All of this stuff

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

All of this stuff

Stat Costs:
[spoiler]You might have seen this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=197796

People made some good points. it costs nothing to build up good stats. I could log in after being massed, and build back up to 5 GnR status with two turnchanges' worth or less of naq. I have three solutions for this:

Higher Weapon Costs:
[spoiler2=]Simple. Raise the costs of weapons. It takes more naq to build up. This may have to be repeated late in the future. You may think it's not necessary because as we can farm more we get more UU to build stats with, but the growth isn't proportional. Weapon costs are so low, you can build def's that would put you on the first page with a good day's farming.

There is a large problem. People will just start building smaller stats. Here's the thing, though: the UP costs won't change, the army size limits won't change. People will have room to build the same stats, it will just cost more. Also, it will still be more expensive relative to covert levels and UU. I don't know the actual numbers myself, but it can be figured.[/spoiler2]

Stat/Rank Incentives:
[spoiler2=]All we have now to encourage large(r) stats is GnR. Really, that's nothing. Everyone gets the same amount from rank 2-rank 123, and everyone gets the same from rank 124-rank 1239. I propose some sort of a bonus based on either the actual stat or the ranking of the stat. Say, maybe, you have income bonuses for defenses under rank 250. Rank 249 gets a bonus .2%, Rank 200 gets a bonus 10%, rank 1 gets a bonus 50%. Again, I don't know the numbers. Some ideas for the bonuses involved could be: GnR (IF my suggestion below about GnR was to go through), bonus income, bonuses to other stats, MPSPD days, bonus UP and last but not least, DMU for your ascended.

People will say this will hurt newbies, but just read the link I posted above. No one cares.[/spoiler2]

Low Stat Penalties:
[spoiler2=]Similar to the above, you get some things taken away when you have lower stats (excluding MS). This could be removed for players under the average active covert level, for the sake of being reasonable. It works the same way as the bonuses above, but with deductions. Maybe some of your miners start to die (this one should make sure it waits until you log on next). Maybe you have deductions from other stats (this could be used to combat snipers). Maybe your ascended is a bit weaker. If anything, it would make the game more interesting.[/spoiler2]

Covert fixes:
[spoiler2=]Make covert either easier to sabb through or harder to build up. My favorite solution is to have multiple UU equal one spy. They'd still be untrainable, but they'd only count as one in terms of army count and covert power. This would go with my higher weapon cost suggestion, so spy losses can keep up with weapon losses.

Another idea is to make it cost a LOT more to train spies, but you get a lot back when you untrain them. That would make them a lot more expensive when killed off.[/spoiler2]

Now, I know none of these are perfect, but I hope at least one of them can be taken and edited in some way to fit the game. Many people will find instant flaws in these, but I think the benefits outweigh these. Some people will hate these ideas.[/spoiler]

GnR:
[spoiler]I made this mainly to fit an idea stated above. I think GnR for the glory shop should be separate and gained in another way than the GnR used for ascending. Read above, it's simple why.[/spoiler]

That's all for now, but I may have more to add on later.
Last edited by BarelyAllen on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Re: All of this stuff

Only disagree with low rank penalties. I stay low rank due to me raiding/farming inactives
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

Heisenberg wrote:Only disagree with low rank penalties. I stay low rank due to me raiding/farming inactives

Good point. There should be a penalty for having zero defense, though. Maybe a worse penalty for zero defense AND a low covert.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

Edited the post to include a fix for making sure losing spies hurts. Please give feedback on these ideas.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Its good ideas but would be better implemented with 1000 plus people playing regularly. Implement the remainder of the bloodwar items and a few additions.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

Jedi~Tank wrote:Its good ideas but would be better implemented with 1000 plus people playing regularly. Implement the remainder of the bloodwar items and a few additions.

I might wait until I've experienced bloodwar to comment on it. It'll happen some day.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

I kinda thought there'd be more opinions.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Game Suggestions”