Terms of Service/Legal/User Agreements

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Terms of Service/Legal/User Agreements

Juliette wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Juliette wrote:How was that a genocidal rant?
[KMA]Avenger wrote:...the state should kill them all such is my hate and contempt for these sick people...

Conundrum or irony?! anyways, they should all seek immediate help or be put to death...PERIOD!
yeah, ok juliette.
That does not make homosexuals a people, so no, that is NOT genocide. It is really not that complicated.

He is saying the law should be changed so that homosexuality is criminal and punishable by death. He does not say "Come, let us go kill us some gays". What else is new, that thought has been a part of history (and the law, up until very recently) for millennia.

Lets not go into technicalities on definitions. We all know SS means that KMA was wanting for the mass killing of a specific group of people, based on their sexuality. Who cares whether it is called Genocide, homicide or whatever else?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I wish all mods weren't so obsessed with technicalities and looked at right or wrong :(
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:I wish all mods weren't so obsessed with technicalities and looked at right or wrong :(

OK seriously, this is bugging me... why are both you and I agreeing on everything?

This is getting creepy. :P

Sidenote: not all mods ;)
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:Lets not go into technicalities on definitions. We all know SS means that KMA was wanting for the mass killing of a specific group of people, based on their sexuality. Who cares whether it is called Genocide, homicide or whatever else?
Fair enough regarding technicality, so let us talk about how it was moderated, as that is the crux of this thread.

It was said in the context of a debate. Controversial opinions are just that, opinions. He did not target individuals on this forum or otherwise, he did not express the wish to kill people himself, and while you might disagree with his statements, the rules were not broken. The thread was moderated properly.

Big difference between:
"The state should kill.." (opinion on law, genocidal or otherwise) and "I want to kill.." (criminal intent)

And no, this is not a **Filtered** technicality. You want to put Avenger's arguments in a debate on an equal footing with declarations of criminal intent by some looneys in some other thread (why else would you bring it up until someone responds to it). That is just poor form and bad debatership.
Bah. This is going nowhere.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:No where in yelloweye's post did he say he was going to do it.
His post is the exact same context as KMA's IMO
EXACTLY, glad we agree. :D
I am talking about the treatment of yelloweyes and Aisar's post in the same thread. My point from the beginning has been that it is ridiculous to persecute yelloweyes for 'genocide' (just as it would be ridiculous to attack Avenger as has been done in this thread) while leaving Aisar to say what he said: [spoiler]
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Aisar Saqib wrote:well just feel like sharing it or maybe some know already... Extremist christian direct an anti islam film which brings the chaos globally...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_of_Muslims

due to this yesterday Pakistan has banned youtube access... damn now i cant use youtube anymore..
Your views on the film?
honestly as i am a muslim i wanna kill that bastard who direct that film...
[/spoiler]
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:No where in yelloweye's post did he say he was going to do it.
I am talking about the treatment of yelloweyes and Aisar's post in the same thread. My point from the beginning has been that it is ridiculous to persecute yelloweyes for 'genocide' (just as it would be ridiculous to attack Avenger as has been done in this thread) while leaving Aisar to say what he said: [spoiler]
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Aisar Saqib wrote:well just feel like sharing it or maybe some know already... Extremist christian direct an anti islam film which brings the chaos globally...

due to this yesterday Pakistan has banned youtube access... damn now i cant use youtube anymore..
Your views on the film?
[/spoiler]

By the Forum guidelines, they should all be modded and appropriate action taken.

Hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity) are not allowed.

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Done.

Anywhos, I'll be back in 3-4 hours (after a great lack of sleep before my work shift). I'll be curious as to how this will all pan out.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

Your views on the film?
[/spoiler]

what he said is no different than what you said here though
viewtopic.php?p=1877023#p1877023

:-k

How is being homosexual, or being muslim endangering anyone SS? And for *anyone* who decides to answer this, consider whether your response could be applied to any other sexuality or religion and how you would react to that.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:She is saying it should be removed as he said he wanted to kill someone, which is criminal activity.
Where she outlined a scanrio in which she would say the same thing, hers is a hypothetical, yes but its still stating the initiative to commit criminal activity.

