Relationship declarations

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

Relationship declarations

Why is it that when you ascend you lose all your settings?

Didnt I become more enlightened, when in fact it looks like I may have become a little stupid and forgot who I liked or didnt like.

Why do these relations have to be deleted with ascension just to have to go back and reset them.

It doesnt make sense to have to write down who I have made what setting to so that I can go and add them back after an ascension and especially with so many ascension and having to do it each and every time.
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: Relationship declarations

A sacrifice you make in exchange for the superior status, I guess? Since this happened back when ascending reset everything you had - resources, techs, even messages, so it made sense that convenient farm lists and do-not-hit lists as well.

That said, thinking back to my ascensions, I'm sure many people agree with you :) It would be an improvement, in any case.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Dearies, that is what the personal log is for. ;)
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

Juliette wrote:Dearies, that is what the personal log is for. ;)

Uh, with the amount of inactives I've set to war, it'd be easier to go through every page of the battlefield than to add them to my personal log and then re-set them to war. Assuming, of course, that my poor browser can handle it 8-[
Gone, left, no longer here.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Preem Palver wrote:
Juliette wrote:Dearies, that is what the personal log is for. ;)
Uh, with the amount of inactives I've set to war, it'd be easier to go through every page of the battlefield than to add them to my personal log and then re-set them to war. Assuming, of course, that my poor browser can handle it 8-[
Then your record-keeping sucks. *glare* I keep all my war declarations in my personal log; a long list of links (actually, at last count 6000 links) and when I ascend, I declare war on all of them again. (Or well, actually I use it as a filtering moment.) :P
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

Still takes a long time to do. Really, it's something you could spend the time on something else. I'd agree to just leave the lists alone when you ascend. Should be an easy change.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Remedy™ wrote:Still takes a long time to do. Really, it's something you could spend the time on something else. I'd agree to just leave the lists alone when you ascend. Should be an easy change.
Easy change, true.. but so not worth it. :P I mean, seriously. Why change something that has worked for several ages. :-D
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Juliette wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:Still takes a long time to do. Really, it's something you could spend the time on something else. I'd agree to just leave the lists alone when you ascend. Should be an easy change.
Easy change, true.. but so not worth it. :P I mean, seriously. Why change something that has worked for several ages. :-D

They update things all the time that worked the way they were, but to make things different. I believe they've changed MS, planets, etc. Why NOT change something that makes it easier for everyone without a disadvantage/advantage to anyone specifically?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Remedy™ wrote:They update things all the time that worked the way they were, but to make things different. I believe they've changed MS, planets, etc. Why NOT change something that makes it easier for everyone without a disadvantage/advantage to anyone specifically?
*chuckles* We did change a lot. ;) But things like this.. ascension is a new leaf, you turn over the leaf, you lose all knowledge connected to your past self. :-D
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Juliette wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:They update things all the time that worked the way they were, but to make things different. I believe they've changed MS, planets, etc. Why NOT change something that makes it easier for everyone without a disadvantage/advantage to anyone specifically?
*chuckles* We did change a lot. ;) But things like this.. ascension is a new leaf, you turn over the leaf, you lose all knowledge connected to your past self. :-D

Isn't ascending like becoming a higher being? Not forgetting who you were or what you were about?
Why doesn't it make you change your name? Or do you remember that... but, not who you are allies/enemies with? Ya see what I'm saying. Just an easy mechanic to change that would remove hassle for people still ascending.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Remedy™ wrote:Isn't ascending like becoming a higher being? Not forgetting who you were or what you were about?
Why doesn't it make you change your name? Or do you remember that... but, not who you are allies/enemies with? Ya see what I'm saying. Just an easy mechanic to change that would remove hassle for people still ascending.
Oh, I see what you are saying.. I just laugh at the amusement of how the idea of ascension has become lost with the demise of Stargate.. :P
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Juliette wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:Isn't ascending like becoming a higher being? Not forgetting who you were or what you were about?
Oh, I see what you are saying.. I just laugh at the amusement of how the idea of ascension has become lost with the demise of Stargate.. :P

Everything changes, regardless of an original idea. But, again... if you forget all about your previous self, why do you keep the same name?
Either way, I'm just offering simply opinion of why it should be changed now, as the way the game plays and the people here are much different than when I started 6 years ago.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Remedy™ wrote:Everything changes, regardless of an original idea. But, again... if you forget all about your previous self, why do you keep the same name?
This is still a game in which you do need to identify yourself, is it not? ;) There is your answer.
Remedy™ wrote:Either way, I'm just offering simply opinion of why it should be changed now, as the way the game plays and the people here are much different than when I started 6 years ago.
Of course. ;)
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Juliette wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:Everything changes, regardless of an original idea. But, again... if you forget all about your previous self, why do you keep the same name?
This is still a game in which you do need to identify yourself, is it not? ;) There is your answer.
Remedy™ wrote:Either way, I'm just offering simply opinion of why it should be changed now, as the way the game plays and the people here are much different than when I started 6 years ago.
Of course. ;)

I see, but it's not a game where you status with other members matters?
Also, your Identity can be tracked by ur ID, so even if it made you change your name, that'd stay the same.
El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

Thanks Remedy, thats kind of my point and just as I said in my original post you are becoming a higher being not forgetting your past. I am still me and my friends/enemies have not changed just because of that.

And yes I know it has been like this for years and probably brought up before this but as the forum is named Game Suggestions that is exactly what this is.

In regards to the personal log section pfft, sorry it is just too much to have to go through all those logs every time and redo something you've already done.

I know we live in a society where we want everything as easy as possible, but that's only because if its possible why not have it that way? Work smarter not harder!!!
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.

Return to “Game Suggestions”