Issues

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Borek
Forum Addict

Issues

Hi

I know that this will not get me anywhere, but i'm gonna waste 15 mins typing up some facts for all to see anyway because i feel they need saying. I have already discussed some of these issues with Empy and for the record he did deal with them when they were raised, but i have severe reservations regarding why they had to actually BE raised by me in the 1st place.

OK, firstly i had to specifically ask Empy to remove a whole load of personal Insults about Tekki's looks and weight that were posted by DDE members in the war thread.

Now there are some very severe issues i have regarding this entire situation. Firstly apparently none of the staff who mod the GC actually acted before today to remove these insulting comments and it was only done today by Empy because i requested it. The rules clearly state that personal insults are against the rules, so why was no one banned for the numerous and repeated violations of this rule and why on earth were the posts not just removed shortly after being made. It must have been well over a week since they were made.

Obviously Tekki is not a popular person and has done more than enough to get on the nerves of more than a few Staff members in the past. My personal feeling is that the mods and admins completely failed in their duty to perform their functions without personal feelings affecting their judgement. Leaving messages that call an individual fat and ugly on the forum for at least a week and failing to issue warnings for EACH post made by the posters making them is pretty disgraceful.

Next i have some very real and serious questions regarding Duck Dodgers Mod status and the failure by the staff to prevent his and ETL's unseemly verbal feud from getting to the state it did.

Regarding this then if you check the public dump which has the posts by Duck and ETL you can quite clearly see that Duck posts a comment to begin with that insinuates that ETL has threatened him in RL.

the thread heredetails the back and forth between the 2 of them. Firstly Duck says he posted a PM saying and i quote
"Ohw, and your stupid msn message after I said I wanted to **Filtered** slap you ..."
. He then apparently quotes some PM's he had back which ETL responded too in his next post in that thread by saying
"
As for dumb dodgers, yes you LITTLE **Filtered**, all 4 feet of you, you challenge me to a fight, and then whine when I reply. Get something straight, I have no qualms about breaking you in two, but I'm not going to go to prison for your two bob ass. So if you want to challenge me, as you did, don't whine when I offer you the chance."

Obviously from there things do not get much better with both of them being as bad as each other, but ETL gets banned/warned and Duck is still a mod. A Mod who threatens someone in RL over a massing in a game, why is this guy still a Mod!

Don't get me wrong i quite like Duck Dodgers, i used to be in NWO with him and i found his posts before this war and his wife was massed to be amusing and postive, but come on, you cannot possibly tell me that someone who flips out over his missus being massed and starts telling people he wants to meet them in RL and slap them is the right man for the job!

Regarding the OE Vs DDE war thread then everyone here knows that thing is a cesspit of insults, accusations of cheating and childish behaviour. Obviously the mods and admins have, to date, had a very tough time dealing with the posters and, lets be honest here, completely failed to keep things in check.

I would like to suggest several things before it is re-opened:

1: Accusations of cheating, multying, account sharing will result in an immediate warning if made in the GC thread followed by the removal of the post and any replies made to it, quotes of it etc. There is a "For Admin" section of the forum for those posts to be made in which all of the people making the accusations are very well aware of.

2: Mods are to issue warnings for any and all personal insults, no matter how slight. Any trolling attempts including, but not limited to, changes to peoples game or forum names to imply cheating, multying or account sharing will get deleted and unofficial warnings be made, if the people doing so persist then official warnings will be issued.

3: Mods and/or Admins must keep a stern eye on the thread and actively encourage the participants to be civil and respectful to each other. Posters who are trolling excessively should be (if this is possible) restricted from posting in the GC for a few days rather than actually forum banned to let things cool down. There's nothing wrong with some robust banter, but there are some persistant trolls on both sides who are more than happy to constantly bait the other side into overstepping the boundaries. I want to see the trolls restricted in this respect.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
kaboom
Forum Expert
Alliance: AllMyNaq
ID: 0

Re: Issues

:smt021
Last edited by kaboom on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

i reported those pics earlier today,
and I was frankly shocked they weren't taken down next to immediately. ](*,)

I am sure I could find plenty for the defenders to growl at with a few google searches.

ofc, it would get me perma-banned, but hey,
maybe that's what it will take for some people to understand respect.
Drought
Forum Expert

So, saying you want to **Filtered** slap someone is a direct link to a personal real life threat that I'm going to fly over to his place and hit him once with a flat hand in the face ??? :smt043

Come one you cant be serious, about the guy who brags about all his martial arts sports he did and has a collection of real swords, -he seemingly knows how to handle????
Sorry man, but his replies were actual threats, even meant as such.

ETL decided to make this more then personal ... and I believe he got what was coming.

I do agree some of my comments might have been on the edge, but I did not spoke as a mod when I did, so my functioning as a mod is irrelevant.

Yes, as a mod I might have an example role, but I have also one of that of a protector. And in both my function as a mod or guarding of those around me, I will not sway to the whims of some aggressive player who has already shown a hand in taking things further then need be. Whether here on the forum, or in game.
a very bad hairdo
Borek
Forum Addict

You cannot have a back and forth feud with a user with both of you making threats about RL especially when YOU started with the threats. I'm sorry Duck but ETL was merely posting that he has a collection of swords and that he knows how to handle himself, he was not at any point saying he'll come and stab you or even beat you up. In fact you can clearly see him posting that he would not risk jail over a game.

He replied directly to your "request" to meet in RL with a throw away comment about it needing to be somewhere in India.

Lets face it you flipped out completely over your wife being massed, you lost all perspective and took in game actions personally. Can't say i blame you as it is never nice seeing someone you love being picked on, but it's just a game, i have seen you post a lot of times in a lot of war threads and you never once lost your rag or took the game that seriously.

