lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
akbar
Forum Grunt
Alliance: DDE
ID: 0

Re: lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

what a concept????
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:a moderator without rules with a button = dead forum
why player not use your topic ? close it and shut up :-$

Without rules? No, I abide by the rules. As for the dead forum, let's agree to disagree. :)

As for why players don't use the topic I created, I don't know. It seems semi-active to me. I honestly don't care if it is used or not. All I was trying to achieve was a clean slate away from the spam and insults, to give you all a chance to stay on topic.

you have personality problem i can.t help you
the problem is nobody control moderator operate here :smt021

Lol, me the one with a personality problem? I actually laughed out loud there, oh the hypocrisy :P

And if nobody controlled moderators, then why have admins recently promoted and added new users to various moderator positions, if the moderators could not be controlled?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

Without rules? No, I abide by the rules. As for the dead forum, let's agree to disagree. :)

As for why players don't use the topic I created, I don't know. It seems semi-active to me. I honestly don't care if it is used or not. All I was trying to achieve was a clean slate away from the spam and insults, to give you all a chance to stay on topic.

Lol, me the one with a personality problem? I actually laughed out loud there, oh the hypocrisy :P

And if nobody controlled moderators, then why have admins recently promoted and added new users to various moderator positions, if the moderators could not be controlled?

admin ??? where is ?? why you can do action out off rules ?
ba and looks like jason don.t care about our forum :-#
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

Admins, as in Earendil, SuperSaiyan and Zeratul, they're all around. And I haven't taken any action outside the rules.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

Admins, as in Eärendil, SuperSaiyan and Zeratul, they're all around. And I haven't taken any action outside the rules.

need refresh your memory??
open a war topic by a moderator
warning for spam all who post on topic
warning me after i report your out rules action
close for 6 time my topic i.m DDE hc and i can open a war topic not you :smt021
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

AdminJason has given the rule over to the forum administrators. He maintains contact with the staff, but day-to-day operations are in the hands of the administrators and their staff.

As Haz has mentioned, who stands as author of a topic has no relevance at all. If you prefer, we can arrange to have the first post from the first topic copied over to the new one so that it is not Haz who stands as creator.

The act of closing a thread and opening a new version is actually an act of kindness. What would you prefer?
a) thread closed for days while a dozen (or more) warnings are issued for posts therein before it is unlocked
or
b) a clean slate where you avoid those warnings and potential bans and continue posting without delay

If you feel certain parts of the rules are unsatisfactory, feel free to create a thread where you address those particular aspects in a well-reasoned manner and the staff will listen and look into any and all of those possible problems.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Zeratul wrote:AdminJason has given the rule over to the forum administrators. He maintains contact with the staff, but day-to-day operations are in the hands of the administrators and their staff.

As Haz has mentioned, who stands as author of a topic has no relevance at all. If you prefer, we can arrange to have the first post from the first topic copied over to the new one so that it is not Haz who stands as creator.

The act of closing a thread and opening a new version is actually an act of kindness. What would you prefer?
a) thread closed for days while a dozen (or more) warnings are issued for posts therein before it is unlocked
or
b) a clean slate where you avoid those warnings and potential bans and continue posting without delay

If you feel certain parts of the rules are unsatisfactory, feel free to create a thread where you address those particular aspects in a well-reasoned manner and the staff will listen and look into any and all of those possible problems.

i want someone calm down haz and control his abuse vs player
and i close here no way on this forum
i show why haz is bull and you ask me what i prefer now :smt021
close it we can.t ask justice here
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:need refresh your memory??
open a war topic by a moderator

As mentioned countless times before, it was opened to continue on from the locked thread, a clean slate from all the spam/insults in the locked thread.

R0B3RT wrote:warning for spam all who post on topic

A warning in-thread to keep on topic, and that all in-thread warnings from the previous thread applied to the new one.

R0B3RT wrote:warning me after i report your out rules action

I warned you for responding to a moderators action, which by the rules, is seen as spam.

R0B3RT wrote:close for 6 time my topic i.m DDE hc and i can open a war topic not you :smt021

Firstly, the DDE vs OE thread already existed. You creating another one was not needed (and before you say I did the same thing, the main difference is that I was trying to eliminate spam and insults, by creating a clean slate for the war).

Secondly, perhaps after me locking the first few threads, you would have gotten the message and stopped. But it seems you didn't, which is what got you the warning and cooldown ban.

