Auto boot out of perg

JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

Auto boot out of perg

So was going through an officer of mine logs who is in perg and the numbers the players have in perg seems like they should have no problem competeing in the main realm:

Dec 28, 2009 Mightymidget 75,042,369,426 Naquadah stolen 15 16,179 40,926 346,934,112,000 7,681,363,785,373

Dec 27, 2009 En Sabah Nur 31,048,301,374 Naquadah stolen 15 60,503 41,968 683,128,320,000 5,004,958,404,283

I mean with those kind of strikes they should be fine.

So here is what I suggest:

A) When you hit the limit to go into perg while you are in perg you are automatically kicked. 60 mil army size is just fine in main realm, especially when you can grow a lot faster and easier in main realm since there are more farms and bigger inactives here than in perg.

or

B) When you reach the rank to gain GnR points you are booted out of perg. I understand some people want to build and stuff when they go into perg, but no glory should be gained out of it. If you're at the rank to where you can gain GnR you should have no problem defending yourself.

OR

c) Cap the total power of a person in perg at 5 tril. They can build all they want, but once they hit 5 tril total power their power can not go up anymore no matter what. This will allow them to grow as they want to without obtaining massive amounts of glory, dominating all the players who are actually there to grow some and intending to leave, stay out of the top rankings, and come to main if they want to use their true power. They could still buy spy levels and MS upgrades and such, but once 5 tril total power hits, that is it.

All of this will eliminate the bigger players going into perg and dominating the smaller players, such as my officer who is trying to grow, and those bigger players can come out and be big and bad in the main realm.

soooooooo...
Last edited by JediMasterX on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Auto boot out of perg

The boot should be if their over 50m army and in the 5 G&R range.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
TacticalCommander
Forum Regular
Race: Saige
ID: 8742

As someone who spent considerable time in perg, the best solution I've come up with thus far is something along this:

If the total power of the account is greater than say X, it is then considered too powerful for the realm of perg and is booted out.

X = 10 Trillion....maybe 5 trillion.....

This would make a little better sense in my opinion as really wont change the way perg is played, but does keep players from exploiting it as a safe massive farm area while being untouchable.

TC
GLORY TO THE GOD ALMIGHTY!
I am not being aggressive, I am being dominant.
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Meh... dump the whole crappy perg idea completely. The only people that are really in perg are those that exploit it.
Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Tetrismonkey wrote:
MaxSterling wrote:Meh... dump the whole crappy perg idea completely. The only people that are really in perg are those that exploit it.

XD

As for perg, why not just cap the total army size and total power.

Total power cannot exceed 3tril
Total army cannot exceed 60mil

This way, it still allows those that wish to grow at a slower pace some protection, but limits the abusers of what they can build and cant.

3t power a little harsh, that can easily be atained with a few million spies and a cheap covert level.

Maybe 6-10t

60m army, yes should be booted.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
wasmguy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 68961
Alternate name(s): Western Warrior

JediMasterX wrote:So here is what I suggest:

A) When you hit the limit to go into perg while you are in perg you are automatically kicked. 60 mil army size is just fine in main realm, especially when you can grow a lot faster and easier in main realm since there are more farms and bigger inactives here than in perg.

or

B) When you reach the rank to gain GnR points you are booted out of perg. I understand some people want to build and stuff when they go into perg, but no glory should be gained out of it. If you're at the rank to where you can gain GnR you should have no problem defending yourself.

Just so everyone knows, I am a perg sitter at the moment so my viewpoint is biased that way.

A) Currently the perg cap is 30% exceeding the perg entry limit giving you a max army size of around 60.6 mil before the auto boot. Most of us are here for the slower play style and prefer it.

While, yes, there are more inactive farms in norm, they are hardly as rich as those in perg. I can log in once a day, farm over a tril from inactives or raid a few mill UU comfortably without having to spend too much time online (1/2 hr) or too many ATs (300-500). I cant speak for everybody but I usually get around 3B naq / 4k uu min for each AT used. We only get roughly 3.4K ATs (2k market and 1.4k generic) per week and most dont even use all them.

Instead of changing army size restrictions, how about putting a restriction on inactives ie take away some of our farms. Somehow make it so once they are halfway to being removed from the ranks, they are shifted back to norm. I have over 50 pages of inactive farms, most with over 1 mill UU out. If they shift, some players will be less reluctant to stay with less farming available.

B) There are a good mix of those that are not currently ascending and those that wish too get GnR in relative safety. Currently the Max glory one can get is 1 point per turn, no matter what rank. Personally I agree there is no real glory staying in perg. It was originally made for a slower style of game so newer people could build and ascension is not building in my opinion.

How about the removal of glory from perg. If people feel they are ready to ascend, then they can go out into norm and "earn" their glory.

JediMasterX wrote:All of this will eliminate the bigger players going into perg and dominating the smaller players, such as my officer who is trying to grow, and those bigger players can come out and be big and bad in the main realm.

Most of us have grown in here to our current states, just as your officer is doing currently. And as for dominating, he doesnt look to be having too harder time sitting there in the top 250. If he doesnt like getting farmed he could always build up more def

And the part about the bigger players coming out into main, I suspect that is all what you guy really want so you can have at them and all their massables. Here is a novel idea, why not come to perg for a fight if that is what you are after, or build stats to push them down the ranks.

TacticalCommander wrote:If the total power of the account is greater than say X, it is then considered too powerful for the realm of perg and is booted out.

