post ids = postin stats?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

post ids = postin stats?

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=189887

Haz wrote wrote:After collaboration with an Admin, it was decided that posting the IDs count as stat posting. All IDs (except those posted by the owner of the account) have been removed.

Locked.

what about all the posts with ids that are reported for cheating etc if
posting ids = stat posting
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: post ids = postin stats?

I suspect he refers to the linking of main IDs with ascended IDs rather than the linking of IDs in and of itself.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Mordack wrote:I suspect he refers to the linking of main IDs with ascended IDs rather than the linking of IDs in and of itself.
That was my thought as well. That would make it a 'stat' (in the sense of an account-specific variable), which is quite a bit different from just posting an ID.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:I suspect he refers to the linking of main IDs with ascended IDs rather than the linking of IDs in and of itself.

Yes, I was referring to this. But in the past, I've seen people warned for posting others IDs so I thought that would apply anyway.

seraphim wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=189887

Haz wrote wrote:After collaboration with an Admin, it was decided that posting the IDs count as stat posting. All IDs (except those posted by the owner of the account) have been removed.

Locked.

what about all the posts with ids that are reported for cheating etc if
posting ids = stat posting

I'm sure that would be an exception. Along with the IDs of scammers in the market section.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:? All replies but Haz' make sense so far. I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

If I post Mardock's ID, 8500, does that make me a statposter? Since when!? Ascended ID's have been treated as a stat for ages now. But seriously, someone's Main ID? ID's are not stats. The LINK between main and ascended ID is a stat, not the two separate. Unless this is the common interpretation of the rules, but then I would like to talk to Agapooka about these rules.

In fact, I want to talk to Agapooka regardless of this thread.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

when is it not classed as a stat? two spaces between each other? 2 lines? 10 lines? 3 posts?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Eärendil wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote::? All replies but Haz' make sense so far. I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

If I post Mardock's ID, 8500, does that make me a statposter? Since when!? Ascended ID's have been treated as a stat for ages now. But seriously, someone's Main ID? ID's are not stats. The LINK between main and ascended ID is a stat, not the two separate. Unless this is the common interpretation of the rules, but then I would like to talk to Agapooka about these rules.

Haz's posts says the same exact as everyone else. The correlation between makes them both a stat. You need to GQ someone in order to link them, and posting such, would make it a spyable 'stat'.

I disagree with this part.

In GQing, it says the name, not a ID number. So thus it is not a stat as to my knowledge Sol or Admin as not made a update where it posts the main ID in the GQing in ascended.

How posting the name can be considered a stat as the name is in the spy report. But no ID is in any spy report in main or ascended....unless within the last few hours admin and/or sol made it like that.

So I think that posting the IDs of someone/people is not something to be warned or removed by a mod.

If posting a ID is being warned and or removed. I would like admin and mods to start warning and removing posts of others posting peoples coverts. Due to that being a stat, but since it is not done at all. Then i think the admins and mods are failing to do there job right in that area.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Eärendil wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Eärendil wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote::? All replies but Haz' make sense so far. I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

Haz's posts says the same exact as everyone else. The correlation between makes them both a stat. You need to GQ someone in order to link them, and posting such, would make it a spyable 'stat'.

I disagree with this part.

In GQing, it says the name, not a ID number. So thus it is not a stat as to my knowledge Sol or Admin as not made a update where it posts the main ID in the GQing in ascended.

How posting the name can be considered a stat as the name is in the spy report. But no ID is in any spy report in main or ascended....unless within the last few hours admin and/or sol made it like that.

So I think that posting the IDs of someone/people is not something to be warned or removed by a mod.

If posting a ID is being warned and or removed. I would like admin and mods to start warning and removing posts of others posting peoples coverts. Due to that being a stat, but since it is not done at all. Then i think the admins and mods are failing to do there job right in that area.

Name = ID.
The names can change but the account linkage can not, except under certain circumstances, so the QG'd name will always link back to a name with the same main id.

Don't try to over complicate this.

I see......

But I like to over complicate things... ;)
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Rudy Pena wrote:If posting a ID is being warned and or removed. I would like admin and mods to start warning and removing posts of others posting peoples coverts. Due to that being a stat, but since it is not done at all. Then i think the admins and mods are failing to do there job right in that area.

Posting current coverts is stat posting. If you see it, report it and it can be actioned.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

haha yeah I can see how it would be stat posting. lol now I'm laughing at Harch. :smt117
Image ImageImageImage
Sol
Forum Addict

i would still like an answer to my question, helps if the rule is more defined.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Your question seemed argumentative and didn't make sense

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Drought
Forum Expert

i would guess that posting information that could be used to derrive someones linked main account from its ascended counterpart, or vice verse, would be deemed as posting stats ...

But perhaps it needs a new rule name .... append it or something
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

E.M.P. wrote:didn't make sense

I thought it was pretty straight forward, how far (forum space wise) apart do the two ids/names of the linked accounts have to be, to not be classed as a stat. If i say sols ascended id is 1 and his main id is 2, is that considered a stat? Do they have to be a post apart, few lines etc. forum users don't want to accidentally get a warning for these things e.m.p
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:didn't make sense

I thought it was pretty straight forward, how far (forum space wise) apart do the two ids/names of the linked accounts have to be, to not be classed as a stat. If i say sols ascended id is 1 and his main id is 2, is that considered a stat? Do they have to be a post apart, few lines etc. forum users don't want to accidentally get a warning for these things e.m.p
I think you're being a bit ridiculous and all of a sudden questioning various rules which you have never done before.

If you are posting a clear link between a players main ID and ascended ID don't do it. This whole forum space wise is just being petty.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”