User Protection (Cyber Bullying)

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: User Protection (Cyber Bullying)

Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Ok...don't forget to check when you get home :-k
Did you not read the replies you got?

- You cannot foe a moderator.
- A moderator can foe anyone they want.

Nope, the forum isn't phone optimised. I presumed as a low traffic thread there wasn't anything inbetween the short period between my posting and Haz' posting. Thanks though for highlighting it!

Gregor Clegane wrote:Mods can have foes but mods can't be made a foe.
If I'm bulling someone they can't hide my posts.

So technically, the suggestion by Empy may not work if a moderator is bullying? Then again, there is somebody responsible and in charge of every mod. So that is sufficent right? :-k

Either you can take it to the section admins (as ombudsmans of their sections) or even to me (as a next step, or for any other cases).
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Nope, the forum isn't phone optimised. I presumed as a low traffic thread there wasn't anything inbetween the short period between my posting and Haz' posting. Thanks though for highlighting it!
Haha, true. I get that with my phone too. Should really be possible.. different subject.
Field Marshall wrote:
So technically, the suggestion by Empy may not work if a moderator is bullying? Then again, there is somebody responsible and in charge of every mod. So that is sufficent right? :-k
Indeed. I personally believe that to be sufficient oversight. In Clegane's case, bullying would be handled by Sol (his Section Admin), and Haz (if Sol cannot get through to him).

[spoiler]I'm going to spoiler this, in an attempt to not gauge to much of a reaction...but is there a protocol if Haz is bullying? Particularly in recent events...and even yourself Juliette? You both report only to Jason if I am correct? I apologise for not knowing the new setup. You are all presumably accountable to somebody?

Curiousity now more than anything...![/spoiler]
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Haha, true. I get that with my phone too. Should really be possible.. different subject.
Field Marshall wrote:
Indeed. I personally believe that to be sufficient oversight. In Clegane's case, bullying would be handled by Sol (his Section Admin), and Haz (if Sol cannot get through to him).

[spoiler]I'm going to spoiler this, in an attempt to not gauge to much of a reaction...but is there a protocol if Haz is bullying? Particularly in recent events...and even yourself Juliette? You both report only to Jason if I am correct? I apologise for not knowing the new setup. You are all presumably accountable to somebody?

Don't apologise, not everything is shown in the announcement, and the only way to know is to ask. :)

If a mod admin is bullying, one or more section admins can be notified, who will bring it to Jason. If a section admin is bullying, you can bring it to the mod admin, who can bring it to Jason.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Field Marshall wrote:

Don't apologise, not everything is shown in the announcement, and the only way to know is to ask. :)

If a mod admin is bullying, one or more section admins can be notified, who will bring it to Jason. If a section admin is bullying, you can bring it to the mod admin, who can bring it to Jason.

Well that kinda clears up everything. Hopefully if anybody is feeling pressured or feel they are being picked on, they can use this as a little guide in how to act...

Thanks guys, nice to see the staff all moving in similar directions. Cheers.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Umm, Haz? [spoiler2=You]do not have authority over Section Admins. ;)[/spoiler2]

Field Marshall wrote:[spoiler]I'm going to spoiler this, in an attempt to not gauge to much of a reaction...but is there a protocol if Haz is bullying? Particularly in recent events...and even yourself Juliette? You both report only to Jason if I am correct? I apologise for not knowing the new setup. You are all presumably accountable to somebody?

[spoiler]If Haz bullies I will break his nose and Jason will cut him off. If I/or any of the other Section Admins bully, Jason cuts them off, removes their permissions and does horrible things to them in their sleep. It does take someone stepping up with a legitimate complaint that cannot be explained reasonably.. directly to Jason. Haz is at our (Section Admin) level, and can only fire Section Mods. Jason is the one who will do any required reprimanding of the Section Admins.

No official protocol exists in these situations (beyond going to Jason). Though since Haz rolls with a different crowd, I doubt him and I would be - if ever - bullying the same person(s). (Not to mention there are 6 other Section Admins to set us straight.) Checks and balances.. if that makes sense? :)[/spoiler]

I personally do not see the point of bullying (aside from impersonally silencing opposition through tyranny, which cannot be applicable to this forum, in my opinion), if I want someone to do something I tell them to do it. Then they either do it, or they do not (in which case I look for someone else to do it).
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:Umm, Haz? [spoiler2=You]do not have authority over Section Admins. ;)[/spoiler2]

Field Marshall wrote:[spoiler]I'm going to spoiler this, in an attempt to not gauge to much of a reaction...but is there a protocol if Haz is bullying? Particularly in recent events...and even yourself Juliette? You both report only to Jason if I am correct? I apologise for not knowing the new setup. You are all presumably accountable to somebody?

[spoiler]If Haz bullies I will break his nose and Jason will cut him off. If I/or any of the other Section Admins bully, Jason cuts them off, removes their permissions and does horrible things to them in their sleep. It does take someone stepping up with a legitimate complaint that cannot be explained reasonably.. directly to Jason. Haz is at our (Section Admin) level, and can only fire Section Mods. Jason is the one who will do any required reprimanding of the Section Admins.

No official protocol exists in these situations (beyond going to Jason). Though since Haz rolls with a different crowd, I doubt him and I would be - if ever - bullying the same person(s). (Not to mention there are 6 other Section Admins to set us straight.) Checks and balances.. if that makes sense? :)[/spoiler]

I personally do not see the point of bullying (aside from impersonally silencing opposition through tyranny, which cannot be applicable to this forum, in my opinion), if I want someone to do something I tell them to do it. Then they either do it, or they do not (in which case I look for someone else to do it).

I don't have authority over SAs, nor vice versa. However, I can bring a case of bullying to the person who does have authority - Jason. Same with a SA reporting me...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:I don't have authority over SAs, nor vice versa. However, I can bring a case of bullying to the person who does have authority - Jason. Same with a SA reporting me...
Exactly. ;) That is good to have clear, for all to see. It seemed like you were implying differently, hence my 'hey you!' comment.
luminen
Elder King
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Kdo ví

Field Marshall wrote:
Empy wrote:"Bullying" is not against the rules.

Things that might be considered bullying, such as abuse, are against the rules.

In your opinion, with bullying more present on the internet that it should be considered?

Nope, people just have thinner skin than they used to. You felt the blunt of that on the forum by its owner a bit ago, did you not?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

yakuza wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

In your opinion, with bullying more present on the internet that it should be considered?

Nope, people just have thinner skin than they used to. You felt the blunt of that on the forum by its owner a bit ago, did you not?

Nope, that was me disregarding every rule in the book and becoming personal. That wasn't bullying, that was a direct challenge.

Perhaps they do have thinner skin, doesn't mean we should disregard protecting them...if we can, ofc.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Field Marshall wrote:
yakuza wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

Nope, that was me disregarding every rule in the book and becoming personal. That wasn't bullying, that was a direct challenge.

Perhaps they do have thinner skin, doesn't mean we should disregard protecting them...if we can, ofc.

As stated, users are protected from bullying through the Abuse/Racism rule. Forum members are required to speak courteously to each other. While we are not stringent on every possible case where courtesy has flown out the window, the more serious cases are easily handled through the stated rule.

It's not fool proof, but I'm sure we can work something out if a special case that didn't technically violate any forum rules were to arise on the forum.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”