lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

kaboom wrote:
Haz wrote:
kaboom wrote:
Haz wrote:
kaboom wrote:Regarding mods i blindly agree with what ever Rob3rt sad... didnt even read this topic dont think nothin will change..

Mods need to be here to keep us pricks in line ... however who keeps the biass mod pricks in line ?

Not saying we need police to police the police ... some kinda vote bout mods or complaints bout mods that would be acted on not by the mods themselfs would be nice..

Till then ill just stick to me mod massin days

So you didn't even read this topic, just blindly stating your opinion without regard of any response explaining the situation? ](*,) :smt021

Also, please show where this bias occurs. Report the mod or make a post about it in this section, and provide proof of any bias, and action can be taken on it. Just calling bias without proof goes nowhere.

:smt015 , i know you prob warn me now for reacting to a mod

Nope, the rule is "disrespecting a moderator who is acting in an official capacity". You have not disrespected a moderator, nor am I acting in an official capacity.

But who decides when your doing what ? you im guessing ;)

Essentially anything related to this rule would be (including but not limited to): whenever a mod has given you a warning, within an report, a PM to a mod which is in response to a mod action, or a response to whenever a mod is using their Mod colour.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote: I wasn't doing it to create a redundant thread, nor did I abuse my Mod powers.
But, that's what you did...

"No I didn't" "Yes you did" "No I didn't" "Yes you did"...

It's been done before in the TJP vs FUALL thread, I was following from that example. It worked then, it will work now (seems to be). Not redundant.

And I still fail to see how it was abusing mod powers.
So what if it's been done before in the TJP vs. FUALL thread. If someone gets away with murder does that make murder okay? It didn't "work then" either. As much spam and insults as were in the first thread were in the second.

And it would be abuse of powers because
1) You broke the rules by creating a thread which already existed.
2) You then used your Mod powers to lock the old thread thereby changing the situation so you would not be breaking any rules.

You can have "asked" all the people you wanted. You didn't ask the person in charge of your section, first of all. Second of all, that doesn't make it right of excusable. You made the wrong decision, that's all there is to it.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote: I wasn't doing it to create a redundant thread, nor did I abuse my Mod powers.
But, that's what you did...

"No I didn't" "Yes you did" "No I didn't" "Yes you did"...

It's been done before in the TJP vs FUALL thread, I was following from that example. It worked then, it will work now (seems to be). Not redundant.

And I still fail to see how it was abusing mod powers.
So what if it's been done before in the TJP vs. FUALL thread. If someone gets away with murder does that make murder okay? It didn't "work then" either. As much spam and insults as were in the first thread were in the second.

Which was why multiple TJP vs FUALL threads were locked/recreated. 3 or 4 if memory serves.

Also, likening what happened to murder? Really?

Empy wrote:And it would be abuse of powers because
1) You broke the rules by creating a thread which already existed.
2) You then used your Mod powers to lock the old thread thereby changing the situation so you would not be breaking any rules.

No, I locked it, then recreated the thread, based on the suggestions of multiple users involved. Your interpretation (me creating the thread and locking the old one to eliminate an rule breakage) is false. I did not do any of this with the intention of breaking any rules or covering up any rule breakage.

Empy wrote:You can have "asked" all the people you wanted. You didn't ask the person in charge of your section, first of all.

I didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from you. I also felt that if you disagreed, you would have reversed my actions and sent me a PM. Neither of these things happened.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Haz wrote:Which was why multiple TJP vs FUALL threads were locked/recreated. 3 or 4 if memory serves.

Exactly, they had to keep making new ones... because it didn't work. So why would it now? It wouldn't.

Oh you are aghast I chose murder? Okay how about petty theft? Jaywalking? Overdue taxes? Are those okay for the analogy?

Haz wrote:No, I locked it, then recreated the thread, based on the suggestions of multiple users involved. Your interpretation (me creating the thread and locking the old one to eliminate an rule breakage) is false. I did not do any of this with the intention of breaking any rules or covering up any rule breakage.
Well the order doesn't really matter, and neither do your intentions. People don't intend to break the rules lots of times when they do, doesn't change the fact that they did.

Haz wrote:I didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from you. I also felt that if you disagreed, you would have reversed my actions and sent me a PM. Neither of these things happened.
No, you didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from me. But you went and asked other Global Mods if they thought it would be okay. Yup.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:Which was why multiple TJP vs FUALL threads were locked/recreated. 3 or 4 if memory serves.

Exactly, they had to keep making new ones... because it didn't work. So why would it now? It wouldn't.

Oh you are aghast I chose murder? Okay how about petty theft? Jaywalking? Overdue taxes? Are those okay for the analogy?

Why liken it to any crime?

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:No, I locked it, then recreated the thread, based on the suggestions of multiple users involved. Your interpretation (me creating the thread and locking the old one to eliminate an rule breakage) is false. I did not do any of this with the intention of breaking any rules or covering up any rule breakage.
Well the order doesn't really matter, and neither do your intentions. People don't intend to break the rules lots of times when they do, doesn't change the fact that they did.
The way you worded it, made it sound like I intentionally broke the rules, then "abused my mod powers" to cover it up. Neither are true.

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:I didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from you. I also felt that if you disagreed, you would have reversed my actions and sent me a PM. Neither of these things happened.
No, you didn't feel it needed the go-ahead from me. But you went and asked other Global Mods if they thought it would be okay. Yup.

I spoke to one other GM, only because he was on MSN at the time, and I spoke to him not as mod-to-GM but as mod-to-mod, what his opinion was as far as action in that thread was. I wasn't asking for his go-ahead.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter
ID: 0

HAZ you are a big :---) and this forum have rules just for players not for moderators :smt078
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:HAZ you are a big :---) and this forum have rules just for players not for moderators :smt078

Can you please provide any proof of me being a "liar"? (I assume that is what you meant as "big nose" seems out of context :P)

And rules are for everyone, everyone has to abide by them on this forum. I try my best to abide by the rules, and to keep others in line with the rules too.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:HAZ you are a big :---) and this forum have rules just for players not for moderators :smt078

Can you please provide any proof of me being a "liar"? (I assume that is what you meant as "big nose" seems out of context :P)

And rules are for everyone, everyone has to abide by them on this forum. I try my best to abide by the rules, and to keep others in line with the rules too.

i don.t wait your reply not help me :smt019
ignored
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

ignored

It's hard to work together to solve any problems between mods and users, when one side doesn't want to help, and ignores the other side... If you have any proof, provide it, and something can be done. Otherwise, this will have a hard time moving forward.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

ignored

It's hard to work together to solve any problems between mods and users, when one side doesn't want to help, and ignores the other side... If you have any proof, provide it, and something can be done. Otherwise, this will have a hard time moving forward.

you can hold and stop spam me?
you are nothing for me just a bull with button :smt019
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

ignored

That's the thing, the only one spamming here is you. Actually try being helpful, and this could actually solve a few things.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

ignored

That's the thing, the only one spamming here is you. Actually try being helpful, and this could actually solve a few things.

your topic still open ](*,)
mods can.t start war on galactic colosseum :smt019 close your last abuse :smt019
i don.t care about bull warning because this is not my forum now
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

ignored

mods can.t start war on galactic colosseum :smt019 close your last abuse :smt019

I'm not following, what topic? What war have mods started? What abuse?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

ignored

drunk?
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Haz wrote:

ignored

drunk?

Completely sober. Just hard to understand what you were asking.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”