Alliance war system

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Casshern
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Alliance war system

again problem with most of the suggests here is that whoever attacks first has huge advantage and will be able to stop the other alliance from attacking back. just for example if alliance a hit alliance b and took out all their defenses and then with either attack switching to def and being destroyed or if alliance b have to have a certain def to maintain strike then by continually keeping alliance b def down alliance a can stop them from massing back at all.
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan
ID: 1922320

Personally I think any ideas that tie strike and def. together are bad ideas atleast so far. I would rather see an option to kill miners if war is declared by alliances or people. If a def. of ???? is not maintained miners become kill able. Would stop a lot of frivolous wars and make people more cautious about who they start with. One of the biggest reasons wars cannot be one is the large amount of miners stashed safely away. If your lands have no protection however in war your civilians pay a hefty price. I do realize though it could be biased against smaller players Im not overlooking that but I would prefer it over having to have so much def for your strike. That's just condemning many players and in the end the game to death.
Dizzy
Fledgling Forumer

i know this is somewhat late in the discussion - but here are my thoughts on a war system

When instituting a war system for the first time, you need to look at games where a system of war has been implemented and worked fine. I used to play Utopia once upon a time, and the war system worked very well from what I remember. What I'm suggesting here is a variation on what is currently used there.

Have a three-tiered system of declaring war:

Declare Hostilities:

this lasts for 24 hours, during this time no attacks can be exchanged between the two alliances, thus allowing all parties to prepare themselves for the upcoming hostilities. The declaration of hostilities can be withdrawn at any time by the aggressive party. No other bonus or penalties. No new PPTs can be used during this time.

*EDIT* (just realised i left something out)

Alliances cannot declare hostilities on another alliance with less than half of their numbers or half of their total power. This is to prevent large alliances abusing the system to declare on smaller ones.

An alliance can have hostile relations with no more than three alliances at any one time. At the moment hostilities are declared, no members can join an alliance, but they are able to leave - though they are unable to rejoin at a later date.
*finish edit*

Hostilities Begin

At this stage, attacks begin and there are bonuses for attacking in war, and penalties for attacking outside. At this point any restrictions on attacks (in particular raiding) are removed. Nox has no effect. No new PPT's can be used during this time.

Aggressive Alliance:
+10% strike and anticovert ability
-10% unit production (due to account going into war mode)
-40% gains when hitting an alliance outside of hostilities (focus should be on the enemy)
Outside alliances attacking people in hostile relations get +10% losses and -10% gains.
Defending Alliance:
+10% defence
-10% unit production (due to account going into war mode)
-20% gains when hitting an alliance outside of hostilities (focus should be on the enemy)
Outside alliances attacking people in hostile relations get +15% losses and -15% gains.

There is no minimum time frame for this stage, each side needs to make a total of 300 AT's worth of attacks from each player from the smallest alliance (not everyone has to attack, say alliance A has 15 and Alliance B has 10 players - that means each side has to use 3k AT's for war to be declared). The maximum time frame for this to occur is 3 earth days.

If after 3 days one side does not make the required attacks, that side is deemed to have surrendered before the war starts (receiving a penalty of -20% UP and income for 2 days). Hostilities cannot be declared between these two alliances for a minimum of 14 days after the surrender. *edit*No bonuses for the 'winning' side. If neither side reaches the required number of attacks, then it shall be deemed a 'fake war' with both sides losing 20% UP and income for 4 days.*finish edit*

As soon as the minimum number of attacks have been made from both sides, War is declared.

War - minimum of 2 earth days

Bonuses:
-15% unit losses from all attacks offensive attacks (encourages attacking)
People attacking from outside the war have +50% losses, and -30% gains
Gain 2 days MPDSD each day you are at war

Penalties:
-15% UP
-15% income
Only 1 PPT allowed per week.
-30% gains and +15% losses for attacking outside of the war

Ending a war:

A war meter monitors the progress of the war, with a bar indicating the winning/losing team at any point. The war meter will also provide a points score to help indicate the closeness (or one-sidedness) of the contest.