You need to step back, admit you lost the plot and that your wife is your officer in the game and just like in all wars the enemy are going to target people you care about to try and get to you.

Sorry mate but it worked, you made yourself look foolish, where is the old Duck Dodgers that roleplayed and had fun in his wars?

Ask yourself a simple question, does your wife getting massed actually matter, i mean, really matter?
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
kaboom
Forum Expert

Borek wrote:You cannot have a back and forth feud with a user with both of you making threats about RL especially when YOU started with the threats. I'm sorry Duck but ETL was merely posting that he has a collection of swords and that he knows how to handle himself, he was not at any point saying he'll come and stab you or even beat you up. In fact you can clearly see him posting that he would not risk jail over a game.

He replied directly to your "request" to meet in RL with a throw away comment about it needing to be somewhere in India.

Lets face it you flipped out completely over your wife being massed, you lost all perspective and took in game actions personally. Can't say i blame you as it is never nice seeing someone you love being picked on, but it's just a game, i have seen you post a lot of times in a lot of war threads and you never once lost your rag or took the game that seriously.

You need to step back, admit you lost the plot and that your wife is your officer in the game and just like in all wars the enemy are going to target people you care about to try and get to you.

Sorry mate but it worked, you made yourself look foolish, where is the old Duck Dodgers that roleplayed and had fun in his wars?

Ask yourself a simple question, does your wife getting massed actually matter, i mean, really matter?

Does ETL using multi accounts to reply to his own posts really matter ? who lost the plot ?
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
Borek
Forum Addict

with all due respect Boomer please shut up, posting using multiple forum accounts or sharing forum accounts with other players is not against the rules. If it is then it is up to the FORUM staff to act on and it has absolutely nothing at ALL to do with any of the issues i have bought up here.
kaboom
Forum Expert

Borek wrote:with all due respect Boomer please shut up, posting using multiple forum accounts or sharing forum accounts with other players is not against the rules. If it is then it is up to the FORUM staff to act on and it has absolutely nothing at ALL to do with any of the issues i have bought up here.

NO INSULTING OTHER USERS

Dont read the war topic.. if you dont like it ... go play harry potter if you dont like the game...

I didnt tell you to shut so dont tell me to shut up ! thats how edit spirals out of control...

And i see you r another one defending ETL his multi tactics ... GOOD FOR YOU ! go have brainfarts somehwere else

See how inpolite i can be just like you :smt021
Last edited by Angnoch on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insulting another user
AWARDS

Res, Non verba

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

You did go way, way OTT, DD. I mean, WAY. If you absolutely must abuse each other, do it on MSN. This is a disgusting performance, and I (and others, I hope) expected a LOT better from you. :)
EbilCC
Forum Addict

its not a insult if its true ? for example women call me a womaniser i say thank you it pisses them off they call me worse things being with A and i laugh and say yes im the awesome A BEEP

so if its true and we have proof its not a insult

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Borek wrote:with all due respect Boomer please shut up, posting using multiple forum accounts or sharing forum accounts with other players is not against the rules. If it is then it is up to the FORUM staff to act on and it has absolutely nothing at ALL to do with any of the issues i have bought up here.

Why do you care? You don't or you would have made this topic about OE a longtime ago. Stop being a mouthpiece.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
EbilCC
Forum Addict

the point is tekki shouldnt give a damn about what people think here if she does then she needs to not be here and get into RL and be happy or just dont visit the forums

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Borek
Forum Addict

I care JT because i have friends in both alliances, i love this game and i do not like what i see happening to the players fighting the war nor the sad state of affairs regarding the rather poor modding in that thread to date.

And CC the point is when people break the rules they should be punished quickly and fairly. For the record Tekki does NOT play the game nor read the forum. Contrary to what the DDE rumour mill is churning out. I have not even spoken to her since September of last year when she stepped down from OE and left the game and disappeared from msn.

I brought up the issue about the insults because they were left on the forum for over a week. It does not matter if they were seen or not, it matters that the staff completely failed in their duty to remove them.

and Boomer, thanks for confirming everything that is wrong with this game with your amazing and completely irrelevant rant.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Borek wrote:I care JT because i have friends in both alliances, i love this game and i do not like what i see happening to the players fighting the war nor the sad state of affairs regarding the rather poor modding in that thread to date.

And CC the point is when people break the rules they should be punished quickly and fairly. For the record Tekki does NOT play the game nor read the forum. Contrary to what the DDE rumour mill is churning out. I have not even spoken to her since September of last year when she stepped down from OE and left the game and disappeared from msn.

I brought up the issue about the insults because they were left on the forum for over a week. It does not matter if they were seen or not, it matters that the staff completely failed in their duty to remove them.

and Boomer, thanks for confirming everything that is wrong with this game with your amazing and completely irrelevant rant.

I would respect and appreciate your position more if you weren't so one sided.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
kaboom
Forum Expert

Borek wrote:I care JT because i have friends in both alliances, i love this game and i do not like what i see happening to the players fighting the war nor the sad state of affairs regarding the rather poor modding in that thread to date.

You started with the shut up rant !!

Rant ? like your post here you mean ? you is what is wrong with this game ... you make posts against ducky in DDE for doing and saying stuff ETL started with..

Not to mention the multi **Filtered** ..

YOU WOULDNT HAVE MADE THIS TOPIC AGAINST ETL !

Goodluck you just proof again how biass this game is against certain players aliances just cos you or your friends r loosing and go wild like rabbit dogs dont mean you have to start complainin to mods bout us..

Ill leave you to your rant and well CRAP
AWARDS

Res, Non verba

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”