Alliance war system

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

Moderator: Suggestion/Reports Mods

Post Reply
User avatar
Shadowarrior
Forum Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Shadowarrior » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:28 pm

Again, a "elite" alliance could smash smaller alliances all day long and with coordinated attacks win in moments. As for paying all loses plus 50%,,,,Can you not see the abuses this would allow? How could an alliance ever grow if they get beaten and then have to send the rest of their account to the enemy?[/quote][/quote]

I stand corrected i however belive that we should have the option to "damage fighting capicity" when 90% of stats are removed the penality for siad action would be a 25% decrease in attack/covert, (due to loss of morale." for 5 days this ensures that wars for the weak are still winnable,but gives a reward to those who attack with efficency and strategy.
ote]
Mc. Random says:
If I had to compare you with anyone in history shadow, It would be general patton.

User avatar
Byakko
Forum Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:37 am
Alliance: Republic Guard
Race: System Lord
ID: 1953988
Location: WA state USA

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Byakko » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:09 am

So here is a thought...stay with me here
What if...

instead of one on one battles you can send your mothership much like you send it in search of new planets, to fight along with your alliance in a space war with another alliance

just declare war on another alliance and if they too declare war then it would unlock a new ability to click a button and volunteer your mothership to fight in "The Battle Of _____" and then it would go and engadge in a space war along with other members of your alliance

now there would have to be some sort of limit and order to it as well
it could be five ships each with order acording to rank or mothership power or maybe even haveing a clan leader picking who's ship gets what spot

Lead mothership

Right wing

Left wing

Resurve

Ect..

In closeing i feel this would brng alliances closer togeather they would have team efforts and it would bring a deeper feel for them i think this goes with this topic but if it dosnt i will repost it just thought it was a good idea am i wrong?
Image
Lord Byakko has spoken

User avatar
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Posts: 10730
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:30 am
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117
Location: On the dark side of the moon

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Lore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Byakko wrote:So here is a thought...stay with me here
What if...

instead of one on one battles you can send your mothership much like you send it in search of new planets, to fight along with your alliance in a space war with another alliance

just declare war on another alliance and if they too declare war then it would unlock a new ability to click a button and volunteer your mothership to fight in "The Battle Of _____" and then it would go and engadge in a space war along with other members of your alliance

now there would have to be some sort of limit and order to it as well
it could be five ships each with order acording to rank or mothership power or maybe even haveing a clan leader picking who's ship gets what spot

Lead mothership

Right wing

Left wing

Resurve

Ect..

In closeing i feel this would brng alliances closer togeather they would have team efforts and it would bring a deeper feel for them i think this goes with this topic but if it dosnt i will repost it just thought it was a good idea am i wrong?


all boils back to

"Human Nature"

if you already know who will win, and due to game mechanics presently that is known from the start, the loser will never accept a challenge they can't win, why would they?
Image
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

User avatar
Byakko
Forum Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:37 am
Alliance: Republic Guard
Race: System Lord
ID: 1953988
Location: WA state USA

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Byakko » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:20 pm

your a real glass is half full kinda guy arnt you? :(
Image
Lord Byakko has spoken

User avatar
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Posts: 10730
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:30 am
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117
Location: On the dark side of the moon

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Lore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Byakko wrote:your a real glass is half full kinda guy arnt you? :(



I'm just a realist.
Image
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

User avatar
Byakko
Forum Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:37 am
Alliance: Republic Guard
Race: System Lord
ID: 1953988
Location: WA state USA

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Byakko » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:31 pm

well people use the war system dont they? this is just a extention of that to bring it to a new type of war
Image
Lord Byakko has spoken

User avatar
Byakko
Forum Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:37 am
Alliance: Republic Guard
Race: System Lord
ID: 1953988
Location: WA state USA

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Byakko » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 pm

my statments only moved to
Suggestion/Combined Alliance Attacks
Image
Lord Byakko has spoken

User avatar
angryman
Forum Irregular
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:37 am

Re: Alliance war system

Post by angryman » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:25 am

geisha wrote:I have suggested a similar thing ages ago, but I decided to give it another try.

I believe the game needs a system that makes wars winnable and that makes it possible to determine who wins a war and who loses it.

