no ppt during war or restricted after attacking

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Arch_enemy
Forum Grunt
Alliance: noneya
Race: Godz
ID: 81052

no ppt during war or restricted after attacking

well i personally hate it when during a war someone will mass someone and run and jump on ppt and hide.

also i hate it when your stopping someone massing an aliance member and they go to ppt... its another form of sniping!

i suggest either 1. removing all ppt while in war(very unlikely)
or 2. have a time limit after an attack before you can go on ppt just like vac mode except not as long. this could make warring a lot more interesting and some players less cowardly.

only a suggestion, what do you guys think?
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

Re: no ppt during war or restricted after attacking

What then is the point of alliance PPT ?

Also it has been around for the entire game just adjust accordingly to catch the person off PPT as it is made in a way so that someone has to come off sometime during the week you have your opportunity then as does everyone :)

I get the frustration of it all but as such is the game.

Cheers
~Chewy~
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Farm lists will become redundant. You will have two distinct tiers, farmers and massers. It will ruin alliance PPTing and Jason's $$$ trades.

If you were to suggest the complete removal of PPT, it would be more viable. However, due to the number of people who actually sit on PPT earning naq. They will moan and complain and then this will turn into spam. Some people like to grow and some people like to go and live their lives.

The whole game is a balancing act and has ben designed in such a poor fashion that one little thing can mess up everything else.

I've been in the middle of massing 100t strikes and alliance PPT will be put on. Leaving me with a easily sabbable account. It happens and is a tactic which is now countered and used by everyone.

I disagree with this proposal :) however, I do have a counter proposal. Personal bloodrealm, where you challenge your opponent at a set time to go to war/war in a bloodrealm for 6 hours. I keep thinking about this, but far too lazy to write it as a new topic.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

Field Marshall wrote:I disagree with this proposal :) however, I do have a counter proposal. Personal bloodrealm, where you challenge your opponent at a set time to go to war/war in a bloodrealm for 6 hours. I keep thinking about this, but far too lazy to write it as a new topic.

That would make things very interesting I like that idea :D
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well i kinda support it, well at least that 2 part.

I played one game which had such thing (or very similar) implemented. if anyone played MVW and i know some really played cause there were some same names. So they had different type of attacks, like we do have in ascended. So simple attack was for stealing money, and destroy was for doing as much damage to opponents ships as possible. of course they both cost different amount of AT, but it was way more efficient to mass with destroys even though you could mass with simple attacks as well. So after using destroy button, u were not able to dock your ships ( which in this game would be like the same as to take a ppt) cause once your ships are docked, opponents cant do any real harm to you. So in that game after using destroy you were not able to dock yoru ships for 2 hours. So maybe we could do something similar here, like if you set someone to war, you cant go on ppt, for 1 hour from the time you gave war set to someone.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

This reminds me of an earlier suggestion years back, but I can't recall the details.

Either way - PPT during war should still be viable. An 'cool-off timer' like D3ath suggests seems reasonable to me (especially if at 1h), but people still have lifes to live. PPT should still be there - even if it's just an strategical retreat.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Anyone from 2011's big war will tell you that PPT adds a fun factor to tactics that straight up massing does not. Massing a def down is easy. If that was all there was in a war, the boredom would be too much for any good strategist to stand.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
matty~
Forum Regular
Alliance: RIcos warlords
Race: i need sleep
ID: 1950534
Alternate name(s): ~matty~
xzxmattyxzx

maybe say 12 hours after massing not be able to use ppt so they just cant run and hide , but still be able to use alliance ppt...

but complete removal from using ppt during wars , no .. because people need it to trade , and maybe a person has RL issue or something , and hey...some people just use ppt to collect income during wars because of turn change farming during war...
dont fight a retard..they'lll drag you down and beat you with experience
Spoiler
Some say im insane....I say..My Sanity just took a break

Im so far from the grapevine, im buying grapes from the supermarket.
BEWARE MY SCOPE ZOOMS HEAT SEAKING SCOPE . PRO SNIPER BABY
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate
Race: Visacious
ID: 0

well if real life concerns are a concern how is 12 hours reasonable ? who has 12 full hours to sit watch and wait to ppt ? maybe more around 15 or 30 minutes is more acceptable to be forced to sit watch and wait before ppting and leaving to do RL things

Return to “Game Suggestions”