Zeratul wrote:AdminJason has given the rule over to the forum administrators. He maintains contact with the staff, but day-to-day operations are in the hands of the administrators and their staff.

I am all for that.

Zeratul wrote:The act of closing a thread and opening a new version is actually an act of kindness. What would you prefer?
or

It would possibly take quite a few days to go through and clean out every single spam/insult post and issue the appropriate warnings to them. That is not something I wished to be responsible for.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:

or

i want someone calm down haz and control his abuse vs player
and i close here no way on this forum
i show why haz is bull and you ask me what i prefer now :smt021
close it we can.t ask justice here

That's the thing, I'm not being abusive. I have nothing against you, or any other user on this forum. I just enforce the rules.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

close it i talk with a wall here
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:close it i talk with a wall here

Or you could respond back and actually be constructive about it. You do notice the irony of refusing to constructively respond, yet saying you are the one talking to a wall?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:

Or you could respond back and actually be constructive about it. You do notice the irony of refusing to constructively respond, yet saying you are the one talking to a wall?

constructive ? =D> i leave you destroy in pace i don.t disturbe you anymore
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

constructive ? =D> i leave you destroy in pace i don.t disturbe you anymore

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Drought
Forum Expert

Rob3rt, as much as I love your rampages at times, I think your carrying this a bit over the top :P

Haz is actually moderating a bit like how you play, with fury, and yes perhaps a bit like a bull (those ones with horns) :P
Yes he probably has the highest scores (or is that a wrong word for it xD) with handing out warnings and such, but come on, with all them hotheads in DDE and OE going at it in the forums .. pff, I am kinda inclined to say I fully understand and agree with how he handled it. What would have been better if his name indeed not carried the topic post, that's a bit, weird .. would be nice if that got fixed (pokes zera).

But his resolve how he handled the topic, was actually one of the better choices to make in my opinion.
You know how much the topic heated up on a daily basis, I think that topic had one of the most warnings handed out to participants then any other thread on this forum for months.
We are all just people and occasionally need to apply our own judgement, even if they don't fully 100% adhere to the written rules, the rules simply do not always apply, or fit, however to call that. His actions had no ill intent and by no means was a move to undermine anyone's authority in the DDE vs OE war.

I know haz plays hardball when it comes to the rules and enforcing it, and perhaps he comes across a bit strict with you, but come on :P with all your mod killings/attacking actions, how can you blame him hahaha you have a well known history in that ;) not saying I approve any level of biased judgement making on your behalf, because I highly doubt it is.

Simply put, you are a very tough player rob3rt, someone who also has no need for a second thought to take anyone's actions (staff or players) from the forum to in game. I am not saying its bad, on the contrary actually, this forum is directly tied to the game, so its logical stuff gets carried over. All his actions relating to the war topic were public, anyone could have complained about it, hardly anyone did.

Recently haz got promoted to global mod, green dude, this is a clear indication that he is doing his job right. Many people, like myself too, keep saying how the forum needs people like that, strict, and not afraid to moderate the big dogs when they are wreaking havoc.
Just imagine if you attacking him or his alliance would work in getting him to back down on your butt, THAT would have been bias. Enforced, but bias nonetheless to save his own butt. which he doesn't. I respect that a lot.

So, where am I going with this long, tedious post .. nowhere really, just trying to make you see that his actions are not based on a personal level, but more on a professional level. He made a choice based on precedent from older war topics in an attempt to get the thread cooled down.
If it were op to me, I would have blocked the topic entirely.

Anyways, good luck, carry on, and kill some (preferably OE ;) )
a very bad hairdo
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Duck Dodgers wrote:Rob3rt, as much as I love your rampages at times, I think your carrying this a bit over the top :P

Haz is actually moderating a bit like how you play, with fury, and yes perhaps a bit like a bull (those ones with horns) :P
Yes he probably has the highest scores (or is that a wrong word for it xD) with handing out warnings and such, but come on, with all them hotheads in DDE and OE going at it in the forums .. pff, I am kinda inclined to say I fully understand and agree with how he handled it. What would have been better if his name indeed not carried the topic post, that's a bit, weird .. would be nice if that got fixed (pokes zera).

Nice analogy :P But I definitely don't keep score :P And I only created the topic so that the verbal warnings could be reflected in it. I can easily change that to the original authors post and then add my warnings at the end, if that is what the users wish.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”