I'm not saying it should have been modded, because it should have. I'm saying this is what happens when you try to nit-pick down to the very nitty gritty of a subject. There needs to be room for interpretation. As for ASJ's post, I do agree it violates the rules and action should be taken.
It is a hypothetical, and no, since there is no chance of the condition being met, there is no chance anyone would read that as criminal intent - unless they are looking to misquote. [-( *grin* Very big difference with what ASJ said.
But your point about nit-picking, sure, I agree.
yellow eyes
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

A few things FM I do think the rioter should be killed even the ones in england should have had forced used agaisnt them I also put countrys not just muslims due to the fact half the worlds dictators that cause all the **Filtered** come from those countrys as for me **Filtered** my mum wow chilidish much gees and I'm loling at being a red neck cause I'm deffo not one of those. Also me burn in hell I don't believe in god or the devil so doesn't affect me really and I didn't chose muslims due to what they believe in u said that not me mate so talk bout going over the top much . Btw good luck in life with your child hope all goes well for you
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I think you all need to calm down and quit the pendantics!

u mad bro?

Lol, genuinely, didn't want to troll, I'm just passionate about this and I appreciate the efforts that are being made now, I just couldn't see any resolve. Which infuriates me!

Just wanted clarity, nobody gave me that.

Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:I wish all mods weren't so obsessed with technicalities and looked at right or wrong :(

OK seriously, this is bugging me... why are both you and I agreeing on everything?

This is getting creepy. :P

Sidenote: not all mods ;)

You grew up and got smart?

No, I was annoyed at your modding of me. Your active engagement and challenging demeanour made me realise you just want to help. I don't dislike any mod at all. I think you are all great...like SS says. Different opinions.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Forum Guidelines wrote:Section 5: Language
c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.
The post that FM quoted does not fall under this rule, currently. This is because it was not a personal attack against another member of the SGW community. It was directed at no one.

SO, to address FM's specific issue which he brought up there are 2 options.
1) Change this rule to make racist statements in general (hate speech) against the rules
2) Do not change the rules and keep general racist statements directed at no one personally not against the rules

To address FM's issue of the TOS/Legal/UA all being added to the Forum Guidelines; Well SS already did. They're not meant to be enforced, so looking at them all 1 by 1 and deciding if they should be added is silly. If you think something needs to be added to the rules, just bring it up. You did so here already, good. Believe it or not Mods do this already on their own, they create threads in the Moderator Section about necessary rule changes (etc) and they're discussed, then either implemented or not. So it's not as if the onus is entirely on the users to suggest rules changes (just so you know).

Hope that solves your issue...

*EDIT*
I should add then the choices I wrote down about (1 and 2) are the Admins to make. They need to decide whether or not it should be added to the rules. All we, as non-Admins can do is make it as easy as possible for them. For example writing several possible examples of the rule change so all they have to do is copy/paste if they agree.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Empy wrote:1) Change this rule to make racist statements in general (hate speech) against the rules

I absolutely oppose this option. As much as I personally dislike the anti-Islamic bigotry that is prevailing in my nation and many others, I can not allow my emotions to interfere with my judgment.

I do not like such strong, blind hatred. But I also do not like silencing debates or unpleasant opinions because they are unpleasant. I'd feel the same way if someone had say the same thing as Yellow whatever about Texans. To be honest, I think people have in the past to be honest with you.

Proud member of the Glorious Texan Master Race~ (J/K)
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Dovahkiin wrote:
Empy wrote:1) Change this rule to make racist statements in general (hate speech) against the rules

I absolutely oppose this option. As much as I personally dislike the anti-Islamic bigotry that is prevailing in my nation and many others, I can not allow my emotions to interfere with my judgment.

I do not like such strong, blind hatred. But I also do not like silencing debates or unpleasant opinions because they are unpleasant. I'd feel the same way if someone had say the same thing as Yellow whatever about Texans. To be honest, I think people have in the past to be honest with you.

I agree.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Empy wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:

I agree.

I second.

Motion passes. 8) 8-[ :-"
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Dovahkiin wrote:

If it's in the context of a debate, then that's fine. But if it is definitely hate-speech, or downright racism/discrimination, then something should be done.

There is a huge difference between "I don't like <insert group here> because <insert their *valid* opinion here" (debate) and "OMG <group> SHOULD ALL GO KILL THEMSELVES OR THE STATE SHOULD KILL THEM!" (hatred/hate speech). Also, just because someone may not like a certain group of people, that does not give them the right to say whether they should live or be killed.

I don't like racists, I don't like discriminators, I don't like homophobes. Some of the stuff they (by they, I mean a minority of them) say and do makes me sick. But I would never say they should be killed. If brought up in a discussion, I would say that I don't like them, and I would provide my reasons. But it would be pretty much never be my opinion to have others killed because they have opposing views.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”