Mod use of language

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Mod use of language

The following was a conversation that I had with Haz.

Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Hello Field Marshall,

You are receiving this notification because the report you filed on the
post "Re: FS vs MaYHeM" in "FS vs MaYHeM" at "StarGateWars Forums" was
handled by a moderator or by an administrator. The report was afterwards
closed. If you have further questions contact Haz with a personal message.

Duderanch wrote:I warned my officer. Maybe Hellsing didn't think you was that much of a prick :-k well done for proving him wrong.

noun

1an act of piercing something with a sharp point: the pin prick had produced a drop of blood
a small hole or mark made by pricking something.
a sharp pain caused by being pierced with a sharp point: he felt a tiny prick in his arm
a sudden feeling of an unpleasant emotion: she felt a prick of resentment

2 vulgar slang a man’s penis.
a stupid or contemptible man.

3 archaic a goad for oxen.

Hi Haz,

Obviously by reading the above quotes you will know what I am contacting you for.

If you feel that my report was unjustifed, I would like a further explaination to this.

Hope your well mate,

Matt

Your report was for masking, which was not the case, as nothing was being used to avoid the filter (the filter wasn't triggered).

Also, "prick" in the context used would not have been "a mans penis"

Prick, slang term for penis or an inconsiderate person

He called me a **Filtered**, prehaps it's not offensive in America.

In England, it's extremely offensive...more so than **Filtered** for example.

Sure, it wasn't masking, but insults aren't on the report feature, it was technically the most appropriate other than other.

Please ask one of your English counterparts if you wish to verify this.

Dare I say it, please look at the attention it gets on Urban Dictionary. 7 pages of definitions...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=prick

EDIT: Haha, why is it filtered in PMs then? :smt019

Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:EDIT: Haha, why is it filtered in PMs then? :smt019

Image wrote:Image

Also, I'll draw your attention to the examples that you gave:

1 an act of piercing something with a sharp point: the pin prick had produced a drop of blood
a sharp pain caused by being pierced with a sharp point: he felt a tiny prick in his arm

I believe this was the context to which the use of the word was meant.

As for insults, I didn't deem it offensive enough for any action. If you wish you may re-report it and I will leave it for another General Mod to action.

Also, FYI, I'm not American, I'm Australian :P

Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:The word was filtered my end - meaning that it should have been filter ingame? Surely?

Secondly, the demeanor of his posts clearly show that he was trying to insult me and not merely call me a "inconsiderate person". I think he was past pleasantries and positive criticism by this point!

Then again, judgement is only percieved by the judge...so yeah, your wrong ;)

Or you are wrong, as I believe. As you said, "judgement is only percieved by the judge" ;) :P

No, you are just misinformed to what you believe is right or wrong :smt110

Okies, cheers mate, i'll bring it up with the next mod...I won't worry Empy with it for now :razz:

So I reported it, again under masking...

Duderanch wrote:Prick isn't a filtered word therefore it can't really be masking...

Wow, what an arrogant answer...the person who used the vulgarity is Duderanch, made no apology, no excuse, instead tries to blame it on the person reporting...

Then someone makes a multi account, because they don't have the balls to do it to my face. I can guess who...

~^_^~ wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Conner 0ed
Hellsing 0ed (many times)
FXX 0ed
Boone remains, i'll get that later if nobody has bothered to battle the NOX before me

Everyone else was already 0ed.

jesus who is this noob boasting? he sounds like a right prick lol

I offer the mods to cast judgement, before I deliver this, alongside a few other things I feel there is biased behaviour, to admin.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Re: Mod use of language

Maybe 2 years ago, (not sure exactly how long but I'm sure it can be found in ombudsman archives) I warned a couple people for using that word as an insult, the warnings were subsequently over turned due to them not being considered insulting enough for mod action. So president dictates no mod action.

Concerning me not apolagising, I believe I was completely justified in what I said about your action.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Duderanch wrote:Maybe 2 years ago, (not sure exactly how long but I'm sure it can be found in ombudsman archives) I warned a couple people for using that word as an insult, the warnings were subsequently over turned due to them not being considered insulting enough for mod action. So president dictates no mod action.

Concerning me not apolagising, I believe I was completely justified in what I said about your action.

Says a lot about you Dan...tit for tat huh?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Yeah, I guess I'm not a very nice person. I try to be, but you seem to bring the worst out in me.

