Moderator Multi Question

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Moderator Multi Question

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:I hope that I may keep some dignity here. I trust Juliette is open to a bit of criticism, it keeps us all on our toes afterall.
Oh, I appreciate criticism. Love it, really.. anything to improve performance, yada etc.
This, however, is not criticism. This, dear friend, is an accusation (notably of being a lieing, cheating wench who uses a multi that would get her a lot more to do). You wound me. :(
Criticism: Comments pointing out flaws in order for them to be improved/fixed/taken into consideration.
Accusation: Allegations of (criminal) misconduct.

As for your mention of revenge; I do not see the need for revenge. You are just acting out your boredom like anyone would who has nothing interesting to do. :smt058 You are no challenge to my presence here. But now that you mention it, have you wronged me in any way that I have not (yet) noticed that would warrant acts of revenge (or a grand imperious scheme) on my part?

Don't be wounded, you merely coasted suspicion in my mind. I merely used you as an example :-D whilst bringing up your past to support my argument.

Get thicker skin, like the British :smt047
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Field Marshall wrote:
Psyko wrote:I deal with them both frequently. They are different entities.

If you bother to believe me...

Also, it is against policy to allow any singular person to have multiple Mod accounts.

I take back everything I ever said about you. Against policy?

Excellent :-D

Would you like me to produce the evidence for slaughter here or by PM?

But...I'm only aware of you saying nice things about me... You want to take those comments back?? 8-[

It's not an official policy, but the point of putting someone on staff as a Moderator is that the current ranks are insufficient to moderate the forum. It would be counterintuitive, and frankly stupid, to then have two accounts (and one user) be given Moderator status.

If a section is getting busy and we have enough Mods, we ask for volunteers to take on more work. Again, no need for a secondary account. So long as I have been around, there has been no one stupid enough to put a Mod's multi account on Staff (save for some Zeratul activity...).

I don't need your evidence, because I know them to be two separate people. But you can PM me if you still feel like supplying it to someone.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Field Marshall wrote:Don't be wounded, you merely coasted suspicion in my mind. I merely used you as an example :-D whilst bringing up your past to support my argument.

I bruise easily but heal very quickly. ;) It has been 6 years. Funny how people keep bringing it up after they run into the pointy end of my job here, while they are all too happy to ignore it if they need something from me.

The British do not have thick skin. They have composure. Big difference. But hey, what the hell. :-D

As for suspicion; of course there is that. There will always be. Hell, for all we know Femme is right, and we are the same person. (That would mean I really need to get a life of my own though, lol!) :-D Either way.. while you used me as an example in an otherwise legitimate question, you attracted a bunch of loonies who - for various reasons of their own - figured the time was right to jump on the "OMG SHE'S BAD"-bandwagon. I blame you for that. [-X
:smt058
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

If someone had two accounts with mod status that would first mean they had to earn it with both accounts. That means they actively have to post stuff, be nice to people, then fool all of us SAs and MA to think that the other account is a separate account, not tied with any of already existent mods. If it were tied, well there simply is no point in having another mod to mod a section at the same time other mods are online.
If they wished to mod a different section - well any mod can voice his desire to mod a different or an additional section.

Even if that all was the case, there's a case of WHOIS that can give us a pretty clear information to whether or not someone is telling the truth.

Of course someone could, hypothetically, get the situation to match the need for us to take in another mod, then fool us about who they are, an possibly even fool the WHOIS.. But then again, that's a lot of work..and for what? An extra vote? All of the most important things regarding the forum are decided by us, SAs (all of us have been around these forums for years, active pretty much all the time, and well it'd be a bit stupid to think any one of us has actually multi accounts that are also SAs).. So all that work for an extra vote in decisions that aren't the most important decisions made on these forums?
Well if anyone has that much free time, they're welcome to help keep the forums clean imho :)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:Don't be wounded, you merely coasted suspicion in my mind. I merely used you as an example :-D whilst bringing up your past to support my argument.

I bruise easily but heal very quickly. ;) It has been 6 years. Funny how people keep bringing it up after they run into the pointy end of my job here, while they are all too happy to ignore it if they need something from me.

The British do not have thick skin. They have composure. Big difference. But hey, what the hell. :-D

nah we have thick skin :smt047

unless your a southern fairy 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

In the past it would have been disallowed.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

George Hazard wrote:In the past it would have been disallowed.

It's policy to not allow it. Well unofficial policy anyway :smt100
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:

There are no official mod policies.
Save for a few rules that did not get deleted and a guideline posted by Jason years ago that is so invalid it requires mods to have secret accounts to remain impartial.

Granted... I'd have no idea if someone finally made actual rules following my departure. I only know that up until then there was nothing but "unofficial" stuff and a few rules, such as the no leaking policy.
Psyko
The Irresistible

George Hazard wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

There are no official mod policies.
Save for a few rules that did not get deleted and a guideline posted by Jason years ago that is so invalid it requires mods to have secret accounts to remain impartial.

Granted... I'd have no idea if someone finally made actual rules following my departure. I only know that up until then there was nothing but "unofficial" stuff and a few rules, such as the no leaking policy.

:-#
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”