The reason why I think this is needed is because of the way the game has been evolving over the years. There are massive amounts of resources available nowadays and as a direct effect, everyone can afford to keep a war going for ever. There are no winners and no losers. I also believe that this is the reason the forums are going downhill. People get so frustrated with a game they can not win, that they start fighting a war of words on the forums instead and get quite personal and quite insulting. I can't even blame them and I am guilty myself but I think something can be done about this and it is a matter of game design.

So here is my suggestion:

Alliance wars are automatically triggered based on an alliance attacks on another alliance.

When alliance A uses more than a total of 1000 attack turns on at least 3 different members of alliance B within a period of 24 hours, A and B are automatically set to war. The reasons the 1000 turns have to be used on 3 or more members is to make sure that it wasn't just one member finding a nice raid target, but that it really was an act of hostility.

An alliance war lasts 4 weeks, during that period, nobody can join or leave the involved alliances and the alliances can not disband either.

After the 4 weeks, the victorious alliance is determined based on total damage done and on the total defence power remaining. The score system needs to be well conceived to make sure it is fair and can not be exploited. Since not all alliances have the same amount of resources to destroy, it would be unfair to base it only on total damage done. This is why I think it should also count in the defence an alliance is maintaining during the war. This makes sense because not removing the defences is clearly a failure of the other alliance.

When the winner has been declared, the two alliances are set to peace for a period of 2 weeks in which they can not attack each other. During that period nobody can leave or join the involved alliances either.

After that they can still repeat the process and give it another try but there will be no doubt about who has won the previous war.

During the 4 weeks period of war the alliance leaders can end the war early if they wish, all it takes is one alliance leader to click the surrender button and the other alliance leader to accept it. If they do that they skup right to the 2 weeks peace phase.


I have the same idea - just a little change in how war is declared

If a person is hit more then 5 times in 24hrs the attacker is auto set to war with the person he is hitting for 48hrs at which point it returns to neutral.

If 3 members in an alliance have been set to war by another alliance in 48hrs that triggers an auto standard blood realm war for 72hrs.

You going to get massed anyway rather just have the war for the 72hrs & at the end call it a day or go again

after the 72hrs all members are set back to neutral.

- Raiding people set war all the time - the chance you will raid an alliance is small ;) keeps people honest.

Admin should integrate an auto post option on the forum when a blood realm war is started

This is not to see who wins but rather to have a system of war that works.
Image
Image
Prince_of_Darkness wrote: funny... ask angryman why i never have stats... all i train he kills... duuuuh...
http://www.dearjesus.co.za

User avatar
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Posts: 10730
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:30 am
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117
Location: On the dark side of the moon

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Lore » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:04 am

angryman wrote:I have the same idea - just a little change in how war is declaredMajor flaw already as farm lists are created by the "war" setting. So MANY would be at war in the blood realm with 3/4 of the entire server. Complete rebuild of relations would have to happen.

If a person is hit more then 5 times in 24hrs the attacker is auto set to war with the person he is hitting for 48hrs at which point it returns to neutral.ok, fine with that

If 3 members in an alliance have been set to war by another alliance in 48hrs that triggers an auto standard blood realm war for 72hrs.Bad idea as it will force unwanted wars, and smaller alliances will be constantly crippled. Many smaller alliances have people who are inactive for set time per week, but are viable members(some people do have lives, yeah scarey I know). If 1 good naq farm get 3 war settings or one guy gets raided in a group effort, then by human nature and because of worthless information like ME the entire defending alliance will have to be allialated. First to rack up as much ME as possible since its there and its free, Secondly to stop the smaller/weaker alliance from retaliating. Will become abused and smaller alliances will suffer greatly.

You going to get massed anyway rather just have the war for the 72hrs & at the end call it a day or go againsmaller weker alliances will get crushed regularly by this. And again, before a war begins, 90% of the time the outcome is known. 90% of the time its the aggressor. Now with strikes destroyed in the first wave and no way to retaliate aggressor will move even higher to a 99% when the att alliance is bigger or more active. All this does is hand the victory to the most active and the big banks.

after the 72hrs all members are set back to neutral.

- Raiding people set war all the time - the chance you will raid an alliance is small ;) keeps people honest.How? It keeps smaller alliances crushed? but how honest?

