What is allowed in Q now?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

What is allowed in Q now?

Just wondering.. What is allowed in Q now?
There have been multiple forum topics removed, which don't break any of the forum rules. They weren't locked or moved to the public dump, they were moved away to the mod dump. All of the topics have been valid topics, none of them were spam. The only thing that they had in common was questioning (in)actions of admins. Is that prohibited now? If so - mind making a public announcement so we know that we cannot question any of admin actions or lack thereof? Because asking for explanation apparently gets your topic removed.
To me, it just seems like a way for admins to control what people see and thus what people think about them.

But forums are just the tip of the iceberg. We had cheaters who admitted they had access to eachother's accounts (which is against the rules), albeit they did not admit they were multies. Nothing happened to them, they'd still have both accounts if I hadn't been massing them.
We had a cheater that every bit of evidence proves is a multi and has been a multi for a couple of years. Nothing happened to them - apparently due to lack of IP match (which we all know how hard it is to get around :roll: ) or to a lack of confession (which is something cheaters - or in RL criminals - usually do, you know, confess they did something illegal..yeah that always happens, we don't need courts at all :roll: ).
Now we have someone who the Game Cops saw was fed, got banned, and our new admin went and unbanned them and removed their ban count. Not even asking for a clarification from the Game Cops about the ban before doing it.

But wait, there's more. Something that strongly suggests admins are reading ingame messages. As someone's race name (**Filtered** - if it gets filtered, a female dog) was mentioned in a PM to someone else and not 2 minutes later, their race name was changed. Not by themselves. Nor was it reported by the player who received the PM.
Then there's the fact - but that goes on a bit longer - that someone's RL identity was nearly stolen a while back (I am talking about someone very well known within the Q community) and the passwords and emails where the near-theft came from, led to QW.

So I ask myself, what is and what isn't allowed in Q now?
Is sharing account details allowed? Because based on what I have seen (no actions taken against those who admitted to share account details), it is.
Is multying allowed? Because based on what I have seen, as long as you don't confess to it or your IPs don't match, it is.
Is feeding allowed? Because based on what I have seen, it is. And if Game Cops ban you, Haz will unban you.
Is posting this thread allowed? Because based on what I have seen, everything that questioned actions of admins was removed far from public sight (don't worry, I will save this up before I post it, you know, just in case), without it actually breaking any of the forum rules.
Is sharing anything personal in ingame PMs safe? Because based on what I have seen, it isn't, as one of the admins is very, very curious about what people send in PMs.
Are login information safe? Because based on what I have seen, one should better not be using their login information elsewhere.

Oh and if this topic breaks any rules, mind telling me which rule it is? Because as far as I know, there is no rule stating one shouldn't ask the questions the game admins don't want asked. But hey, what do I know. I was just an ex Game Cop who helped out a lot in the game, before the new admin took over and my work wasn't appreciated any more. I was also Quantum forum Section Head, but I am sure I know nothing about forum rules and such. Oh and I've also been around since Q's 2nd era, helped catch many, many cheaters and have a lot of experience with various eras and everything, but hey, what do I know about Q? I am sure someone who just got the keys to Quantum also got the knowledge and experience, gained through being an active Quantum member, along with the keys.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: What is allowed in Q now?