I talent on your part and a failing on my part I guess.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Duderanch wrote:Yeah, I guess I'm not a very nice person. I try to be, but you seem to bring the worst out in me.

I talent on your part and a failing on my part I guess.

Shame, I've never EVER...felt the need to insult somebody directly on these forums using vulgar words.

I also find it surprising that you would use a contentious word such as that, knowing it may have repercussions.

You know nothing about me Dan, how you feel you can cast judgement on me based on a game is severely dissapointing.

I'm done, i've said ALL i've needed to here. My next post will be my last.

Please close at the convienience of a mod.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Field Marshall wrote:[spoiler]The following was a conversation that I had with Haz.

Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Hello Field Marshall,

You are receiving this notification because the report you filed on the
post "Re: FS vs MaYHeM" in "FS vs MaYHeM" at "StarGateWars Forums" was
handled by a moderator or by an administrator. The report was afterwards
closed. If you have further questions contact Haz with a personal message.

Duderanch wrote:I warned my officer. Maybe Hellsing didn't think you was that much of a prick :-k well done for proving him wrong.

noun

1an act of piercing something with a sharp point: the pin prick had produced a drop of blood

Hi Haz,

Obviously by reading the above quotes you will know what I am contacting you for.

If you feel that my report was unjustifed, I would like a further explaination to this.

Hope your well mate,

Matt

Your report was for masking, which was not the case, as nothing was being used to avoid the filter (the filter wasn't triggered).

Also, "prick" in the context used would not have been "a mans penis"

Prick, slang term for penis or an inconsiderate person

He called me a **Filtered**, prehaps it's not offensive in America.

In England, it's extremely offensive...more so than **Filtered** for example.

Sure, it wasn't masking, but insults aren't on the report feature, it was technically the most appropriate other than other.

Please ask one of your English counterparts if you wish to verify this.

Dare I say it, please look at the attention it gets on Urban Dictionary. 7 pages of definitions...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=prick

EDIT: Haha, why is it filtered in PMs then? :smt019

Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:EDIT: Haha, why is it filtered in PMs then? :smt019

Image wrote:Image

Also, I'll draw your attention to the examples that you gave:

1 an act of piercing something with a sharp point: the pin prick had produced a drop of blood

I believe this was the context to which the use of the word was meant.

As for insults, I didn't deem it offensive enough for any action. If you wish you may re-report it and I will leave it for another General Mod to action.

Also, FYI, I'm not American, I'm Australian :P

Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:The word was filtered my end - meaning that it should have been filter ingame? Surely?

Secondly, the demeanor of his posts clearly show that he was trying to insult me and not merely call me a "inconsiderate person". I think he was past pleasantries and positive criticism by this point!

Then again, judgement is only percieved by the judge...so yeah, your wrong ;)

Or you are wrong, as I believe. As you said, "judgement is only percieved by the judge" ;) :P

No, you are just misinformed to what you believe is right or wrong :smt110

Okies, cheers mate, i'll bring it up with the next mod...I won't worry Empy with it for now :razz:

So I reported it, again under masking...

Duderanch wrote:Prick isn't a filtered word therefore it can't really be masking...

Wow, what an arrogant answer...the person who used the vulgarity is Duderanch, made no apology, no excuse, instead tries to blame it on the person reporting...

Then someone makes a multi account, because they don't have the balls to do it to my face. I can guess who...

~^_^~ wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Conner 0ed
Hellsing 0ed (many times)
FXX 0ed
Boone remains, i'll get that later if nobody has bothered to battle the NOX before me

Everyone else was already 0ed.

jesus who is this noob boasting? he sounds like a right prick lol

I offer the mods to cast judgement, before I deliver this, alongside a few other things I feel there is biased behaviour, to admin.[/spoiler]

The term used is insulting, if the mods cannot realise that this term is highly insulting, then those mods are not qualified to be a mod.

if english is requried to be the sole language of this forum, then an understanding of english should be required to moderate it.

so im sorry to pull this card. Its called ENGLISH, not american, not canadion (in parts) not Australian... English.

so dont tell an English person, what the meaning of an English word is or isnt. If its in a dictionary published by a highly regarded english university as an insult.. then its an insult and should be considered in such a way.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

ENOUGH!

Locked.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”