"Onliner"

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

"Onliner"

Sometimes, two worlds can collide and have disagreements. These guys go head to toe and have a battle. It can be fun, but sometimes there is no conclusion and depends on a "gentleman's agreement". If there are no gentlemen, then a stupid feud is set in motion and that's it, 2 people eventually quit and snipe one another.

What I am proposing is making "onliners" offical through a means similar to bloodrealm.

A "duel" is an ancient tradition where one person challenges another to a fight. The winner of the fight is the winner and that is that. It may result in death or the taking of one's partner.

A duel button could be implemented on the player's page. Where a duel can be proposed with a gametime put in. If the opponent logs in before this time, then this can be accepted or declined.

If declined, nothing happens, except humiliation if the opponent refuses to give a counter proposal. This can be complimented with a "galatic duel log" which everyone can see.

"Player A challenges Player B - Player B declines the duel"

If accepted, the players transport at the arranged time to an area similar to bloodrealm. Where they can only fight one another. Certain parameters must remain constant with the main realm. Such as planets an income stealing. So that this is not abused.

Again, this can be put into the "galactic duel log"

"Player A challenges Player B - Player A losses - 1,000,000 / Player B losses - 1,100,000 - Winner Player A"

This is something I would love to see, to get a war setting, you must give a war setting. Which is absurd.

Discuss.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Re: "Onliner"

Adjust so in order for a player to attack they have to have a defense up at a certain ratio or lose attackers at an alarming rate for massing with nothing to take in return.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

as a starting idea, sounds like it has its advantages...

also for those that might wonder if it would be implemented.

onliners = heavy losses and lots of fun. People who dont mind the losses in return for fun are the $$ spenders. Jason likes $$
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:Adjust so in order for a player to attack they have to have a defense up at a certain ratio or lose attackers at an alarming rate for massing with nothing to take in return.

Hence why it being similar to bloodrealm, everything is attackable, attack and/or defence combined.

Though, I see no reason why there couldn't be a ratio set up with penalties concurred if not...

minisaiyan wrote:as a starting idea, sounds like it has its advantages...

also for those that might wonder if it would be implemented.

onliners = heavy losses and lots of fun. People who dont mind the losses in return for fun are the $$ spenders. Jason likes $$

Though I still have doubts, as an entire project, everyone should win as part of it's implementation.

I have no doubt, bloodrealm was designed with this in mind.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

This idea has been around on the forums quite a few years (in different forms) but never been put forth as a suggestion. Nice to see :)
I like it, and like JT said, there should be an certain to-kill ratio or punishment for lack thereof.

One thing I don't want to see though is penalties for declining or any form of auto-accept.
Also, it should be possible to autorefuse altogether with an option from the Account Management-page.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

Field Marshall wrote:Sometimes, two worlds can collide and have disagreements. These guys go head to toe and have a battle. It can be fun, but sometimes there is no conclusion and depends on a "gentleman's agreement". If there are no gentlemen, then a stupid feud is set in motion and that's it, 2 people eventually quit and snipe one another.

What I am proposing is making "onliners" offical through a means similar to bloodrealm.

A "duel" is an ancient tradition where one person challenges another to a fight. The winner of the fight is the winner and that is that. It may result in death or the taking of one's partner.

A duel button could be implemented on the player's page. Where a duel can be proposed with a gametime put in. If the opponent logs in before this time, then this can be accepted or declined.

If declined, nothing happens, except humiliation if the opponent refuses to give a counter proposal. This can be complimented with a "galatic duel log" which everyone can see.

"Player A challenges Player B - Player B declines the duel"

If accepted, the players transport at the arranged time to an area similar to bloodrealm. Where they can only fight one another. Certain parameters must remain constant with the main realm. Such as planets an income stealing. So that this is not abused.

Again, this can be put into the "galactic duel log"

"Player A challenges Player B - Player A losses - 1,000,000 / Player B losses - 1,100,000 - Winner Player A"

This is something I would love to see, to get a war setting, you must give a war setting. Which is absurd.

Discuss.

I like this idea..

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Make this staked. Both players fight for a stake, that each has to pay. There's no need to take measures against uneven duel, since if one player thinks that he can't win, he won't accept the challenge.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Make this staked. Both players fight for a stake, that each has to pay. There's no need to take measures against uneven duel, since if one player thinks that he can't win, he won't accept the challenge.

Smart. I like it. Could even make it decided. As in the challenger puts up a quantity when challenging and the opposition is to match to play!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Arch_enemy
Forum Grunt
Alliance: noneya
Race: Godz
ID: 81052

Field Marshall wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Make this staked. Both players fight for a stake, that each has to pay. There's no need to take measures against uneven duel, since if one player thinks that he can't win, he won't accept the challenge.

Smart. I like it. Could even make it decided. As in the challenger puts up a quantity when challenging and the opposition is to match to play!

like poker, either play or fold.

i actually LOVE this idea so so so much :smt060
Warrsy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1993672

I agree, very good idea. It would be very enjoyable.
The Outlaw
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Excellent Idea BUT, the scripters are back thus automated playing is back.

Return to “Game Suggestions”