Neimenljivi wrote:Just wondering.. What is allowed in Q now?
There have been multiple forum topics removed, which don't break any of the forum rules. They weren't locked or moved to the public dump, they were moved away to the mod dump. All of the topics have been valid topics, none of them were spam. The only thing that they had in common was questioning (in)actions of admins. Is that prohibited now? If so - mind making a public announcement so we know that we cannot question any of admin actions or lack thereof? Because asking for explanation apparently gets your topic removed.
To me, it just seems like a way for admins to control what people see and thus what people think about them.
I'm keeping myself away from this one, as I did with your ombudsman case.
Neimenljivi wrote:But forums are just the tip of the iceberg. We had cheaters who admitted they had access to eachother's accounts (which is against the rules), albeit they did not admit they were multies. Nothing happened to them, they'd still have both accounts if I hadn't been massing them.
Last era, before I started? I've yet to see any reports from anything before I started working on Q. Please feel free to re-report them.
Neimenljivi wrote:We had a cheater that every bit of evidence proves is a multi and has been a multi for a couple of years. Nothing happened to them - apparently due to lack of IP match (which we all know how hard it is to get around :roll: ) or to a lack of confession (which is something cheaters - or in RL criminals - usually do, you know, confess they did something illegal..yeah that always happens, we don't need courts at all :roll: ).
This has already been discussed, investigated and reinvestigated. Bring actual evidence, and not just opinions and beliefs, and I am more than willing to continue investigating.
Neimenljivi wrote:Now we have someone who the Game Cops saw was fed, got banned, and our new admin went and unbanned them and removed their ban count. Not even asking for a clarification from the Game Cops about the ban before doing it.
Actually, no I didn't. I was busy most of yesterday and was unable to access anything ingame related. Best guess would be to speak with Support.
Neimenljivi wrote:But wait, there's more. Something that strongly suggests admins are reading ingame messages. As someone's race name (note, this is not masking since that's exactly what their race name was - "B1tch") was mentioned in a PM to someone else and not 2 minutes later, their race name was changed. Not by themselves. Nor was it reported by the player who received the PM.
Then there's the fact - but that goes on a bit longer - that someone's RL identity was nearly stolen a while back (I am talking about someone very well known within the Q community) and the passwords and emails where the near-theft came from, led to QW.
Someone else reported it to me. And since I know you wouldn't take my word for it, I took a screenshot of the PM:
As for identity theft, I know nothing of it. I have been in this position for around two weeks, and since you say it "goes on a bit longer", I would assume this was before then.
Neimenljivi wrote:So I ask myself, what is and what isn't allowed in Q now?
Is sharing account details allowed? Because based on what I have seen (no actions taken against those who admitted to share account details), it is.
No. If it was handled before I started, re-report it and I will investigate. I can't do anything more than that until I know who you are talking about.
Neimenljivi wrote:Is multying allowed? Because based on what I have seen, as long as you don't confess to it or your IPs don't match, it is.
As above. "This has already been discussed, investigated and reinvestigated. Bring actual evidence, and not just opinions and beliefs, and I am more than willing to continue investigating."
Neimenljivi wrote:Is feeding allowed? Because based on what I have seen, it is. And if Game Cops ban you, Haz will unban you.
As noted above, I was busy all day yesterday and didn't get any chance to look into it. Once again, speak to Support.
Neimenljivi wrote:Is sharing anything personal in ingame PMs safe? Because based on what I have seen, it isn't, as one of the admins is very, very curious about what people send in PMs.
Are login information safe? Because based on what I have seen, one should better not be using their login information elsewhere.
These are just assumptions based on incorrect information. As noted above, I did not obtain the information from ingame PMs, but rather from a user reporting it to me on the forums.

But as many companies and many games note for their systems, you should never share personal information, and to not use the same login information. Do what I do, have one set of passwords for all my games, and have different passwords for all my personal email/bank/work credentials.
Neimenljivi wrote:Oh and if this topic breaks any rules, mind telling me which rule it is? Because as far as I know, there is no rule stating one shouldn't ask the questions the game admins don't want asked. But hey, what do I know. I was just an ex Game Cop who helped out a lot in the game, before the new admin took over and my work wasn't appreciated any more.
I was actually going to approach you for advice, but as soon as you found out that I was going to be Quantum Admin, you wrote a post attacking it and having a go at me for inactivity (despite not giving me a chance to even start with the game).

Your work is appreciated. But if someone is going to attack me before I even start, why would I want to go to them for their advice and expertise?
Neimenljivi wrote:I was also Quantum forum Section Head, but I am sure I know nothing about forum rules and such.
So you know about the rule stating that you should not repost topics after they have been locked and dumped?
Neimenljivi wrote:Oh and I've also been around since Q's 2nd era, helped catch many, many cheaters and have a lot of experience with various eras and everything, but hey, what do I know about Q? I am sure someone who just got the keys to Quantum also got the knowledge and experience, gained through being an active Quantum member, along with the keys.
I never said I had the knowledge and experience, in fact far from it. I am still learning the system, as you need to when starting something new.
And as noted above, I would have liked your advice and expertise, had you not been so aggressive and negative towards the new management before I even had a chance to start.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers
ID: 0

Haz wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:Is feeding allowed? Because based on what I have seen, it is. And if Game Cops ban you, Haz will unban you.
As noted above, I was busy all day yesterday and didn't get any chance to look into it. Once again, speak to Support.
u can't be serious ](*,)
May 16, 2014 Hammond Of Texas deleted__Aaaaaaaaarrgggghhh 168,357,502 Naquadah lost 0 0
May 16, 2014 Hammond Of Texas deleted__Aaaaaaaaarrgggghhh 0 Naquadah lost 0 0
and in a week u will say there is no evidence?
haz u are THE admin or support it is?
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

bebita wrote:
Haz wrote:
u can't be serious ](*,)
May 16, 2014 Hammond Of Texas deleted__Aaaaaaaaarrgggghhh 168,357,502 Naquadah lost 0 0
Support is helping out, while I am still getting used to the role.

