lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

In Rob3rts eyes, the war thread between OE and DDE (part 2; the one you created after locking the first one because it went bad) is one you started. He believes that you 'started the war' by making that thread. :?
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter
ID: 0

now delete my topic i.m DDE HC i can open a war topic or not
another bull action ?

i open a new topic about dde omega war and haz dlete it..... can??'
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=194818
lets see if bull delete again
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:now delete my topic i.m DDE HC i can open a war topic or not
another bull action ?

It wasn't deleted, it was moved to the public dump.

I have to say thought, you had no way of knowing whether it was me or not, yet you assumed it was. Yes it was me, but the fact you jumped straight to accusing me, it intrigues me...

As for the reason for moving it, there was already a perfectly fine thread for the DDE vs OE war. You had no need to create a new thread.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
another bull action ?

I have to say thought, you had no way of knowing whether it was me or not, yet you assumed it was. Yes it was me, but the fact you jumped straight to accusing me, it intrigues me...

As for the reason for moving it, there was already a perfectly fine thread for the DDE vs OE war. You had no need to create a new thread.

i can report to someone ?
or need mail jason forum problem ?
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
another bull action ?

is not your war :smt019 you have vendetta if you need fight me
my alliance want fight omega
not mods problem
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

a new delete form bulls open a new one viewtopic.php?f=68&t=194819
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

print screen and link sent to jason
lets see if admin care about his game ;)
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

a new delete
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=194820 open a new one
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
This is a warning regarding the following post(s) made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2488266#p2488266
viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2488278#p2488278
viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2488283#p2488283
viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2488288#p2488288
viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2488293#p2488293 .

Repeatedly recreated topics despite knowing that it was against the rules, and despite knowing that previous topics had been locked and dumped.

Section 4: Spam
a. Topics.
Topics will be considered spam if they fit into one of three categories.
i) They appear in the wrong section of the board.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.

someone show me something wrong when i open a ware topic after moderator abused to open a wrong one
i am a player off this game or not this moderator show his power out off rules ?
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
This is a warning regarding the following post(s) made by you: viewtopic.php?f=135&p=2488266#p2488266

Repeatedly recreated topics despite knowing that it was against the rules, and despite knowing that previous topics had been locked and dumped.

a. Topics.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.

someone show me something wrong when i open a ware topic after moderator abused to open a wrong one
i am a player off this game or not this moderator show his power out off rules ?

Actually, this moderator is a player too. Not that it matters, as whether I play the game or not does not excuse you from abiding by the rules. All I was doing was enforcing the rules. If you wish to appeal the warning, I suggest you make a post in the Ombudsman Corner.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:

a. Topics.

Actually, this moderator is a player too. Not that it matters, as whether I play the game or not does not excuse you from abiding by the rules. All I was doing was enforcing the rules. If you wish to appeal the warning, I suggest you make a post in the Ombudsman Corner.

you are not in involved in battle not try drible the rules :smt021
i suggest you to stop bull action here

we can have a forum free for this game :smt017
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:Which was why multiple TJP vs FUALL threads were locked/recreated. 3 or 4 if memory serves.

Also, likening what happened to murder? Really?
Exactly, they had to keep making new ones... because it didn't work. So why would it now? It wouldn't.

Oh you are aghast I chose murder? Okay how about petty theft? Jaywalking? Overdue taxes? Are those okay for the analogy?

Why liken it to any crime?

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:No, I locked it, then recreated the thread, based on the suggestions of multiple users involved. Your interpretation (me creating the thread and locking the old one to eliminate an rule breakage) is false. I did not do any of this with the intention of breaking any rules or covering up any rule breakage.
Well the order doesn't really matter, and neither do your intentions. People don't intend to break the rules lots of times when they do, doesn't change the fact that they did.
The way you worded it, made it sound like I intentionally broke the rules, then "abused my mod powers" to cover it up. Neither are true.

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:I didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from you. I also felt that if you disagreed, you would have reversed my actions and sent me a PM. Neither of these things happened.
No, you didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from me. But you went and asked other Global Mods if they thought it would be okay. Yup.

I spoke to one other GM, only because he was on MSN at the time, and I spoke to him not as mod-to-GM but as mod-to-mod, what his opinion was as far as action in that thread was. I wasn't asking for his go-ahead.
I chose the analogy I did because breaking the rules is the same as committing a crime, with each in the proper scope. If someone commits a crime and gets away with it does that make committing the crime okay? No. If someone (a mod) locks a valid thread and starts a new (against forum rules) and gets away with it does that make it okay (therefore valid to do so again in the future)? No.

