How to win bloodrealm

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: How to win bloodrealm

This reminds me of the Merovingian's speech about why, reason, purpose and causality. :)

That Instant PPT Drop idea you and I mentioned should be in here too, Sol. ;)
Comulous
Forum Irregular
ID: 67440

Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:
Sol wrote: I understand but if an alliances intentions are to start a war then they should be fully aware of the maximum force they would be up against. Not just hope they get a few less of the opposition in the mix.
If it's not intentional then the alliance should be telling it's member to not mini mass or farm hard on it's players (although no one has really complained about how low the attacks are to make it over the blood realm counter), so I assume that isn't happening.
I do see what you mean though...hmmm, if someone happens to be busy during the war or doesn't have a spare ppt to opt out, then what? A bit unfair if you do have a ppt and manage to skip it :P
not unfair at all , its up to the individual how they choose to time their ppts,be it around a work schedule or a day of to spend with their kids. then bam its gone and wasted if you go to bloodwar with all your uu out or whatever.

completely over the top.
Hardly over the top, it's the players fault for not keeping up with alliance dealings, or the alliance leaders obviously not filling in their members. What leaders don't say to their members that they want to war and will mass x alliance until blood war ensues?
If they really are that busy then they should vac.

Not saying it's a bad choice to go with, it's a viable option, but I think this is equally as much and if not better.
The problem with this idea is that it is not both alliances who choose the time of the blood war usually, only one alliance gets to choose the time. For example we could be sitting at 100%+ on the war meter against our enemy for days on end. Then the enemy decides one day that they would like a blood war, so out of the blue they take us over 100% too and we suddenly have a bloodwar, one that we may or may not be prepared for, whereas the enemy are totally prepared since they arranged the time and made it happen. So there is no warning for us and if you are having a break and have all your uu untrained and are on ppt, and suddenly you are dropped into a bloodwar that you had no warning or time to prepare for, then you could lose your whole army in a matter of minutes. Whereas the other alliance have all their uu safely trained or in strike to take us down. Totally NOT a good idea to make everyone drop ppts compulsory. It would be better to leave them out of the BW altogether.

Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:
Sol wrote: Although for a bit more of fun you could add a 'gentlemen agreement' option whereby both sides agree on the maximum number of players they can send in, and then the alliance leader chooses his men to send in. (after x days if no agreement is reached all members are forced in to move along the war).
I suspect you want to push for a more even fight amongst alliances? Hence why you wanted to remove all cash bonuses and ppt's and crap. At least with this it will stop a massive skew in players/meatshields/inactives on each alliance.
why I wanted to remove cash spending ?, both sides DDE and FS. cash spenders and non cash spenders want it removed.

and a gentlemens agreement.... how long ago did you actually stop playing main sol 8-[
Your telling me who wanted it removed and not why (which is why I assumed you all wanted a more level playing field, hence the suggestion).
The whole idea of the bloodwar is that you are sent in with what you have on you at the time, prepared or not. To be able to buy resources just stuffs that up! and gives an unfair advantage to the cash spender.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Comulous is correct, by default FSF have chosen when to have the bloodwar 3 times. Using it at times to suit our style of play. Which ultimately have been extremely successful.

I've read about the PPT drops, if it isn't possible to keep those on PPT out of the war or their units to not count towards the total alliance units then the other option is to keep them on PPT during the 4 hour "cease fire". Then have alliance commands to kick them out of the alliance and have them rejoin after. Not really the best way of dealing with things though.

I still say keep those on PPT out of it completely, though it's nice to have additional targets. The best bloodwar was the first, when everyone was off PPT and went at each other and it was over within 10 mins. It was simply brilliant, pure death and destruction. We got owned, but it was fun. Now we've worked out the bugs that ruin that, they should simply be killed or bloodwar will be avoided at all times by one team as it is too advantageous to one and not the other.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Comulous wrote:
Sol wrote: Hardly over the top, it's the players fault for not keeping up with alliance dealings, or the alliance leaders obviously not filling in their members. What leaders don't say to their members that they want to war and will mass x alliance until blood war ensues?
If they really are that busy then they should vac.

