The Great Purgatory Debate

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Re: The Great Purgatory Debate

I think you'll find it was main players asking for the time delay before entering purg to prevent hit and run tactics. Just Sayin'.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I think you'll find it was main players asking for the time delay before entering purg to prevent hit and run tactics. Just Sayin'.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Duderanch wrote:I think you'll find it was main players asking for the time delay before entering purg to prevent hit and run tactics. Just Sayin'.
Ah, but Sylus' last post is about the delay before leaving Pergatory, if I read that right?
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Juliette wrote:
Duderanch wrote:I think you'll find it was main players asking for the time delay before entering purg to prevent hit and run tactics. Just Sayin'.
Ah, but Sylus' last post is about the delay before leaving Pergatory, if I read that right?

@Duderanch: Indeed, that's true ;) Still the other entrance requirements make it quite difficult already to 'just enter' Purgatory.
@Juliette: Indeed, that was the point.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Sylus
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1915552

Tetrismonkey wrote:I lack the ability to critically think?

I never said anything of the sort in reference to you. My post is obviously a direct reply to Arkenius.

BenjaminMS wrote:ROFLMAO? OK, this gets laughable. So just because Arkenius used something that has been there since about the introduction of Purgatory, you want to close that route down since Ark invested time and resources to use that 'quick leave'-route?

No. I want the 'quick-leave' route gone because it has been systematically abused for years.

How about you look at this update

Sylus wrote:Evidence:

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=167492
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=158&t=173640

June 28, 2010 Updates wrote: [on moving from purgatory to norm] Needs 48 hours of no attacking, ppt or vacation, to LEAVE (used to be just to get there...now it is also to leave). The curtain between realms of existence requires a clean soul!

Yep. Read that. Ok. So. Already there's a 48 hour delay. It's in the game. This would be the equivalent of there being a way of killing off your army to automatically jump into purgatory from norm. Meaning someone could effectively hit anyone in norm, snipe planets, then kill off their units to quickly escape. How would that be any different? This is a two way street Ben.

Now, in light of an existing delay:
BenjaminMS wrote:It has always been there, and it's not a bug - just a feature that you either can ignore and then walk into, or if you want to do what Ark did, use.

Explain how completely bypassing the already introduced update is not a bug? If the game stipulates you must wait 48 hours to move between realms, how is it you're saying the raid exploit doesn't contradict this and therefore isn't a bug?

Then we have this.
BenjaminMS wrote:So effectively you want a realm where you don't want to be able to get hurt without retaliation and where getting in is already causing severe tactical problems? Get real kid :roll:

Can someone tell me in what universe you believe keeping someone in the realm you are in after they've attacked you means "without retaliation". Ben, "without retaliation" is exactly what you're arguing for; you are making a case for the same "hit and run" tactics that were so condemned by norm.
For some reason you're completely at peace with a double standard. In fact you're vehemently defending it... odd choice.

BenjaminMS wrote:Purgatory already has a LOT of protection - astonishingly much so to prevent 'top players' in Purg from getting effectively hit actually. Way more then Main will ever give. #-o If you want to have an own playground where noone 'evil' disturbs you and you can play an 'King of the Hill', create your own damn game. Till that time, you'll have to do with the current system - asking for more is just ludicrious.

Tetrismonkey wrote:You have yet to suggest an idea that benifits more than just the few. You want change and updates, then stop catering to a select few and look past your personal agenda. Yes I hate perhaps. I see it as some where for people to hide. You keep asking for more protection. Stop. When your ready to discuss a real update, then ill take what you have seriously.

This is so dense, especially in light of everything proposed in this thread.

Explain to me how you believe what is being proposed protects "Top Players"? Point out, with facts, using game mechanics, how what we've proposed benefits only "Top players" and not the purgatory players in general.

We've put in place an extended AT system that allows defenders greater control over war, and further if an account receives aggression against them, they're provided an opportunity to retaliate (but only if they want to).

We are now proposing someone doesn't just come along, empty turns onto you, then flee the realm. How is this only for "top players"!?
It's retarded that you're both even defending the hit and run tactic. If you're both so completely cool with it, propose to norm removing the realm shift delay to purgatory, and see what sort of responses you get from norm. Please by all means do so.

We are seeking a balanced method of opening up the restrictions that exist in Purgatory, restrictions that obviously protect accounts. How many times do we have to say this, restrictions protect accounts. We don't want this. You don't want this.

We are for more fluid gameplay, one that encourages people to hit back. Everything we've proposed does this. You two are arguing against things you actually have said you want in previous purgatory threads: the removal of monopoly accounts in purgatory. But when we propose it, you fight it. Is it solely because we're putting it forward. If a norm player came along and said what we're saying, would you have disagreed or would you all have just patted yourselves on the back for solving the problem.