X = 10 Trillion....maybe 5 trillion.....

Lets say you want to get back at someone, the only feasable way with the 60 AT limit is sabbing. You do the right thing and get a few covert levels to keep UU costs down then bang, you are back out in norm and cant get at them. So it might not work as well as you think....

MaxSterling wrote:Meh... dump the whole crappy perg idea completely. The only people that are really in perg are those that exploit it.

I realise this may be stirring a hornets nest but I'll say it anyway. Just how is building stats and gaining rank an exploit. Massings and wars are still possible in perg, you just have to be very organised and use good tactics to pull it off rather than 1 person go click click click as what happens in norm
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

wasmguy wrote:I realise this may be stirring a hornets nest but I'll say it anyway. Just how is building stats and gaining rank an exploit. Massings and wars are still possible in perg, you just have to be very organised and use good tactics to pull it off rather than 1 person go click click click as what happens in norm

Building stats knowing that nobody else can really mass it, is exploiting perg. Hitting people in main knowing they can't chase you to perg is exploiting perg. In main, if someone gets into 5G&R, they can be massed out of it easily and often. In perg, very few people will be able to touch you... therefore there is minimal risk.

Perg was created for new players to get acquainted with the game. To be honest... anyone that ascends once should no longer be considered "new" and should no longer be eligible for perg... and they shouldn't be gaining G&R to ascend in perg, either.
Spoiler
wasmguy
Fledgling Forumer

MaxSterling wrote:Hitting people in main knowing they can't chase you to perg is exploiting perg.

In perg, very few people will be able to touch you... therefore there is minimal risk.

I do agree with this. Runners are a problem (both ways). You could always forward them onto us :lol:
numbers
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

i personally think some people just wanna mass down the stats of some peeps in perg then they would be happy and not give a ####

always alot of talk about the whole not gaining G@R but newer people needs to be able to gain it somehow
but if ya gunna put a rank limit then u may needs not worry at all.

still i think rank idea is silly if u think about it....

nice thoughts wasm however what u talking about targets with more then 1 mil XD

if i raid its from 4mil + ;)
Teus
Forum Newbie
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1971518

No more than 60 attacks on a player per day.

Max 1 G&R per day.

Army size >60mil auto boot.

No trading or giving of Naq, UU or turns.

Seems to me perg has plenty of restrictions already. I'll ask the question of those saying that there aren't enough; how many of you want to come to perg? Most can't stand it because THERE ARE TOO MANY RESTRICTIONS. As has been said, perg is just a slower form of game play.
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

Why would you try and impose a Power/Rank limit on perg? Because people with money out are getting farmed?

You can easily jump through to rank 500, and have 10 tril power with basic stats. It's not an accountable aspect to make a judgement on, I mean, what's to stop the same thing happening in perg with people that hit the exact limit on power and continue to farm away in perg, you haven't fixed the problem, you've just changed the trigger. But that doesn't even seem to be the issue here, what people seem to be complaining about is active players in perg.

Personally, I was in Normal reality for 95% of the time up until 6 months ago. I came to perg because I wanted a slightly slower game style. I like the 60 turn limit, and I like the unit cap, which could be reduced if you really felt that strongly about it, because truth be told I've been an active player for about 2 1/2 years now and I've only just clicked over 40 mil. I also loathe PPT. I just hate the vast majority of players in main being on PPT usually for 4 days a week. Doesn't happen in perg.

I don't really care about massive army sizes, and I like the fact that it requires an organised effort to mass someone, and in all honesty, a single player can easily build up stats in perg and not fear some random coming along and zeroing every aspect of his account. The 60 turn limit works for the smaller players to build that defence and maintain it.

It means one player isn't going to come along and absolutely ruin your account.

I guess, the issue here is, what is perg now, and what you want it to be.

To me, it's a tangent of main, it's a slower play style, and it means that you don't have to maintain a high growth to have a massive pool of miners just to keep an account playable. It's still a place where people grow their accounts then go to norm...where massive players essentially just maul them back to perg anyway.

But people seem to want it to be a place where someone can sit and not be attacked period.
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: lol
ID: 69040

60.4m army is the size that you get booted out currently.

lulz?
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

I'd probably remove glory and reduce the army size before getting auto-booted.

But everything else is okay. No need to worry about booting inactive accounts out. There are lots of accounts in main so all you need to do is spend a little time building a farm list which individually may not be quite as 'rich' but the list is definitely longer.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: lol
ID: 69040

I'm just wandering, why is everyone "bullying" these guys in perg? Stop trying to get them to play the way YOU play. Its not your right to decide its theirs. Leave them be and stop being pathetic.

:-$

lulz?
wasmguy
Fledgling Forumer

Teus wrote:No more than 60 attacks on a player per day.

Max 1 G&R per day.

Army size >60mil auto boot.

No trading or giving of Naq, UU or turns.

Seems to me perg has plenty of restrictions already. I'll ask the question of those saying that there aren't enough; how many of you want to come to perg? Most can't stand it because THERE ARE TOO MANY RESTRICTIONS. As has been said, perg is just a slower form of game play.

Tropic Thunder wrote:I'm just wandering, why is everyone "bullying" these guys in perg? Stop trying to get them to play the way YOU play. Its not your right to decide its theirs. Leave them be and stop being pathetic.

Well put both of you

Return to “Suggestions Archive”