Not saying it's a bad choice to go with, it's a viable option, but I think this is equally as much and if not better.
The problem with this idea is that it is not both alliances who choose the time of the blood war usually, only one alliance gets to choose the time.
it's the players fault for not keeping up with alliance dealings, or the alliance leaders obviously not filling in their members. What leaders don't say to their members that they want to war and will mass x alliance until blood war ensues?
I know, and like I said ^, what sort of alliance leader doesn't tell all their members they are wanting war?
If you mass an alliance up to blood war limit you should damn well know there is a high chance you will enter a war, and as far as I can tell (like I said earlier again somewhere) there is a pretty big line between farming/raiding an alliance to hell and wanting war, so it's not an accident. Hence members of said alliance should know war is on the horizon and if need be can vac if they don't wish to participate.
Comulous wrote:
Sol wrote: Your telling me who wanted it removed and not why (which is why I assumed you all wanted a more level playing field, hence the suggestion).
The whole idea of the bloodwar is that you are sent in with what you have on you at the time, prepared or not. To be able to buy resources just stuffs that up! and gives an unfair advantage to the cash spender.
QED.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Another suggestion would be to have a 'start' time, i.e when the other party accepts the blood war invite all accounts freeze, get thrown into the blood war, and then unfrozen at a give time, to allow for a more fair start.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Comulous
Forum Irregular

Field Marshall wrote:Comulous is correct, by default FSF have chosen when to have the bloodwar 3 times. Using it at times to suit our style of play. Which ultimately have been extremely successful.

I've read about the PPT drops, if it isn't possible to keep those on PPT out of the war or their units to not count towards the total alliance units then the other option is to keep them on PPT during the 4 hour "cease fire". Then have alliance commands to kick them out of the alliance and have them rejoin after. Not really the best way of dealing with things though.
Yeah not really the best option, as there may be times when there is a four hour gap with commanders off line or they could kick people out who suddenly come online and want to be involved, to find they have been kicked.
Field Marshall wrote:I still say keep those on PPT out of it completely, though it's nice to have additional targets. The best bloodwar was the first, when everyone was off PPT and went at each other and it was over within 10 mins. It was simply brilliant, pure death and destruction. We got owned, but it was fun. Now we've worked out the bugs that ruin that, they should simply be killed or bloodwar will be avoided at all times by one team as it is too advantageous to one and not the other.
I suppose the option of having as many off ppt as possible would be that the alliances have an arranged bloodwar at a certain time, with minimum defences even, could be fun...
EbilCC
Forum Addict

sol are u an idiot?

are u not listening.....

Here in simple terms for u

Alliance A masses, raids, planet steals whatever.

Alliance B isnt as active except for 1 day a week. They choose bloodwar when alliance A has been 100 percent for days. So your saying active players in alliance A should vac as soon as it gets to 100 percent for a undetermined time period to alliance b decides to go to 100 percent.

you are being told by one alliance that 3 times bloodwar has been used they have used this style of play 3 times waiting days with the other alliance days on end on 100 percent. people have RL dont you have RL? if not then sorry get a life then maybe you will understand

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Comulous
Forum Irregular

our war has been going since November 2012, its not really realistic to ask people to vacation for months in case a bloodwar happens. most are happy to be in a bloodwar if they are on, just not to be dropped off their ppt suddenly with all their uu and naq out!
Sol wrote:Another suggestion would be to have a 'start' time, i.e when the other party accepts the blood war invite all accounts freeze, get thrown into the blood war, and then unfrozen at a give time, to allow for a more fair start.
could possibly be an option, but would still have the problem of those on ppt for two days. i suppose you mean a longer waiting time. it would mean that more could join in as they would have more warning, but then would be boring for those that are online waiting for a long time. i dont think that freezing an account would make much difference to the outcome, as it would only be a bit of naq and uu produced during the waiting time.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:Another suggestion would be to have a 'start' time, i.e when the other party accepts the blood war invite all accounts freeze, get thrown into the blood war, and then unfrozen at a give time, to allow for a more fair start.
+ 9000

However, this is with the presumption that relations between 2 alliances is friendly enough to agree this. Sounds more like a "training" war.

I would suggest this as an addition as opposed to an overwriting of the current set up.

The current set up in it's build up is, in my opinion, correct. I just propose those on PPT at the time stay in normal and the rest go to war :smt025
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Sol
Forum Addict

CCexyDCapedCrusader wrote:sol are u an idiot?

are u not listening.....

Here in simple terms for u

Alliance A masses, raids, planet steals whatever.

Alliance B isnt as active except for 1 day a week. They choose bloodwar when alliance A has been 100 percent for days. So your saying active players in alliance A should vac as soon as it gets to 100 percent for a undetermined time period to alliance b decides to go to 100 percent.
](*,) quite the opposite CC.
Alliance B chooses bloodwar, they know when they are going on, active or not they can choose. They can regroup their members, tell others to vac if need be etc.