Admin should integrate an auto post option on the forum when a blood realm war is started Why forums? Game and forums are not connected in any way. less then 1/3 of the player base even uses the forums. This idea is irational. not to mention serves only the pourpose of feeding other open farms at wars end.

This is not to see who wins but rather to have a system of war that works.You logic is flawed as stated above. This and blood realm is heavily favored to active players, and the attacking force.

Try having a 72 hr war and work 12 hrs a day, come home to NO strike to return fire with. And battle 10 people with no jobs or other commitments.
Image
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

User avatar
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Posts: 5342
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:30 am
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ
Location: Mutilating enemies of the Empire

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Kjarkur » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 am

Shadowarrior wrote:Again, a "elite" alliance could smash smaller alliances all day long and with coordinated attacks win in moments. As for paying all loses plus 50%,,,,Can you not see the abuses this would allow? How could an alliance ever grow if they get beaten and then have to send the rest of their account to the enemy?



While your argument is valid and I unsterstand it - you are forgetting that this is a war game and IMO, isn't supposed to be fair. It's only realistic that there are super accounts and those who have no chance against them.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
Image
General & Battle Moderator
Image
- > SGW Hall of Fame | +
Image
- > SGW's Hero of the Year | +
Image
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010-> | +
Image
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011-> | +
Image

User avatar
Mercenary
Forum Grunt
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:18 pm
Alliance: Dominium ex Malus
Race: Ancient
ID: 24541
Location: United States

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Mercenary » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 am

While your argument is valid and I unsterstand it - you are forgetting that this is a war game and IMO, isn't supposed to be fair. It's only realistic that there are super accounts and those who have no chance against them.

-KJ


what he said
Image

User avatar
~Zeus~
Forum Addict
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:45 am
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey
Location: Liverpool

Re: Alliance war system

Post by ~Zeus~ » Sat May 28, 2011 8:25 pm

i like the idea, as current wars, are well. pointless! you cant do enough damage to someones account, to make it unworth causing wars.

to which we end up with massive wars that go on for years, until people just stop being active and give up only through boredom instead of because they cant keep up.
Image
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.

borg
Forum Irregular
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:16 pm

Re: Alliance war system

Post by borg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 am

What about a system that basically puts two alliances against each other for say 10 days during which time they can only attack each other and are imune from attacks for people outside the war. That way the ME count is a true reflection of casualties/effort.

User avatar
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Posts: 4042
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:42 pm
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Sarevok » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 pm

borg wrote:What about a system that basically puts two alliances against each other for say 10 days during which time they can only attack each other and are imune from attacks for people outside the war. That way the ME count is a true reflection of casualties/effort.
Because friendly alliances will do it as a way of alliance wide PPT.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=162732
Suggestions, Comments please :)
R8 wrote:TEAM WORK WILL BEAT $$ ANYDAY OF THE WEEK
angel wrote:Except the payday [-X
12agnar0k wrote:Also it's still not a war game, you have att/def weps yes, but you also have uu and UP, does this mean its a sex game, oh no, XRATEDSGW, THIS GAME IS PORN!
Ban Admin | +
<+CABAL> so adminHere, ever thought about playing SGW? :b
<~adminHere> cabal - i do :)
<+CABAL> :o
<+Sarevok> Cabal, look up Jtest ;)
<~adminHere> no -not jtest
<~adminHere> another :) i am a multi ;)
<+Sarevok> :O
* +CABAL screens
<+CABAL> :b
* +Sarevok Ban's Admin

User avatar
Sadow
Forum Irregular
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:09 pm
Alliance: ~LeafVillage~
Race: Shinigami
ID: 109002
Location: yukigakure

Re: Alliance war system

Post by Sadow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:17 pm

borg wrote:What about a system that basically puts two alliances against each other for say 10 days during which time they can only attack each other and are imune from attacks for people outside the war. That way the ME count is a true reflection of casualties/effort.


Xenon, like Sarevok said, it would be easily exploited. However, maybe only after 2,000 attacks have been made, can an alliance "drag" another into this dimension.

to clarify, not 2,000 attack turns, but 2,000 actual attacks on such alliance.
Image
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback

Post Reply

Return to “Game Suggestions”