And yes, that is evidence. Wild guesses and conjecture are not.

Since Support already dealt with it, I am waiting to speak with her.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

Haz wrote:
bebita wrote:
Haz wrote:
u can't be serious ](*,)
Support is helping out, while I am still getting used to the role.

And yes, that is evidence. Wild guesses and conjecture are not.

Since Support already dealt with it, I am waiting to speak with her.
ty for the answer ,and goodluck with setlleing things with the guys that are so upsaid for past things
jack from my point of view :what was done was done ,
wait for new evidence to present to haz and after that start blaming him.
a cheater always will remain a cheater
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

bebita wrote:
Haz wrote:
u can't be serious ](*,)

This has been delt with by what ever admin delt with it. It was a mistake that was explained to gamecops and one of the admins and he was ok with taking the punishment.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

As your thread title, and content directly asks questions to the Quantum Admin Haz, this could have been dealt with by pm's.

Since it was not, it will be moved to 'Talk to the Mods Direct', so you can continue your discussion with him.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Setesh
Lord of the Abyss
ID: 89014

This isn't closed yet? :smt047
[00:52:43] chacho67430: Di... setesh says thanks
[00:53:03] DeathIncarnator: someone kill setesh
Extremer wrote:I shall Enter TheLion
[4:54:59 PM] robert_paul97: (gay)
[4:55:08 PM] robert_paul97: (gaypartty)
[4:55:14 PM] robert_paul97: not work
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Re-repost them? Or you could, you know, use the search function or actually read the topics. I took care of them as one of the accounts was deleted, although I have no doubt they already have a new multi account (or sorry, an additional account they have access to), they created one pretty much straight after deleting.
You've made it pretty clear you don't care what those that are in place to help you think. You've also made it clear that pretty much everything is just an opinion and not an actual evidence. I am sure their confession was also just my opinion and not an actual evidence, just as logs which clearly show one account is always there when the other account is and always happens to login and do stuff the other account wants to be done at the time the other account wants things to be done - well these logs are also just an opinion apparently.
If you are interested in which accounts admitted to having access to each-other's accounts, go search the Q forums in recent weeks. It's not like there are too many threads in there as a good couple of threads were removed for bogus reasons.

Ahh sorry, so it was Juliette unbanning someone who got fed with an account they used before getting their old account back again. I am sorry. It makes a world of difference - well wait, actually it doesn't. One of the two newest Q admins unbanned the account who was banned for breaking the feeding rule. I am aware of what happened and the explanation (Ronon), but facts remain. The guy did feed his new/old account with the account he used before he got the old one back. Was it something that will cause him to win the era? No. Did it break the rules which get you banned for a day (or multiple days, depending on how many times you previously got banned for such rule breaking)? Yes.

I didn't blame you for the near-identity theft, I just questioned the safety of account details.

As I've said, the only actual evidence of multying is a confession. No other evidence will completely prove someone is a multi. IP match? Too easy to change IPs, besides, they could always play on a family member card. Since there is no private trading in Q, advantages via multying are obtained in a different way, much as the way those accounts obtained their advantages.

The key word being "going to". You were going to. You are going to do a lot of things. When? Who knows. I wrote a post attacking lack of actions against cheaters under a disguise that Juliette isn't around (she even went as far as to conceal the "last login" time of her forum account), yet she could add you as a new admin and not use one of the already existing admin-ish accounts, but instead adding yet another. Your inactivity (or rather lack of taking actions when they are needed than pure not-logging-in type of inactivity) is something that was clear to me from my time as a SH. FFS, I had to wait for what, over half a year before I finally got a mod assigned to Q after asking you to do it a good number of times? And that's not the only case. In Q you don't get to have 6 months before you can decide something. You don't get to have a month or even a week. You get to have a day or two max. It depends on the situation, of course, but waiting a week can, in some cases, mean that you won't be able to repair the damage being done without doing a rollback, which you won't do because it'd screw other people up. So far, your actions have been far from something that would impress me, not that I think you'd want or need to impress me. But yes, I do not think you are a good candidate for a Q admin. Better than Juliette, yes, but still not suitable. For main and ascended? Sure, why not. Your inability or hesitation to take important decisions isn't as vital there, due to the slow pace of the game. Q is a whole different story.

