Alliance war system

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
ThakalluS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord / ORI
ID: 0

Re: Alliance war system

Oceanus wrote:
Thakallus wrote:
Oceanus wrote:Its meant to be a big war game. So would be fitting.

And you have freedom you can either accept the ruling or not but it has penalties

Penalties like we'll sit on you forever if you disobey the council,eh?
Still no from me :P

Well as it stands a alliance just has not to build anything for you to destroy and take no losses but build a strike and mass your alliances defenses and refuse to accept that they lost which makes this game completely worthless if there are no standards for when people have lost so a something like a Council is needed to establish what is victory and what classifies defeat.

That's why for using strike to should have a certain amount of defence ...

but not that some mighty council will tell you it's enought ... it can be easily abused by the biggest alliances ingame.

"We have made a desert and called it peace"
- Scipio Africanus
Am Heh
Forum Expert
ID: 1920361

Well no you are limiting peoples freedom in playing the play styles they want by making them have a certain defense for a strike. Now who is limiting the freedom of playing the game :P
I give peace for traders
Am Heh
Forum Expert

Instead of making it so you need x amount of defense for x amount strike they could just be added to each other or have the same type of action like Mothership combat.
I give peace for traders
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Remove all rank mods, raiding mod especially.
Once trained always trained (except miners)
once armed always armed (No weapon sales)
once def dies, the att soilders move to def and continue fighting.

Solves all problems.

This keeps people from training massive amounts of spies just to do a prewar spy. It also stops people training a buch of ACs and untraining them. Basicly, if you wanna kill someone, you got to be willing to be killed yourself. As it stands now the att has no risk as they simply untrain and sale off.

I would even contend that once ATT move to a def position that the att force starts seeing excellerated loses do to encountering a force "more willing to die". If your going to try to kill ever single person you can you should be willing to accept the higher losses.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Am Heh
Forum Expert

Lore wrote:Remove all rank mods, raiding mod especially.

Solves all problems.

This keeps people from training massive amounts of spies just to do a prewar spy. It also stops people training a buch of ACs and untraining them. Basicly, if you wanna kill someone, you got to be willing to be killed yourself. As it stands now the att has no risk as they simply untrain and sale off.

I would even contend that once ATT move to a def position that the att force starts seeing excellerated loses do to encountering a force "more willing to die". If your going to try to kill ever single person you can you should be willing to accept the higher losses.

When the strike troops switch to defenders do they use strike weapons or defense weapons? Also I believe what people would would just switch from have defense's to strikes. Meaning a larger strike then defense since the opposing side will lose more if they mass the person with a large strike since once the def is gone the attack guys will cause more kills to the person attacking.
I give peace for traders
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Darling Pink Kitty wrote:
When the strike troops switch to defenders do they use strike weapons or defense weapons? Also I believe what people would would just switch from have defense's to strikes. Meaning a larger strike then defense since the opposing side will lose more if they mass the person with a large strike since once the def is gone the attack guys will cause more kills to the person attacking.

make the first hit from a new att be a 0 def hit since the ATT force is not inplace. So if you have no Defense you can be naq farmed for free. The second hit from any person in the same turn is what starts the Attackers shift to def. Maybe 5 hits instead of one. Maybe 20 hits, but find a number and go with it.

Thats all a defense is for anyway, to detour farmers right?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
madcat
Forum Intermediate

love it Lore

thats the best one so far i think

the galactic council thing ....... BAAAAAAAAD idea lol, it'd just be one big popularity contest

NO LONGER A TDL MEMBER - but i still like the sig :)

Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

What about when a players defence has been taken to zero and as suggested already above tied to there strike rate. I.e if they have 100 bil strike, then they must build a 50 bil defence.
If they do not do this within a given time, they are phased out of the war. They do not have the ability to send/receive resource to there alliance colleagues but can still send/receive resource from outside the alliance.

As well as this, only one/two players (designated by the alliance leader)can use resource trades outside the alliance and is vetted by the system using there ids:

So, all the rest of the players in the alliance cannot receive external resource, other then those in the alliance who have been designated. These then will supply the naq/UU/Ats etc to the alliance

These players then become crucial to try to protect, but no one will know who they are in the opposing alliance unless they start buying large amounts of atts in the market place :D .

Those who need to leave the war for special reasons/rl issues can do so, but cannot return.

Just some thoughts to add to some very good ideas above

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Laar
Forum Grunt

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:What about when a players defence has been taken to zero and as suggested already above tied to there strike rate. I.e if they have 100 bil strike, then they must build a 50 bil defence
If they do not do this within a given time, they are phased out of the war. They do not have the ability to send/receive resource to there alliance colleagues but can still send/receive resource from outside the alliance.........

one very big disadvantage of this is, that if you hit someone directly after (or even before), and zero out his def, then he would almost be auto phased
somewhere on the forum
~qwerty wrote:Multy is written multi you n00b :D
ROFL
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

people will abuse that idea, alliance mates will phase out their friends. Those phased will trade with friends outside the alliance and supply them with goods from outside sources.
Reason, youll get dead.
Easy^
Forum Elite

geisha wrote:An alliance war lasts 4 weeks, during that period, nobody can join or leave the involved alliances and the alliances can not disband either.

After the 4 weeks, the victorious alliance is determined based on total damage done and on the total defence power remaining. The score system needs to be well conceived to make sure it is fair and can not be exploited. Since not all alliances have the same amount of resources to destroy, it would be unfair to base it only on total damage done. This is why I think it should also count in the defence an alliance is maintaining during the war. This makes sense because not removing the defences is clearly a failure of the other alliance.

When the winner has been declared, the two alliances are set to peace for a period of 2 weeks in which they can not attack each other. During that period nobody can leave or join the involved alliances either.

During the 4 weeks period of war the alliance leaders can end the war early if they wish, all it takes is one alliance leader to click the surrender button and the other alliance leader to accept it. If they do that they skup right to the 2 weeks peace phase.

first i think if a player wants to leave he should be allowed to ( infact morally wars are win by making ppl leave )

And About that defence and strike....
Well if there is nothing to hit you wont hit, but if some1 maintains a def, it means the opponent will have loads more damage done because he will have something to hit, meanwhile if some1 sists around with 0 def you cant do much dmg to him can you?
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
noxOn`
Forum Irregular
Alliance: I
Race: quit SGW
ID: 4913

geisha wrote:So here is my suggestion:

Alliance wars are automatically triggered based on an alliance attacks on another alliance.

I like the rest, but this, no. :P
SGC...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lord Raf
Forum Regular
Alliance: DSL
Race: Baboon
ID: 1907406

Solves all problems.

I think you would have to have it that only kicks in once someone is a living God +1 as selling weapons is needed for ascention ( and dont say well they should do it another way as we all relied on the selling of weapons for naq when we were ascending )

:)
There are many System lords and Gods but only one of them is a baboon :)
Jan wrote:[SF] Jan says:
btw just wanna say rafigi was my hero when i was little and lionking came out lol so u can call yourself a god in my name
[SF] Jan says:
u have fallowers and worshipers ... by definition u r a god!!!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Lord Raf wrote:

Solves all problems.

I think you would have to have it that only kicks in once someone is a living God +1 as selling weapons is needed for ascention ( and dont say well they should do it another way as we all relied on the selling of weapons for naq when we were ascending )

:)

I'd rather see the APP given for having weapons be doubled or tripled
Reason, youll get dead.
hfown
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren
Race: season 10+ tauri
ID: 1970200

maybe make it so when a war is declared both alliances get a GR stat that starts at 0 and whoever has the most GR after a week wins lol

Return to “Game Suggestions”