lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter
ID: 0

lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

who take like me bann for no reason post here
and why we can.t vote for who can manage this forum

all stupid take the button and play here not in game :smt010
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Re: lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

SuperSaiyan wrote:so lets talk about the rules and alleged abuse then shall we?
I'd love to discuss this.

Please use detailed examples, I'll be ignoring vague comments without evidence under the assumption its trolling. Anything posted here with detailed information will receive a response by me personally and if it merits continued discussion I will do so with you in private and post the end result publicly here. If you don't wanna post it, feel free to just pm me.

So please, lets try to discuss this in a civil manner.

Any flaming, spamming, trolling, etc will result in the thread being locked in the end and appropriate consequences for those that break the board rules will be handed out. Lets try to be constructive for a change ;)
:smt023 you are the best after this ;) thanks
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:

Please use detailed examples, I'll be ignoring vague comments without evidence under the assumption its trolling. Anything posted here with detailed information will receive a response by me personally and if it merits continued discussion I will do so with you in private and post the end result publicly here. If you don't wanna post it, feel free to just pm me.

Any flaming, spamming, trolling, etc will result in the thread being locked in the end and appropriate consequences for those that break the board rules will be handed out. Lets try to be constructive for a change ;)

Have you an issue you'd like to discuss? I would assume you do, as you made the thread...

And thanks. I try.

yes i have after i got warning after i report a mods post
why mods can lock a war topic and a open a new one ?
mods can decide when i go in war?
mods can close my fight in game?
so please manage this abuse ;)
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:

Have you an issue you'd like to discuss? I would assume you do, as you made the thread...

And thanks. I try.

I assume you are referring to Haz creating a new OE/DDE Topic.
He did not dictate your war's status, he locked the original thread and instead of cleaning its entirety in a tedious fashion, chose to create a new thread from scratch. An action he explained in both threads I believe (could have just been the new one, not 100% on that).

I can assure you that you were not warned for the action of reporting a post via the report function available to users.

As for the action of closing a war thread and starting a fresh one, it was done during the Fuall/TJP war. This is not the first time it was done and it will not be the last based on how war threads tend to go on this forum. Haz did nothing wrong by creating that new thread, he did not mandate your war, he simply moved the discussion from the closed/spammed/trolled thread to a new clean thread so that it could continue for the duration of the war.

i got
and i ask to close the new one because is a abuse from mods
if need ask admin to close this did me ;)
repeat.... why mods open a war topic
give me a good point
i play the game and i like mods do the right job here
not piss off the last player in this game
i don.t thing admin is happy to see someone kill his toy ;)
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:

And thanks. I try.

He did not dictate your war's status, he locked the original thread and instead of cleaning its entirety in a tedious fashion, chose to create a new thread from scratch. An action he explained in both threads I believe (could have just been the new one, not 100% on that).

I can assure you that you were not warned for the action of reporting a post via the report function available to users.

As for the action of closing a war thread and starting a fresh one, it was done during the Fuall/TJP war. This is not the first time it was done and it will not be the last based on how war threads tend to go on this forum. Haz did nothing wrong by creating that new thread, he did not mandate your war, he simply moved the discussion from the closed/spammed/trolled thread to a new clean thread so that it could continue for the duration of the war.

i got
give me a good point

I don't think you understood my post, as I answered the question you just asked in it.
The topic was opened as a fresh start to the discussion. The old thread was locked and the new thread was opened, its that simple. The topic in the threads is the same, the war was the same. A Mod did not mandate said war, simply transferred the discussion from a cluttered thread to a new one.

mods open it is not my war

and did to all after my warrning is end you post this ? i was unlocked after 24 h =D>
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Jack on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Learn to spoiler
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

[spoiler]
SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:

And thanks. I try.

i got
give me a good point

I don't think you understood my post, as I answered the question you just asked in it.
The topic was opened as a fresh start to the discussion. The old thread was locked and the new thread was opened, its that simple. The topic in the threads is the same, the war was the same. A Mod did not mandate said war, simply transferred the discussion from a cluttered thread to a new one.

mods open it is not my war

and did to all after my warrning is end you post this ? i was unlocked after 24 h =D>

I'm sorry but what does your ban have to do with the war thread?
[/spoiler]
repeat i got ban after i report who open the topic
and i don.t want mods decide who fight in this game
can limit to warn and delete'?
is hard to understand ? ba
Last edited by Jack on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler'd the epic quote of death~
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

i wait someone else to post about mods abuse is not my convo with supersayan here :smt019
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

SuperSaiyan wrote:I assume you are referring to Haz creating a new OE/DDE Topic.
And that was the wrong action to take, he chose to ignore instances of rules being broken and instead locked a thread that should not have been locked because it was still ongoing and instead chose to then create a redundant thread (against the rules) but used his Mod Powers to lock the old one (abuse of powers) so he was no longer breaking the rule. That's like, 2 strikes.

