Asc/Main account Vacation penalties

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Asc/Main account Vacation penalties

We all know, when you vac your asc you get some of the benefits of being ascended removed - well, I suggest the same system but for someone in Asc server with their Main acc on vac to have a penalty made e.g. -10% physicals (Just an example before you say 'Thats too drastic' or something across those lines)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Asc/Main account Vacation penalties

In the past, this was not done because there are ascended accounts without connected main accounts. :)
Bromas
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:In the past, this was not done because there are ascended accounts without connected main accounts. :)

How the hell does that work?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Bromas wrote:
Juliette wrote:In the past, this was not done because there are ascended accounts without connected main accounts. :)
Quite simple. Take for instance Seti (the one who was in HVE). He deleted his Main. In doing so, he disconnected his Ascended from the (now non-existent) Main. :)

To give just one way of doing it. Also worked if you create an account, ascend it, get banned.. used to be only your Main gets banned/deleted, while your Ascended remained accessible. (Sol changed that, thank him.)

And a few other - more glitchy - ways. :)

Having said that, I do like the idea.. :D Always been a supporter of it.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Bromas wrote:
Quite simple. Take for instance Seti (the one who was in HVE). He deleted his Main. In doing so, he disconnected his Ascended from the (now non-existent) Main. :)

To give just one way of doing it. Also worked if you create an account, ascend it, get banned.. used to be only your Main gets banned/deleted, while your Ascended remained accessible. (Sol changed that, thank him.)

And a few other - more glitchy - ways. :)

Bah, Asc should be deleted if main is deleted - surely?
As to the glitchy ways - not much to be done about that I guess
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Bromas wrote:Bah, Asc should be deleted if main is deleted - surely?
And vice versa, in my opinion. :)
Bromas wrote:As to the glitchy ways - not much to be done about that I guess
Well, spot them, alert the boss.. all you can do, really.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

no, because Ascending was meant to provide a bonus to your main not your main as a bonus to your ascended..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Bromas
Forum Addict

fem fatale wrote:no, because Ascending was meant to provide a bonus to your main not your main as a bonus to your ascended..

You should only have an asc if you have a main. You shouldn't be able to get to asc without a main account.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

The original suggestion is usually suggested once a year :P or every 6 months. It's suggested a lot ;).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Bromas wrote:
fem fatale wrote:no, because Ascending was meant to provide a bonus to your main not your main as a bonus to your ascended..

You should only have an asc if you have a main. You shouldn't be able to get to asc without a main account.

yes, but ascended is designed to give a bonus to your main, your main never gives a bonus to your ascended. If your main did then yes lose that bonus if you vacate main.

I do agree if the main gets banned that the ascended attached to it should also suffer same fate. which is something I have always maintained. (But then I might lose a few farms :( )

One thing you could do I guess as its the only thing Ascended can do that effects another's main is prevent any Ascended that's main is on vac/deleted/banned from being able to descend others.. personally I don't decend ppl for the sake /knotch count of it..

But you do have mismatched ascendeds with mains.. back when sometimes ppl could coherse the admin in to moving their ascended to their new main acc,
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “Game Suggestions”