Yes I know about that rule. I also know about a rule stating whichever mod that dumped a topic should first be sure it breaks forum rules (which it didn't) and then notify the author of the topic about why it was removed. None of this was done. As I explained in the other thread, there was a serious breach of MCoC regarding those topics. I could also play the dumb card and say that I didn't know my topics were moved to the dump (as they shouldn't have been moved as they were valid topics which didn't break any rules and as I didn't get any message about the topics being moved and the reason for that), that I only suspected something went wrong every time I tried to post it, as every time I tried to read the replies, the topic wasn't even there.

You certainly don't strike as someone who'd want to be given advice as you so easily dish out the opinions of people more experienced than yourself.

I still haven't gotten an answer, though, why my topics were removed? Or why Elg's topic was removed? They were all valid and in the correct section.
I believe Elg's question is also still left unanswered - what kind of evidence would you need to ban someone? To me, the only "actual" evidence you could get that would eliminate all doubts is a confession. All the other evidence are purely circumstantial in Q. Does that make the evidence any less valid when they pile up to form a Mt. Everest?

Btw, who is to say they were really feeding? Isn't that a conjecture based on evidence gathered? It is a clear-cut case, for me. But if I go down the same logic as you went while investigating Hippy and Skyfusion, I'd say - hmm there are these logs that show something. They show that one account helped another. Maybe it wasn't intentional? :smt017 Maybe the accounts were from different people and maybe the account just happened to take all their naq out while the other account just happened to hit them?
It's a conjecture, a conclusion that it was a feed. It's not any more of an actual evidence like the evidence showing Hippy and Skyfusion were always online at the same time with Skyfusion always helping Hippy whenever Hippy needed help. They logged in seconds from each-other on multiple occasions. Skyfusion fed Hippy back while it was allowed. Before the GAL they tried to hide the fact, after GAL came out, they were open about it. Since feeding was banned, Skyfusion helped Hippy by making sure Hippy doesn't waste any resources for building a necessary covert to spy his rivals and by making sure the people who pose a threat to Hippy are massed and to make sure Hippy doesn't have to spend any resources to raid people who used to have a defence (which was conveniently removed by Skyfusion). Logs prove all of this. If GAL showing HoT being fed are evidence, then I really cannot understand how logs proving all the above mentioned facts can not be evidence? It's a conclusion in both cases, except that there were many more (and different types of) logs which led to the conclusion of Hippy and Skyfusion being multies than HoT being fed.

Bebita - the way I see it, any new evidence can just as easily be dismissed by Haz as conjecture and wild guesses as the evidence we already gathered. The only actual, apparently, evidence is a confession and we won't get that. What was done can only bring more cheaters to the game, not less.

Caprila - I am not the only one with these questions so asking them out in the public will also provide answers to everyone else who is confused and puzzled by recent (in)actions. And I assure you, there are many of those.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Caprila looked up from her work, displeased at another interruption.

The messenger wilted under her gaze, and swallowed before speaking. "Neim has written another reply, Mistress."

Caprila pushed hair back from her face, mentally cursing the heat down here. Having a furnace next door provided a whole range of opportunities for research, but the practicalities were becoming irritating. "Bring it in then," she replied, moving away from her latest project to the small desk. Her eyes widened, as the messenger beckoned to someone out of sight, and a small cart entered the room, containing some 50 tablets. "How many replies did he make?"

"Just the one Mistress, but it is...long." The Messengers tripped over their own feet, bowing, then trying to leave her presence first. At some point, she was going to have to find some better employees.

Caprila wiped her hands one of the rags, and picked up the first tablet. Predictably it began the same as all the others. She wondered if he had a template for such discussions, and just filled in the blanks. The second tablet continued in the same vein, and she made a notation on the side to direct him back their previous discussion.

