So Psyko,

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

So Psyko,

We discussed whether or not reposting threads and comments that had previously been removed was considered spam, which you know it is. We did not discuss the original removal of said comments and whether or not that action was correct.

We all know mods make mistakes at times, but compounding the issue by blatantly posting and reposting removed information without handling the previous issue first exacerbated the problem and earned you a warning for spamming, just like it would have for any other user.

As the warning has been determined, this thread is now locked. I'm always open to discussion, but this would be better suited to continue in Talk to the Mods Direct.

~Psyko
your wish, my command...

so just who determined this? I am asking as all forum personal were to be considered as equals from what FORUM posted when the "new team" were created. No hierarchy,

And weren't the "new team" created because of the same practises now being demonstrated by the current team?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Re: So Psyko,

The current forum hierarchy can be found here:- viewtopic.php?f=109&t=196101

So, the Sections Heads and the Mod Admin are all on equal footing. Mods report to the Mod Admin, and the Section Heads can decide how their individual section is moderated, as an example (the GC / VC) is not actively moderated because Psyko (the Section Head for General) has decided it is counter productive.

For the Ombusmen section, all the SH's and the Mod Admin have equal sway with whatever is being discussed.

For the record, nobody has ever ask me to moderate any individual members over anybody else.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

fem fatale wrote:
We discussed whether or not reposting threads and comments that had previously been removed was considered spam, which you know it is. We did not discuss the original removal of said comments and whether or not that action was correct.

We all know mods make mistakes at times, but compounding the issue by blatantly posting and reposting removed information without handling the previous issue first exacerbated the problem and earned you a warning for spamming, just like it would have for any other user.

As the warning has been determined, this thread is now locked. I'm always open to discussion, but this would be better suited to continue in Talk to the Mods Direct.

~Psyko
your wish, my command...

so just who determined this? I am asking as all forum personal were to be considered as equals from what FORUM posted when the "new team" were created. No hierarchy,

And weren't the "new team" created because of the same practises now being demonstrated by the current team?
I can't personally speak to all of the background reasons why Forum created the new structure for the team, because I have no relationship whatsoever with the man behind the account. Someone else is likely more equipped to answer that question, like the guy who made the decision. He stated in his announcement that it was to be run by the community "rather than a dictatorship" and to lessen the internal drama (which I did witness).

As to the structure itself...
Forum wrote:A structure with:

Tech Admin, who can do the nuts and bolts backend stuff;

Mod Admin - who will recruit, train, assign and help all mods. Be their representative and escalation point if there are any issues with the section admins.

Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!
Section Admins control the sections, and they act as the ombudsmen for their sections. So if there is a complaint about a warning issued in my section, they can come to me publicly or via PM and I will handle it as an Ombudsman; the same can be done in each of the other sections with their respective admins.

When an issue is posted in the Ombudsman section, which resides in General (my purview), the Section Heads unofficially and rather naturally got together, to remove any perception of bias, and discussed the issue with each other until a general consensus has been made.

This method is my fault, as I was the original person who brought an issue to the Section Heads when a user was unsatisfied with my Ombudsman ruling (via PM) regarding an issue in the GC. When it was clear the user was not happy, I offered to take the issue to the others and have them determine the final outcome of the incident, since no official process is in place and I try to be as fair as possible, and the user in question chose to have that be the process in that scenario. From that point on, anything brought out publicly in the Ombudsman section has been discussed and handled by all Section Admins (who are readily present - within a few days - to ensure a faster decision). None of us sat down and made that determination, we just did it naturally.

Honestly, Forum changed everything about the structure of this forum staff without covering the details, like rule enforcement, permissions, and processes & procedures. Everything done since that change has been determined democratically through discussion between the Section Heads and the Mod Admin. Other than the Global Announcement posed to the entire forum, Forum did not get involved.

(Sorry, I composed this earlier during my lunch break but had to run to a meeting)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

psyko wrote:Other than the Global Announcement posed to the entire forum, Forum did not get involved.
big surprise there

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”