So it doesn't matter if it was done in the past. Creating a redundant thread is against the rules, and that's what you did. Just because you used (and in this case I choose to use the word abused) your mod powers to lock the old one first doesn't make it any less against the rules. In addition it doesn't matter what your intention was, of course I don't believe you intended to break the rules, or abuse (or perhaps "wrongly use") your mod powers. That's what happened though.

There would of course be an exception if it said somewhere in the Moderator Section that this was okay and the proper course of action to take, but it did not. It in fact outlines the proper actions to take and at no point is one of them "lock the thread and create a new one."

Thus the entire point of me arguing this is not only because I enjoy debates/arguments, but because it's just my opinion that you acted outside your bounds as a moderator and made an error. It was my responsibility to see this and correct you but I did not, thus failing. It's now either your job to admit you were/are wrong and reverse your decision, or your bosses job to do so (in this case the Admins, or BMMJ13). Otherwise prove me wrong, and you right.

p.s.
Sorry if it seems like I'm writing this in anger or anything like that, because I'm not. Like I said, I just enjoy arguing/debating trivial things, and this is one of those things.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
Quote:

a. Topics.

you are not in involved in battle not try drible the rules :smt021
i suggest you to stop bull action here

we can have a forum free for this game :smt017

Yes I am not involved in the battle, but I am a moderator. I modded the thread(s), and left it at that. No bull action involved.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:Which was why multiple TJP vs FUALL threads were locked/recreated. 3 or 4 if memory serves.

Also, likening what happened to murder? Really?
Exactly, they had to keep making new ones... because it didn't work. So why would it now? It wouldn't.

Oh you are aghast I chose murder? Okay how about petty theft? Jaywalking? Overdue taxes? Are those okay for the analogy?

Why liken it to any crime?

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:No, I locked it, then recreated the thread, based on the suggestions of multiple users involved. Your interpretation (me creating the thread and locking the old one to eliminate an rule breakage) is false. I did not do any of this with the intention of breaking any rules or covering up any rule breakage.
Well the order doesn't really matter, and neither do your intentions. People don't intend to break the rules lots of times when they do, doesn't change the fact that they did.
The way you worded it, made it sound like I intentionally broke the rules, then "abused my mod powers" to cover it up. Neither are true.

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:I didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from you. I also felt that if you disagreed, you would have reversed my actions and sent me a PM. Neither of these things happened.
No, you didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from me. But you went and asked other Global Mods if they thought it would be okay. Yup.

I spoke to one other GM, only because he was on MSN at the time, and I spoke to him not as mod-to-GM but as mod-to-mod, what his opinion was as far as action in that thread was. I wasn't asking for his go-ahead.
I chose the analogy I did because breaking the rules is the same as committing a crime, with each in the proper scope. If someone commits a crime and gets away with it does that make committing the crime okay? No. If someone (a mod) locks a valid thread and starts a new (against forum rules) and gets away with it does that make it okay (therefore valid to do so again in the future)? No.

OK fair enough. I still don't believe what I did was wrong, but I do see how you chose the analogy now.

Empy wrote:So it doesn't matter if it was done in the past. Creating a redundant thread is against the rules, and that's what you did. Just because you used (and in this case I choose to use the word abused) your mod powers to lock the old one first doesn't make it any less against the rules. In addition it doesn't matter what your intention was, of course I don't believe you intended to break the rules, or abuse (or perhaps "wrongly use") your mod powers. That's what happened though.

There would of course be an exception if it said somewhere in the Moderator Section that this was okay and the proper course of action to take, but it did not. It in fact outlines the proper actions to take and at no point is one of them "lock the thread and create a new one."

Thus the entire point of me arguing this is not only because I enjoy debates/arguments, but because it's just my opinion that you acted outside your bounds as a moderator and made an error. It was my responsibility to see this and correct you but I did not, thus failing. It's now either your job to admit you were/are wrong and reverse your decision, or your bosses job to do so (in this case the Admins, or BMMJ13). Otherwise prove me wrong, and you right.

Rules Thread wrote:iv) A topic shows a tendency to be locked or needs constant moderating due to those posting in it continually not complying to the rules of the forums.

Consequence:
The topic will be locked for a cool-down period to allow posters to step away and gain composure, if serious enough then the topic will be locked permanently or for longer periods of time.

In each case of locking or moving a topic, it is up to the Moderators digression as to what to do. Once a topic is created, it belongs to the forum and the original author loses all rights of control over it.

It does not specify that I can "lock the thread and create a new one". But it does specify it is up to my digression (as the moderator modding the thread) as to what to do. After the suggestion, I believed it would be best to follow the examples of the TJP vs FUALL thread, and closed off the old one and recreated it.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”