Game mechanics supporting verified P2P trading

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Re: Game mechanics supporting verified P2P trading

I've trade money for real goods (post required type thing) through Escrow systems before, where the money is sent to a 3rd party account, once delivery has been taken of the parcel, the buyer confirms it and the funds are released to the seller. If there is any dispute, the money is held in the 3rd party Escrow until it's resolved.

If, as it's being suggested, there is way for the game to check the paypal payments are made correctly, then it could be that the ingame resources (or even the account), goes into a secure bank type thing ingame. For information the seller has to provide the cost of goods, the customer's account ID & registered email, his paypal address. The buyer also has to enter the cost (they MUST match in order for the sale to go through) and the sellers details to for checking purposes. Once all of the information is collected from both sides and the goods are safely in the "escrow style bank", the buyer makes the payment, system confirms it and releases the good to the buyer. If the information doesn't match, then the goods can be collected by the seller. As this takes place before the payment, it's all good and no-one can get scammed on either side.

That is IF, it's even possible to check the payments on personal paypal accounts, which it may/may not be.

And yes, i think this is a great idea that should have been done a long time ago. Would have improved the trading side of the game a lot. Don't mind AJ taking a small % for the trade either, doubt many will mind that.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Duderanch wrote:The problem with that is, people are greedy. If they had to pay a fee to J they wouldn't use it.

I wouldnt, not because of greed just because why should I be taxed. Its a good idea anyways.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate
Race: Visacious
ID: 0

I have never been scammed before so i don't know how it feels, im sure bad.
I would hope the current system is still possible to avoid the tax when a new system comes in since at least in my case i just stick to the same people for cash trades, even if i can get a slightly better deal with someone else or they just can do bigger trades i prefer to wait a couple of weeks so i can stick with an existing person i currently trust.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:Yes.
And of course the seller's ID is matched to account. It will do that automatically from the page to list it to sell, just pull login info from it and vac mode it until payment is received to the paypal listed. That is what should automatically happen when you go to market page and then cash seller page, you are already you when you give account to server to vac mode til sold. Seems like it could be done and be worth the programming and administrating effort. :neutral:

the only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that you could abuse it for vacationing, unless same restrictions are made for selling as for going on vacation, then it is all good.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

D3ath wrote:the only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that you could abuse it for vacationing, unless same restrictions are made for selling as for going on vacation, then it is all good.
That seems logical. ;)

Return to “Game Suggestions”