Calculations:
Every turn the total power of the alliance is calculated and divided by 10 tril. Hence, the side maintaining the most power over the course of the war will be deemed to be winning at that point. (this encourages people to build a defense and covert so that it contributes to the war effort, and of course fun of war)

Naq and UU stolen/kidnapped are not counted, because they will, in the end contribute to the overall power of an alliance, so the alliance doing more massing, turn farming and raiding *should* have more resources to build their overall power with (not always the case, I know).

Surrender: Admission of defeat (available after 2 days). Losing alliance has -20% UP and income (2 days). Winning alliance gains +20% UP and income (for the next 4 days). No attacks between alliances for 24 hours. War cannot be declared between these alliances for 2 weeks. Losing and Winning alliances cannot be declared war on for another week (by a third alliance, to prevent abuse). Both alliances can declare hostilities on different alliances if they wish.

Withdraw: Not an admission of defeat, simply withdrawing from the battlefield (available after 2 days). Withdrawing alliance -10% UP and income, and hostilities can be redeclared on this alliance after 48 hours.

Stalemate: Both sides agree that there can be no winner (minimum 7 days). Peace is declared, no attacks between alliances for 2 days. Cannot redeclare on each other for 2 week. No bonuses/penalties.

Forced Victory: Can only be used after 5 days of war. If one side has 5x the amount of war points that the other, a victory can be claimed. Prevents long, drawn out wars against alliances who have virtually 0 stats. Forced victory results in +30% UP and income (for the next 4 days) for the winning alliance and -20% UP and income (2 days) for the losing alliance.

On a side note, there should also be a record kept of wins/losses as well.

thats my suggestion, as i said before it is a little late in the piece, but it is based on a war system that is in place, and has been in place for years (in another game). The winner/loser is calculated simply, and hopefully with the war penalties it will stop abuse.
Last edited by Dizzy on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Aside from cranking up the time scale on that idea, it sounds good. :)
Except the incredible amount of MPDSD's you'd get for a full month of war. ;)

I think you and Geisha got something good going here. Wonder what will come of it.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Alliance A declares War on alliance B , No hits are allowed between each other till alliance B accepts it ( if an alliance mass a player it goes to war )
Points : to get them it will all depend on different things.
Percent of total power lost by an alliance. Example if alliance A total power is 5 trillion and after the war it is 3 trillions it means they lost 2 trillions ( 40% )
Alliance B is at the end just 1 trillion ( 33% ) they lost as u can see a lot more. Alliance A won 67 points and alliance B 60 points.

A sum of total defenders : if alliance A had in the sum of all the members 50 million super defenders and lost them all damage is 100% ( if they train more then obviusly most be added and check what they have left at the end) Then alliance B won 100% ( the percent of supers killed )
Weapons destroyed takes the same system.
Motherships gets the same but...in the war once a mothership is destroyed it CANNOT BE REBUILD. Once an alliance lost all their motherships the other one cant use theirs in battle. ( to be more fair with the other) In this case u can also sum all the slots inside the motherships and give points the percentage u damaged to the others!
And here comes the fun!
In wars there is plenty time when u just cant do much but farm, so NO PPT unless u have defense ( ha ha ha ha ha... this will piss a lot of u but yes its really fun ) this means u gonna be forced to build some def ( minimun 35% of your attack ) before u go into ppt!
And the last part, Farming. When the war comes units cannot be trained as miners, so all you get while u are in war u are forced to sell or to train as army. This mostly for what comes now, this way your income per day will be the same from the begining to the end of the war.
Player A from alliance A income is 300b at day, the war lasts 28 days ( 4 weeks since original idea of geisha) his income is 8.4 trillions! if he lost 2.520 trillions ( 30% ) it means the other alliance made damage for 30% and gets 30 points for this!.... but i used this as an example, as this will be the same income for all in the war , so the incomes per day can be added and have a total per alliance and check what percentage the took from the other !
................................Alliance A.......................Alliance B gets
Defenders lost........35m of 50m 70%..................70 points
Spies-counter .......75m of 100m 75% ..................75 points
Weapons.............. 200m of 250m 80%..................80 points
Naq lost.................8 trill of 10 trill 80%...............80 points
Planets lost...........300 of 400 planets 75%.............75 points

