The Great Purgatory Debate

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: The Great Purgatory Debate

Western Warrior was my old account and last year when I sold the account it wasn't even top 10 fleets. ;)
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Arkenius
Forum Expert
Alliance: Ωmegan Empire
Race: The Honey Badger
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): The Nutcracker

Ok then if a planet is taken and the attacker runs to main, what stops the victim not to follow and retake that planet? :P Nobody is keeping him/her in perg... Move your sorry ass and take back your planet if you want it so much. :) Same goes for massing. I mass you, I run in normal, then you come after me in normal and kick my ass. Then you sit in normal for 48hrs and look pretty. After that you move back to perg.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Arkenius wrote:Ok then if a planet is taken and the attacker runs to main, what stops the victim not to follow and retake that planet? :P Nobody is keeping him/her in perg...
Really? Active players are kept in Pergatory, unless they decide to waste a **Filtered**-ton of ATs and time on raiding themselves out. For anyone who farms more than daily it is impossible to just follow anyone to Normal. :)
Arkenius
Forum Expert

If you really want payback... you will follow in normal. The same way that person did. If your planet is that important then you WILL go after that bastard and take back what is yours.

Because lets face it. All this is about payback. That's the reason this update is about. To stop ppl who mass you from running away before you have a chance at them.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Arkenius wrote:If you really want payback... you will follow in normal. The same way that person did.

Because lets face it. All this is about payback. That's the reason this update is about. To stop ppl who mass you from running away.
Is it? Or is it about giving the same kind of protection to Pergatory as we give to Normal? *grin*

In Normal, you can click the 'take back planet' button and get it back (provided you have the fleets and your opponent did not feel like doing that). In Pergatory, someone can take your planet and you can do nothing in return.

Basically, we could fix this issue by allowing the 'Take back planet' button to work across 'dimensions'. ;)
Arkenius
Forum Expert

see... now that is an interesting idea. But the 48hrs crap is just stupid :P

And dont start about protection for perg... they have so many... it's almost imposible to actually enjoy a good fight

And maybe (just saying) pergatory doesnt have that 'Take back planet' button, simply because pergatory was designed as a training zone. So if you sit in perg with couple of nice duals, fully ascended and some kick ass stats... I think you may consider yourself way out of your training time, dont you think? :smt017
Glownut
Forum Grunt
Alliance: MAELSTROM
Race: Love Demon

What's the actual difference between the two at this point. I mean if someone takes a planet and runs to normal then taking the planet back would be easy with the "cross-dimension" option(provided you have the necessary fleet power to take a newly built def, if any). But on the other hand the 48 hours simply wouldn't let the planet stealer go to norm and thus the planet would again be retakable(like when someone would want to run to perg from normal but can't due to the 48h cooldown). I just don't see the point of adding a different solution when the existing one could be used here. This is simply speaking related to stealing planets.

For massing, well if you wanted to do a quick mass and run then it wouldn't have much influence damage wise since there is the 60AT limit. If you truly wanted to mass someone you would have to give them a chance to attack back so that you could hit them more in which case you wouldn't be leaving right away anyway. With a 48 hour limit neither of the participants(masser or massee) are able to leave thus making the game more interesting, intense and fair. Or you could just take a small beating that doesn't really amount to much and leave in 48 hours if you're not interested in the war.

And it has been stated many times before, perg is not a training area, but a place for a different style of play.
Forum wrote:Perg is not for beginners (although can be used as such) but is simply a different style of play.
Spoiler
Arkenius
Forum Expert

Glownut wrote: But on the other hand the 48 hours simply wouldn't let the planet stealer go to norm and thus the planet would again be retakable

Then the attacker will simply pop a ppt. In 12 hours that planet will be merlined. You will never see it again. :smt115
Glownut
Forum Grunt

Then by all means remove ppt in perg, like it used to be.

***EDIT

What the person below said.
Last edited by Glownut on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Arkenius wrote:
Glownut wrote: But on the other hand the 48 hours simply wouldn't let the planet stealer go to norm and thus the planet would again be retakable

Then the attacker will simply pop a ppt. In 12 hours that planet will be merlined. You will never see it again. :smt115

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure planets aren't protected by PPT for 12 hours after you take it.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Arkenius
Forum Expert

ANG (27) wrote:
Arkenius wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure planets aren't protected by PPT for 12 hours after you take it.

wasnt that just for normal? If not then I apologize :P
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

If within the 'retake-time', the planet can be taken regardless of PPT or not. Only thing that stops that is 'dimensional travel'. :)

Glownut wrote:Then by all means remove ppt in perg, like it used to be.
*supports idea*
Arkenius
Forum Expert

alright. fair point. I thought that is just for normal. heh :D My bad

Ok that sends us back to my previous point, which is: If its regardless of ppt then no need for dimensional button like you sugested. Move the hell to normal and take back your planet, pop a PPT and voila. end of story

Making a button like that will make ppl lazy... Isnt this a competitive game? What will happen to it if everything is served on a golden plate, all you have to do is grab it?

I want a pink unicorn too but damn... ](*,)
Glownut
Forum Grunt

Glownut wrote:.....But on the other hand the 48 hours simply wouldn't let the planet stealer go to norm and thus the planet would again be retakable(like when someone would want to run to perg from normal but can't due to the 48h cooldown).....

About the button, if you can't hide a planet for 12h after conquering it because it hasn't reached you yet, then how can you take it along into another realm with you? This is illogical and so would taking it back from another realm be. Just throwing an idea here, but in this case maybe it would be acceptable to add such a feature as a planet staying behind, wondering in space if a premature shift between realms were attempted(raiding out). And the person who it was taken from would have a rather high chance of finding it with a MS planet search.
But still, a simple 48 hour cooldown would be the easiest solution. No idea why this must be so heavily explained.
Spoiler
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1915552

Ugh.

The fixation on planets as the sole factor for considering a delay is ultimately irrelevant. A planet is a resource same as any other; if anyone truly believes a double standard that denies a player any right to retaliate on an aggressor, your point has been noted, countered, and dismissed. It has been done so for 2 pages.

Arkenius.

1. You post incessant bravado in a debate. You do this in every post. The absence of modding on them whilst amusing, is still boring. Stop. We get it. You're very proud of yourself. You seem particularly proud that you hit someone, then ran away. Congratulations.

2. You, like Ben and Tetris, somehow argue that a purgatory delay is "another protection". I, in all deliberate condescension, countered this falsehood in my last post. I'm not doing it again.

3. You argue that nothing prohibits anyone from simply leaving purgatory. By all means, hold this opinion. But understand that you argue for the removal of the delay between norm and purg as well. Go make a thread in the suggestion section asking for the norm to purg delay be removed. I look forward to that train wreck.

4. Your posts change radically when you're addressing someone in norm. Not an argument, just an observation. This can be interpreted as anyone wants.

5. Arguing the genesis of purgatory (ha play on words!) was already covered in my first post in this thread. As I said earlier, reading posts from someone who hasn't/wont read the whole thread is painful for everyone (if you have however read the whole thread, and made this point. Well. Not surprised)

6. You actually say "Isnt this a competitive game? What will happen to it if everything is served on a golden plate, all you have to do is grab it?". If the complete irony of this post is lost on you in the context of the discussion. Then. Well actually I know it is lost on you.

7. Bring something new to the table, or stop reiterating.

Return to “Game Suggestions”