Behind her, the subject on the table groaned. It was probably not a very comfortable position to be left in, but perhaps it could provide interesting data. Flipping over one of Neim's tablets, she started making notes about when she'd ceased activity, and how long it had taken for the subject to wake.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice one of her messengers enter the chamber later that afternoon, to clear away the remainder of the tablets.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

While I enjoy reading an RP post now and then, I'd enjoy it a lot more if I got some answers.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I am so glad I and everyone else have been given such awesome responses that clarify everything. It really makes one believe a lot more in the current administration :smt017

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

I have been quite busy with work and university this week. Don't worry, I've been writing up parts of a reply in between that and looking into reports.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

It took me a while, but here you go:
Neimenljivi wrote:Re-repost them? Or you could, you know, use the search function or actually read the topics. I took care of them as one of the accounts was deleted, although I have no doubt they already have a new multi account (or sorry, an additional account they have access to), they created one pretty much straight after deleting.
You've made it pretty clear you don't care what those that are in place to help you think. You've also made it clear that pretty much everything is just an opinion and not an actual evidence. I am sure their confession was also just my opinion and not an actual evidence, just as logs which clearly show one account is always there when the other account is and always happens to login and do stuff the other account wants to be done at the time the other account wants things to be done - well these logs are also just an opinion apparently.
If you are interested in which accounts admitted to having access to each-other's accounts, go search the Q forums in recent weeks. It's not like there are too many threads in there as a good couple of threads were removed for bogus reasons.
I originally did quite a search on this, but had quite some trouble keeping up with who had done what, what was done when, whether it was already resolved... Hence why I asked for you to re-report it. To allow me to know what I need to deal with, and what can/should be left alone.
Neimenljivi wrote:Ahh sorry, so it was Juliette unbanning someone who got fed with an account they used before getting their old account back again. I am sorry. It makes a world of difference - well wait, actually it doesn't. One of the two newest Q admins unbanned the account who was banned for breaking the feeding rule. I am aware of what happened and the explanation (Ronon), but facts remain. The guy did feed his new/old account with the account he used before he got the old one back. Was it something that will cause him to win the era? No. Did it break the rules which get you banned for a day (or multiple days, depending on how many times you previously got banned for such rule breaking)? Yes.
I mentioned Juliette because she was the one who dealt with it. She notified me that she took care of it, but I don't know her reasons behind it, nor the full details of her actions.
Neimenljivi wrote:The key word being "going to". You were going to. You are going to do a lot of things. When? Who knows.
Yes I was "going to". I was hoping to speak to you within a few days, but I would hardly want to ask advice from someone who won't even give me a chance to start before calling me inactive and inexperienced.
Neimenljivi wrote:I wrote a post attacking lack of actions against cheaters under a disguise that Juliette isn't around (she even went as far as to conceal the "last login" time of her forum account), yet she could add you as a new admin and not use one of the already existing admin-ish accounts, but instead adding yet another. Your inactivity (or rather lack of taking actions when they are needed than pure not-logging-in type of inactivity) is something that was clear to me from my time as a SH. FFS, I had to wait for what, over half a year before I finally got a mod assigned to Q after asking you to do it a good number of times? And that's not the only case. In Q you don't get to have 6 months before you can decide something. You don't get to have a month or even a week. You get to have a day or two max. It depends on the situation, of course, but waiting a week can, in some cases, mean that you won't be able to repair the damage being done without doing a rollback, which you won't do because it'd screw other people up. So far, your actions have been far from something that would impress me, not that I think you'd want or need to impress me. But yes, I do not think you are a good candidate for a Q admin. Better than Juliette, yes, but still not suitable. For main and ascended? Sure, why not. Your inability or hesitation to take important decisions isn't as vital there, due to the slow pace of the game. Q is a whole different story.
Yes, because in the 4 months since you left your position, I couldn't have become more active? Not to mention that half of the time was waiting on responses from other section heads. Yes, I'll admit a part of it was from me, but as you were well aware of at the time, I also had uni and work to deal with, not to mention (as already mentioned) waiting on the responses from other staff members.
Neimenljivi wrote:You certainly don't strike as someone who'd want to be given advice as you so easily dish out the opinions of people more experienced than yourself.
I'll assume you meant "diss out" there. Which certainly isn't true. I've taken into account quite a bit of advice from other game admins, and some players who have spoken to me. But of course, that's your opinion...
Neimenljivi wrote:I still haven't gotten an answer, though, why my topics were removed? Or why Elg's topic was removed? They were all valid and in the correct section.
I originally moved your topic, pending the announcement of me starting development and administration of Quantum. As was the reason it was moved by someone else. You were notified both times of this, yet you played dumb and reposted the topics. As for Elg's topic, Caprila dealt with that post, so you should speak with her.
Neimenljivi wrote:I believe Elg's question is also still left unanswered - what kind of evidence would you need to ban someone?
It was answered. Caprila told me of what she told Elg in PM, which was correct.
...what evidence is needed for a ban is not something discussed with active players, for obvious reasons.
Some of it is common sense, but I will not discuss any deeper than that. I will note that I am looking into other methods of proving multiing and feeding evidence though.
Neimenljivi wrote:To me, the only "actual" evidence you could get that would eliminate all doubts is a confession. All the other evidence are purely circumstantial in Q. Does that make the evidence any less valid when they pile up to form a Mt. Everest?
See reply above.
Neimenljivi wrote:Btw, who is to say they were really feeding? Isn't that a conjecture based on evidence gathered? It is a clear-cut case, for me. But if I go down the same logic as you went while investigating Hippy and Skyfusion, I'd say - hmm there are these logs that show something. They show that one account helped another. Maybe it wasn't intentional? :smt017 Maybe the accounts were from different people and maybe the account just happened to take all their naq out while the other account just happened to hit them?
Were both accounts controlled by the same user? If not, then it was merely someone helping a friend. Should I ban that? If that's the case, I should just delete alliances, since it is completely illogical to ban friends from helping each other, but to keep alliances around.
Neimenljivi wrote:If GAL showing HoT being fed are evidence, then I really cannot understand how logs proving all the above mentioned facts can not be evidence? It's a conclusion in both cases, except that there were many more (and different types of) logs which led to the conclusion of Hippy and Skyfusion being multies than HoT being fed.
Firstly, there was an IP match. Secondly, there was a confession. That was the evidence in the case of HoT.
In the case of Hippyfool/Skyfusion, there was no IP match, not even any similarities. The login, attack and spy logs were suspicious, but not conclusive enough to be counted as proof.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Yeah, you see, when it takes someone a week to reply to your post that someone doesn't exactly strike you as active enough for an admin. You just proved my point.