Total alliance power might not be added as u can get into ppt and build up before accepting peace, it could be used as a bug.

What ever u can lose in a war can be added in this list.
At the end wons the Alliance with more points , the summ goes for both ( i used just one alliance losses cause im too lazy )
U also can aply other ideas i ve seen in this post but i think this system is way easier to implement and to understand!
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

i didnt finished readin the posts ( too long but ill do it soon but i think rewards most be given )
A good reward will be that loser alliance most pay all that the other alliance lost.... the hundred millions of units of trillions naq they got hit for or the turns used into this war...... or a reward by the game.... like 10% boost for a month.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Notice to all: I have not checked and rechecked the following on exploits. Find any, just post to amend, don't go yelling at me for proposing something exploitable. It's pointless.

You could have as a reward, that all units killed in war on both sides are awarded to the winner of the war. :)
That way, the total unit balance is preserved (no MORE units are given than were ever killed), the winner has had a trophy for their victory and the losing side has some serious rebuilding to do. ;)
That's just a little thing to include in the brainstorming, perhaps?
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan
ID: 1922320

Not a fan of rewards other than maybe a tag or small % if you go any further than that the system runs a risk of being abused.
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

TacticalCommander wrote:but unfortunately, people will simply bypass that defense one where on the last remaining days of the war, PPT as much as they can 4 -8 days depending on what day war was declared, and build a massive defense to make it look like they won the war.
TC

Maybe PPT's should be disabled when an alliance is at war? While two alliances are at war, no one can leave or be dismissed>?
Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???

you realize putting all these rules into alliance wars will just mean instead of an alliance formally declaring war they will dog shot the other alliance and it will just be worse then it is now, if you wanna change it make it so people will still want to do it, no one will go to an alliance war if they can have all there miners massed and stuff like that, its a terrible idea alliance wars are fine as is they don't need reward systems all it is doing is showing who doing the most damage, maybe more in depth information on whats happening but you don't need more then that
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

a suggestion for this alliance wars
the initiator to put on game resource some amount of turns some uu based on their size or maybe of defender alliance size
and the winner take something losser same and a part remain in lost in game
IF YOU WANT WAR pay
something like this :-)
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

what about this... to quit the alliance in the middle of the war u have to pay 7 days of your income.
Losers pays 20 days of their income to the winners
Defense-Forcefield
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Gladiators
Race: Ancient
ID: 44462

i'm maybe out of subject, but the looser isnt the one who surrender and ask for pity ? :D
insaneone
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1906068

i like the idea Dizzy put forward though i havent read it all yet

What i would like to see is a new realm/phase added. alliences who are at war shoud be placed in that realm/phase till the war is over. in this realm/phase they can only get resources from eachother. they would be phased out from the rest of the community but not to eachother.

the problem with most of these ideas, is getting alliences to actually click that declare war button to gain all these points etc.
ID: 1906068
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

insaneone wrote:i like the idea Dizzy put forward though i havent read it all yet

What i would like to see is a new realm/phase added. alliences who are at war shoud be placed in that realm/phase till the war is over. in this realm/phase they can only get resources from eachother. they would be phased out from the rest of the community but not to eachother.

the problem with most of these ideas, is getting alliences to actually click that declare war button to gain all these points etc.

So 2 friendly alliances can abuse this and remain completely attack free for as long as they wish?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Game Suggestions”