Alliance A instigates bloodwar, they know there is a chance for war, regardless of how stupidly long it takes alliance B to decide but they know it could be on the horizon because their members decided to mass up to the war limit.
For whatever stupid reason they decided to mass up to that limit, whether they find it fun to do that, or it just so happened all members in said alliance had trills of naq out and millions upon millions of UU out that would let them mass up to that point. But the fact remains they know war is possible, whether they pushed for it or not and they knew it was coming before the limit was reached.
IF some of their users are completely inactive well then it sucks to be them, PPting to save your ass won't matter. But if they are semi-active then they can pre-emptively vac BEFORE their alliance decides to mass the others to hell and gain a possibility for war in the blood realm.

If you have a few loose cannons in your alliance and you seemingly can't control them and you just happened reach the blood limit and no one can sort their **Filtered** out, then you should consider removing them. Simples. Because it will happen again and again, PPTing wont do anything because it will be viewed as completely random massings and bloodwar initiations. PPting to save your ass won't matter.

Further, even if you lot had it your way Alliance B still decides when to engage, ppting only lasts 2 days so they can still catch you off guard. QED, PPting to save your ass won't matter.
IF your members are in sync with the leaders then you can time it to matter but then again if you listen to your leader then there will be no problem at all in killing ppt upon entry to the bloodrealm.

CC read it all before you bother replying.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Comulous
Forum Irregular

Field Marshall wrote:
+ 9000

However, this is with the presumption that relations between 2 alliances is friendly enough to agree this. Sounds more like a "training" war.

I would suggest this as an addition as opposed to an overwriting of the current set up.

The current set up in it's build up is, in my opinion, correct. I just propose those on PPT at the time stay in normal and the rest go to war :smt025
this sounds good :)
Sol
Forum Addict

Comulous wrote:our war has been going since November 2012, its not really realistic to ask people to vacation for months in case a bloodwar happens. most are happy to be in a bloodwar if they are on, just not to be dropped off their ppt suddenly with all their uu and naq out!
You instigated bloodwar as an alliance, if someone really wants to be on the outside and not be in the war then they can just be removed from the alliance. The alliance is a group effort.
As far as dropping off ppt goes just read one of my paragraphs I have repeated about 100 times already, you should know when you're heading into war (or at least a possibility). If your alliance jumps into a war and you have absolutely no knowledge of it or one coming then that should speak volumes of your 'friends'.

I take it before you all jumped into bloodwar you basically knew there was a chance it would happen? Information that was two days old before you jumped in? I take it as yes. Then ppting to save your ass wouldn't matter :P you could have just vacced.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
Comulous wrote:our war has been going since November 2012, its not really realistic to ask people to vacation for months in case a bloodwar happens. most are happy to be in a bloodwar if they are on, just not to be dropped off their ppt suddenly with all their uu and naq out!
You instigated bloodwar as an alliance, if someone really wants to be on the outside and not be in the war then they can just be removed from the alliance. The alliance is a group effort.
As far as dropping off ppt goes just read one of my paragraphs I have repeated about 100 times already, you should know when you're heading into war (or at least a possibility). If your alliance jumps into a war and you have absolutely no knowledge of it or one coming then that should speak volumes of your 'friends'.

I take it before you all jumped into bloodwar you basically knew there was a chance it would happen? Information that was two days old before you jumped in? I take it as yes. Then ppting to save your ass wouldn't matter :P you could have just vacced.
If this is proposed, I will not be in an alliance over 4 members ever again. I also know a lot of people who will think the same way. PPT is essential for planets, UU, stats and the like. A lot of people have invested huge amounts into tangible resources, to have this at threat would seriously hurt the game. The only people this will suit is the sniper and the people trying to get an easy hit.

I'm sorry SoL, PPT was never intended to be tampered with. The single notion in the past of a PPT being forcefully removed was always laughed upon. That shouldn't change this late in the game.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

EbilCC
Forum Addict

so your saying people who are active need to vac if it goes to 100 percent and alliance B doesnt start war for 4 days

no wonder every time i find a bug on ascended you always say its my browser or computer you did it the other day Ive lost cost of the amount of times you told me that and it turns out other people have the same problems. Its around on the forums you may have power over ascended but you sure are a noob at times

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Sol
Forum Addict

@FM, ppt drop to enter is on both sides, doesn't necessarily pertain to the whole time in there/whole game.

@CC
CC read it all before you bother replying.

Although I'll reword it to
CC make sure you understand it all before you bother replying.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Game Suggestions”