Was it resolved? I massed accounts until one account deleted. Did anyone with admin powers resolve it and make sure it doesn't happen again, despite a confession? No.

Then it seems you and Juliette should figure out your roles in Q first. Unbanning someone who breaks rules that get you banned and admits to it is never going to put any confidence in admins from a player's point of view (at least from those players who play fairly). But then again, Juliette is hardly any better from those cheaters so I am sure she can relate to them.

Regarding the activity - again, you taking a week to respond to my message doesn't make me buy into the whole "I am a lot more active now" story. As I said an admin in main? Sure, why not. In Q? Not nearly active enough.

I was not notified of it in any official manner. Sol sent me a message asking me why I posted what I did. Then you sent me a message next time, again providing no solid reason why I shouldn't have posted what I did. It didn't go against forum rules. But then again I already explained how serious a breach of MCoC occurred and I am not about to waste my time doing it again.

Yes some of the evidence is common sense.. but in Hippy's case, you threw out every piece of evidence that is common sense due to not being an "actual" evidence.

Yes, because friends will always be on exactly at the time you are on and always when you need them and will, year after year, do what it takes to make you win. Sure. And the proof of foul play was just circumstantial evidence that counts for nothing in a place where the only sort of "actual" evidence is a confession.

The last point proved what I was saying all along. IP match and a confession. Anyone who is has been here long enough knows of proxies. Bam, there goes the chance of getting an IP match. A confession? Because someone will confess all of the victories and good finishes were a result of cheating, right :smt043 And all those times that they logged in minutes one from each-other (like all the time, pretty much) aren't a similarity between the two accounts. As I said - if you would have gotten an IP match (which is sooo easy to get around) or a confession (which people normally don't do, especially when they've been cheating for so long), you would have banned them. Now because 2 pieces of "evidence" (one can easily be faked, as for the other - people do lie, you know) are missing, you decided not to ban. Clever.
Anyway, it seems that even if you do break the rules that warrant a ban and there's enough evidence to prove it and you even confess to it, you get unbanned anyway. Whereas if you don't confess you just don't get banned.

All you're doing is enabling people to cheat even more.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”