Section 3b - User Accounts

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Section 3b - User Accounts

Clarkey wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:When you warn for a post, you see all accounts sharing that IP.
[-X Not necessarily. Section Mods, who do the majority of warnings do not get to see this.
Ah yes, I forgot.
Clarkey wrote:In vBulletin the ACP has a simple IP search that displays all accounts associated with it, maybe this ACP has that too, which I believe it does.
No. Not unless it has a mod installed to do so.. phpBB does not have it. ;)
Are you sure that when you go in to the ACP to look up a user account and choose advanced there is not a IP field you can fill in. I'm pretty sure I recall there being one when I was Admin here and on BC.
There might be, but that would be a mod. It is not a standard phpBB feature. :)
I am sure though, that you are quite right. You were an admin. My access to the ACP here was limited to 2 instances. ;)
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Zeratul wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:What if an account is 'banned' are they still considered as part of this community? If no, could somebody then go on to imitate the banned user?

That would be ill-adviced.

* ill-advised? :smt047

However, would it be against the rules and would it be warnable?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

A banned user should still be considered a part of this community as banned users still have access to the forum. And we all no permabanned users still use and log in to this forum, no-one is ever truly permabanned.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

That is ambiguous, Clarkey.
Please elaborate. :D
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Cersei Lannister wrote:That is ambiguous, Clarkey.

I would guess that his comment is based on the most recent "permabans" which have been overturned.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:A banned user should still be considered a part of this community as banned users still have access to the forum. And we all no permabanned users still use and log in to this forum, no-one is ever truly permabanned.

Is this the offical stance?

Just curious because I don't know? :smt102
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:
Clarkey wrote:A banned user should still be considered a part of this community as banned users still have access to the forum. And we all no permabanned users still use and log in to this forum, no-one is ever truly permabanned.

You have your not-so-likable person in your local community, no one likes them, they are shunned for past actions. But regardless of that, they are part of the community.

Definition of community wrote:A group of people living together in one place, esp. one practicing common ownership: "a community of nuns".
All the people living in a particular area or place: "local communities".

Lets view the forum as the "community" and the various sections as "the houses and local businesses. Being permabanned (shunned) doesn't stop them from accessing the forum (community), it just restricts their access to the sections (houses and local businesses). You are within the forum, just restricted access to certain areas.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

TL;DNR rest of thread, but I shall reply to this quote:
Field Marshall wrote:For example. If I were to create a new account and was given a warning after a couple of months, would you compare other accounts to the IP?

Yes. I used to check everyone all the time any time. I would imagine our dear friend Cersei does exactly the same at least. I see she has posted here but again... TL;DNR
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:That is ambiguous, Clarkey.

I would guess that his comment is based on the most recent "permabans" which have been overturned.

My god I didn't realise I have to dumb it down so much for this community. Permabans are never truly permabans, all it means is that particular account is no longer accessible. If anyone has the slightest spark in that empty skull of theirs then they would have another account on this forum and get away without being caught and therefore are not truly permabanned. And also in the short term permabanned users still have access to the forum using their permabanned account. This is why I say they are still a part of this community.

Field Marshall wrote:

LMAO look at you FM trying so hard to stir that little pot of yours. You do understand the command chain on a forum right? It goes like this, you have the orange guys at the top, yes some of them have a varying change of orange, but they are essentially all orange. These wee orange guys, and sometimes gals are the Administrators of the forum. They manage everything. Then you have the green guys and gals, maybe green with envy, maybe green with sickness, who knows, but they are Global Moderators and manage groups of staff known as Section Mods and have an area of responsibility on the forum, but can moderate all over the forum. This is their function. Then we have the most awesome of all, the blue guys and gals. These are known as Section Mods. These guys are restricted to moderating in a specific section(s) of the forum.

Now FM, i'm sure you are a bright lad and can figure out where an "official stance" should come from within this community. You can however take whatever I say whatever way you want to, but that would be ignorance.

Wake me up when you've finished trying to trip us guys and gals up in your silly little games. Maybe you should go have a hobby or something. :smt015
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

so u dont ban someones isp? just their forum acc
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

fem fatale wrote:so u dont ban someones isp? just their forum acc
Wow, I guess I do have to dumb it down. Why do you revolve permaban around IP (it's not ISP, that is the Internet Service Provider, you can't ban them).

You may not figure out how to have an account on this forum even if your IP is banned, but hey I did say people with the slightest spark.
Image ImageImageImage
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

You really should learn how to make a point without personal insults Clarkey.

Many wonder why you can't make a point without. ;)
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

xDaku wrote:You really should learn how to make a point without personal insults Clarkey.

Many wonder why you can't make a point without. ;)
Probably the same reason some people can't help but stir up problems on this forum. But anyway, lets not go off topic hey.
Image ImageImageImage
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Creating forum drama on a forum does not compare to insulting an actual person's characteristics and/or integrity. In a lot of cases, it actually undermines your argument. [-X

Where the topic is concerned, I'm sure the Admins will talk about this and have an "official answer" soon enough. Hopefully before FM goes and pulls his little pranks. :P
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Lets get back on topic.

Until an admin makes an official statement, it would be safe to assume that imitation of any user, banned or not, is against the rules.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”