keeping covert threw ascensions

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
~matty~
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~none~
Race: ancient
ID: 1971462

keeping covert threw ascensions

okay so all the big doller rollers out there, bought there way up to 38. some might be, what 39 now? what about the people that dont spend cash?..

is it possible to get covert levls that high without spending money? with out it taking 2/3 months? my answers no, unless you farm every turn, for weeks on end... hell it sucks, to buy up to levl 32, inbetween ascensions because people can use that naq else were..(i.e UP limit for next ascension..)

COVERT POWER has been DEGRADED IN POWER something needs to be done!

my 2 sence
matty~
edited

you could instead reduce the amount of covert levels lost on ascension, Say at lower lvls (0-10) you only loose 1 of your covert levels when you ascend. 10-20 you loose 2 levels and 20-23 you loose 3.

This keeps higher ascensions as expensive as ever but helps lower ascended players stay in the game at least somewhat....

So if your Lg and want to get to LG+1, if your Covert level is 31 it will only be reduced to 30. but if your unnamed trying to get to unknown and your covert is 38, it goes down to 35.
-props to jim 4 the idea =D> -
Last edited by ~matty~ on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dont fight a retard..they'lll drag you down and beat you with experience
some people say im insane..i say my sanity just took a break!
MEZZANINE wrote: I would also have to agree that Matty is man of the match, just for the size of his steel balls :lol:
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Re: cheaper covert levls

since coverts already been DEGRADED in

Should that be UPGRADED?
Nonetheless i agree in that sense, either that needs to change or sabbing decreased or massing made easier (specifically smaller defences should be massable faster with less losses)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Or... Dynamic pricing. Similar to Quantum, where the highest stat would cost the most so the moneyspenders who are pumping huge amounts into the game pay face value, and the people catching up, pay a certain amount less per level on an increasing scale.

It would make the impossible task of catching up a bit more easy.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
~matty~
Forum Intermediate

SuperSaiyan wrote:No, leave it as is please.

Cheapening them will do nothing, you make them cheaper the same people will just be able to buy more accomplishing nothing.

Leave it as is, imo.

not if he only decreases the value of 37 on down :-D

and seriously..something needs to be done to the covert its ridiculous!
MEZZANINE wrote: I would also have to agree that Matty is man of the match, just for the size of his steel balls :lol:
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Another one of those "make xyz easier/cheaper because I have failed" threads *rolls eyes*

Covert is fine as it is - it takes dedication and team work for achievieing higher covert levels and getting them is a challange. Just because you and your team are not up to that challenge, does not mean the rules have to be changed.

The n^2 progression works actually fine imo :)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

I agree with Deni..I would love everything to be cheaper,,but it does give us in DDE a REAL sense of accomplishment due to the amount of dedication it takes to achieve the goals we have in regards to these covert levels. Making tweaks in the game here and there again sure..but no cost adjusting.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Dont fix/change, what is not broken.

I could understand making it cheaper if the game reset every 6 months or so, but it never resets, therefore its a long term investment thus should remain as it is,

And no i didnt buy mine, i farm/traded my way for my covert levels.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

i think that as nice as it would be to have cheaper covert lvls, its going to be a nice feeling when i hit the button to buy lvl 37, or 38 or further
no, i dont buy naq with $$, i farm and raid all mine too
ive currently got the highest covert lvl ive ever had, and thats 30 (yes im still ascending 8) )

pretty much, dont change it
yes, im going to be behind a lot of people, i started a lot later, and i still have a long way to catch up. ill probably never be able to compete with serious $$ spenders, but then, do i want to?
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

~matty~ wrote:okay so all the big doller rollers out there, bought there way up to 38. some might be, what 39 now? what about the people that dont spend cash?..

is it possible to get covert levls that high without spending money? with out it taking 2/3 months? my answers no, unless you farm every turn, for weeks on end... hell it sucks, to buy up to levl 32, inbetween ascensions because people can use that naq else were..(i.e UP limit for next ascension..)

i think the covert levls from 37 on down need a major DEGRADE in cost... since coverts already been DEGRADED in POWER......

my 2 sence
matty~

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

What's wrong with it taking 2-3 months to get the bigger covert lvls? What's wrong with having to make a long-term investment in your account? What's wrong with having something to aim at? What's wrong with having to work to achieve something in this game?

Why do people always want to make the game easier? Its pretty darn easy already.... :smt064
kojak
The Voice of Reason
Alliance: The Dark Dominuim
Race: Scottish
ID: 88279
Alternate name(s): Brucey

I agree, why should the people that have worked hard or indeed spent $$ just be happy that Jason would lower these... if he did he would have to do them all, and therefor the same situation will happen the $$ spenders and dedicated players will have covert lvl 50ish and u guys will all be moaning to make me cheaper again.

Really a pointless argument if you ask me.
~matty~
Forum Intermediate

shrugs-

whatever, this can be closed.
and the answer is simple 2 all u people wondering why no knew players are coming into the game....real simple.... it takes 2 long to grow an account. :roll:
expessially to people that no nothing about the game when they come into it.

covert used 2 be more powerfull then it is today, i was just trying to get the prices even with the power so put that in your minds. ok?

matty~
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

this is kinda similar to AGAs topic:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=177889

and I still agree, I never played Quantum but the idea of a dynamic pricing sounds good. Not too extreme but to give people who join now a chance to get to the level of the current top accounts within less then 2 years without spending any cash.

Or at least do it for unascended accounts so these have a small advantage and can get ready for ascenions quicker.

- Reschef
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

actually this idea has tons of merit, one thing I see a lot of people leave for is the fact it takes more effort then what it is worth to catch up in power, essentially starting fresh you will never catch the old accounts that are active, its just not possible. This suggestion does not remove collaboration and dedication, it only makes RAW stats more manageable for newer folks to catch up. It also would create more balanced accounts and make wars/vendettas more of a challenge all around instead of one sided for specific entities, who have a collection of strong accounts far beyond reach of new players. You're not providing criticism your objecting to an idea that would generate accounts capable of challenging your strength.
~matty~
Forum Intermediate

Iƒrit wrote:actually this idea has tons of merit, one thing I see a lot of people leave for is the fact it takes more effort then what it is worth to catch up in power, essentially starting fresh you will never catch the old accounts that are active, its just not possible. This suggestion does not remove collaboration and dedication, it only makes RAW stats more manageable for newer folks to catch up. It also would create more balanced accounts and make wars/vendettas more of a challenge all around instead of one sided for specific entities, who have a collection of strong accounts far beyond reach of new players. You're not providing criticism your objecting to an idea that would generate accounts capable of challenging your strength.

=D>
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

TBH I think the problem is the switch from massing to sabbing not the covert levels themselves. Players could have bought massive coverts in the past but they werent worth the investment.

Massing has pretty much been killed off, it costs to many ATs, takes to long, people phase before you can kill 1/2 their supers or AC any significant % of spies, and alliance repairs/PPT mean you can build a huge strike or put together a great massing team only for one person to click one button and stop you.

$$ spenders are in almost every online game, they will always try to buy victories. If they want to fool themselves into thinking they won something which they actually paid for, thats their delusion and problem.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254