I don't get you guys. To be so completely biased that you can't see what we're arguing for, and how it applies to the greater game mechanic. Do you honestly believe, that someone can play this game for +5 years seeking a way to sit in isolation!? If I wanted a single player game, I would go play one!

I am happy Tetris at least admitted he is predisposed against purgatory. Care to do the same BenjaminMS?
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

After recently visiting Purgatory for the first time.

I fully support Sylus. :smt047
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Hi guys. Let's try to keep this on topic and not wander too much.

Thanks!
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Arkenius
Forum Expert
Alliance: Ωmegan Empire
Race: The Honey Badger
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): The Nutcracker

Ok so your reason for this to be implemented is that you, as a victim, should have the oportunity to retaliate. Then let me tell you this, as an example:

If I come there, and mass you, I will simply sell everything and untrain. What kind of retaliation will ever get? :D I will wait 48 hours and move out.

So therefore... the joke's on you again. :D
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Arkenius wrote:Ok so your reason for this to be implemented is that you, as a victim, should have the oportunity to retaliate. Then let me tell you this, as an example:

If I come there, and mass you, I will simply sell everything and untrain. What kind of retaliation will ever get? :D I will wait 48 hours and move out.

So therefore... the joke's on you again. :D

how do you mass someone on 60 turns .. :S you cant even mass as it is so your point is void from the of tbh...

also the knowledge that you sold yoru weps for like 10% of their buying value would be funny :-D
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arkenius
Forum Expert

You dont get it Guild...

Sylus will give me the extra 60AT, because obviously he will simply hit me for fun when I get in perg. I will have the 120 AT to mass his ass.

Also in perg, naq isnt a problem... you can farm 80tril per day...

And I will also simply sell everything just to piss him off... :D Because he cant retaliate.

And even with lets say a 48 hours wait time... When I get bored I can simply wait and get moved to normal.
So you see? With or without this update, If I really want to put my boot on his head, I can do it, +/- 2days wait...

Therefore such update is useless.
Kikaz
For the Lulz

Arkenius wrote:You dont get it Guild...

Sylus will give me the extra 60AT, because obviously he will simply hit me for fun when I get in perg. I will have the 120 AT to mass his ass.

Also in perg, naq isnt a problem... you can farm 80tril per day...

And I will also simply sell everything just to piss him off... :D Because he cant retaliate.

And even with lets say a 48 hours wait time... When I get bored I can simply wait and get moved to normal.
So you see? With or without this update, If I really want to put my boot on his head, I can do it, +/- 2days wait...

Therefore such update is useless.

No its not pointless, someone steals a planet and flees to main, you can't take it back.

There was a 2 day wait implemented in main to prevent this.

It's only fair to have it vice versa..
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Sarevok wrote:
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I follow you anywhere
And never ever care
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Arkenius
Forum Expert

You cannot take a decent planet from perg and go to main... did u see the defences on those duals these guys have or even normal ones?... even with 8 hits per day it takes weeks... Because of the limitation of AT in perg, decent planets that obviously have defences, cannot be taken so easily... even if you are inactive for 2-3 days, on 4th day you come on and eitehr merlin it or rebuild defences. :)
Kikaz
For the Lulz

Some people have larger fleets then others. :?
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Sarevok wrote:

I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I follow you anywhere
And never ever care
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Arkenius wrote:You cannot take a decent planet from perg and go to main... did u see the defences on those duals these guys have or even normal ones?... even with 8 hits per day it takes weeks... Because of the limitation of AT in perg, decent planets that obviously have defences, cannot be taken so easily... even if you are inactive for 2-3 days, on 4th day you come on and eitehr merlin it or rebuild defences. :)
Someone with an actual fleet can take their planets just as easily as they can take planets from normal. ;)

Also, let us get something straight. There is no 'going to Main'. Both Pergatory and Normal are part of Main. Using the wrong terms is wrong. :-D

Kikaz wrote:Some people have larger fleets then others. :?
*grin* Precisely.
Arkenius
Forum Expert

well I know for a fact that its very hard and i will give you a solid example too. Last year when I was in perg, I had some 160k UP planet or whatever, it had 4tril def on it. Even western warrior if all his mighty fleet took 3 days to actualy destroy those platforms... and he was hitting for 1tril if memory serves... so even with that huge power it takes time... so its not like normal where u spam and eventualy take it. So it's not like u can hit and run. And if you have a good planet and someone is attacking it for days and eventualy steals it... then it's your damn fault. The problem we are talking here is about ppl who mass or steal planets fast and then run. If it actualy takes days, then it's a whole diferent story.

So yeah, for normal... a 48hr wait time is perfect. But for pergatory, is kinda out of place... in my opinion.
Last edited by Arkenius on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Game Suggestions”