SuperSaiyan wrote:As for the action of closing a war thread and starting a fresh one, it was done during the Fuall/TJP war. This is not the first time it was done and it will not be the last based on how war threads tend to go on this forum. Haz did nothing wrong by creating that new thread, he did not mandate your war, he simply moved the discussion from the closed/spammed/trolled thread to a new clean thread so that it could continue for the duration of the war.
Irrelevant if it was done before, that neither justifies nor explains why it was done now, and on what grounds/authority it was done now. As explained above he broke the forum rules and used his Mod Powers to clean it up. In addition this closing of the old thread and creating a new thread solved no problem, there were still rules broken in the old thread which went unpunished, and there will still be new instances of rules being broken in the new thread. Same people, same wars, same attitude, no change but a new thread. Pointless.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Empy wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:I assume you are referring to Haz creating a new OE/DDE Topic.
And that was the wrong action to take, he chose to ignore instances of rules being broken and instead locked a thread that should not have been locked because it was still ongoing and instead chose to then create a redundant thread (against the rules) but used his Mod Powers to lock the old one (abuse of powers) so he was no longer breaking the rule. That's like, 2 strikes.

SuperSaiyan wrote:As for the action of closing a war thread and starting a fresh one, it was done during the Fuall/TJP war. This is not the first time it was done and it will not be the last based on how war threads tend to go on this forum. Haz did nothing wrong by creating that new thread, he did not mandate your war, he simply moved the discussion from the closed/spammed/trolled thread to a new clean thread so that it could continue for the duration of the war.
Irrelevant if it was done before, that neither justifies nor explains why it was done now, and on what grounds/authority it was done now. As explained above he broke the forum rules and used his Mod Powers to clean it up. In addition this closing of the old thread and creating a new thread solved no problem, there were still rules broken in the old thread which went unpunished, and there will still be new instances of rules being broken in the new thread. Same people, same wars, same attitude, no change but a new thread. Pointless.
bingo empy understand me ;)
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:

What?! I took actions on suggestions, and the fact that this has been done previously.

Haz wrote:Following the suggestions that this thread should be locked and recreated, I have decided to action this to provide a clean slate from the spam and insults and countless other instances of rule breaking. A new thread will be created and all in-thread warnings from this thread will apply to the new thread.

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Everything posted between my last mod action before the locking, and the lock, was on topic. About 1-2 pages. I had multiple people suggest the thread be locked and recreated. I thought it was a good idea, and enacted it. No ignorance of rules being broken, and I fail to see how this is abuse of powers.

Had anyone reported posts from the old thread, I would have looked at the reports and actioned them based on their content. But I didn't have any reports since the lock.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Warning for spam, as everyone was warned posting off topic in the thread would not be tolerated anymore.

after i ask why ? good replay ba
after i got another one after i report your new topic #-o

someone delete this abuse repeat i don.t want mods open war topic is out off rules
after all haz topic still there #-o
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

What?! I took actions on suggestions, and the fact that this has been done previously.

Haz wrote:Following the suggestions that this thread should be locked and recreated, I have decided to action this to provide a clean slate from the spam and insults and countless other instances of rule breaking. A new thread will be created and all in-thread warnings from this thread will apply to the new thread.

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Everything posted between my last mod action before the locking, and the lock, was on topic. About 1-2 pages. I had multiple people suggest the thread be locked and recreated. I thought it was a good idea, and enacted it. No ignorance of rules being broken, and I fail to see how this is abuse of powers.

Had anyone reported posts from the old thread, I would have looked at the reports and actioned them based on their content. But I didn't have any reports since the lock.
:---)
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

why close a topic and not move it to the right place ??
need more about this moderator ??
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

why not just STHU, follow the rules and/or play the game, you constant **Filtered** is boring.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Why lock the thread and create a new one if no rules were being broken in it then? If it was the case that rules were being broken in it (and it must have been) then you chose the route of not doing your job and just swept it under the rug by creating a new thread as opposed to doing your job and cleaning the old thread OR permanently locking it.

It is against the rules to create a redundant thread, you did that. I don't see how you being a Mod would absolve you of doing so. Just because you then locked the old thread (or whatever order it happened) doesn't make it okay, it just means you (unknowingly, I'm sure) used your Mod powers to circumvent having actually broken the rule.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”