The Great Purgatory Debate

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Arkenius
Forum Expert
Alliance: Ωmegan Empire
Race: The Honey Badger
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): The Nutcracker

Re: The Great Purgatory Debate

@Sylus

You could come with positive solutions as well, instead of spitting poison in every single post you make. (just saying)
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

Sylus wrote:7. Bring something new to the table, or stop reiterating.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

im of two minds of a sugested change to the auto boot

my main problem is i belive sylus's reasons for wanting it are purley personal alliance diplomasy situation and would infact not realy enhance the game play

imo in we must fix this imo unbroken system shurley the simplest fix would be to allow plannet retakes from perg for the 12 hours the same as in main

i must admit i have vested intrest in sylus idear not happerning seeing as i use the feature he wants changed but i think im right to think i lose turns when i get booted to normal

well thats my two cents
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Arkenius
Forum Expert

yea, I think you lose like 720 AT or so when you move out of perg. But you can compensate that with market turns
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

Yeah I'm going to bump this purgatory delay again; so I'll ignore the massing aspect of the previous drama (where people honestly believe that being able to mass then change realms is in the spirit of the game...)

But in terms of this:
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=197428

The ability to snipe planets and change realm, bypassing both the in game rule of an existing delay as well as essentially removing the restrictions on hiding newly taken planets, is obviously an abuse. And this loophole needs to be closed.

Again if people insist that it is not an abuse (how or why I don't know), I would consider it only fair to remove the norm to purgatory realm delay. If this was done, I will hold the arguments that you can just chase aggressors as actually being valid (but with a delay only on one side, it is a broken scheme)
Jorgensen
Forum Regular
Alliance: DDE
Race: Draeden / Love Demon

Hey guys... Long time no see..

I love that you still rule Perg with an iron fist.

I have read this very long long long long thread and i of course agree with Sylus and Wasmguy..

Perg is a whole other way of playing the game.
Those who have played pergatory realm for so long knows what it needs.
Listen to them, and make the best out of it.

Well.. Only thing left to say is Maelstrom rules for ever! May Pergatory forever bow before us....

Spoiler
With 16,324,769,805,579 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1937494 of underdog's Covert Agents!
Spoiler
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 5993156 5722/5750 sabbed in one go
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

just give purg a power cap the end all problems solved
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Jorgensen wrote:Hey guys... Long time no see..

I have read this very long long long long thread and i of course agree with Sylus and Wasmguy..

Well.. Only thing left to say is Maelstrom rules for ever! May Pergatory forever bow before us....

Rules what? Does what? Yes Im sure they are doing quite well, sitting there happy that no one can touch them after spending $1,000s of dollars.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Tetrismonkey wrote:

Rules what? Does what? Yes Im sure they are doing quite well, sitting there happy that no one can touch them after spending $1,000s of dollars.
You have no right to tell someone how they can and cant play dude, If they want to spend cash and kick back in purg then so be it. Let them be, If they are in purg its because they want to play the game at a different pace.

^_^
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Arkenius
Forum Expert

~Odin~ #37 wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:

You have no right to tell someone how they can and cant play dude, If they want to spend cash and kick back in purg then so be it. Let them be, If they are in purg its because they want to play the game at a different pace.

^_^
the "turtle pace" :smt106
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

~Odin~ #37 wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:

^_^

Oh I can when they are proposing ways to boost there defenses further, but allowing them to pry on other that go into perg. They want less restrictions on perg, but refuse to leave perg and play in main. As I stated so many times, perg was designed as a place to allow new or slower paced players the ability to continue to play the game, with far more protection, but at a significantly slower pace.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Pace is a non-issue. Resources are so abundant in Pergatory that neither Hell nor high water can slow it down. :P
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

That is true and only strengthens my point. If perg has lost its point, usefulness, and the players there beg to change it so its more like main but benefits only them, why not remove the feature? It will.open up far more farms and raiding to the vast majority of the game. IMO. My suggestion brings far more pros Ethan's cons and benefits the majority of the player base, instead a smaller minority who think they are entitled to special treatment.
Arkenius
Forum Expert

I fully agree with Tetris. That hole is already heaven for them... they dont deserve anything new. In fact, some things needs to be removed so it makes it harder for them.
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

moses of romania wrote:just give purg a power cap the end all problems solved
also lvl caps :-D
Spoiler

Return to “Game Suggestions”