Remove NG - main ties ie no more "legit Multis"

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Remove NG - main ties ie no more "legit Multis"

As NG was set originally to ease new players into playing main, and as far as I know the ascended acc you get when finish on there has no beginner bonuses.. why is it necessary at all?

Its rediculous you can have legit multis now,

Time to make New Grounds a stand alone game
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: Remove NG - main ties ie no more "legit Multis"

then why bother playing it? theres nothing there except a learning curve
sYntÅx
Forum Irregular
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1921265

To be honest, I hate the idea. Fair enough if you want to allow new players to start off in a different server to spoon-feed them the game - ease them into it. But we didn't have that service to use, and we were fine! And that was in a much more active server.

The possibility of a legal multi has put a mechanic into the game that I, personally, do not favour. I don't want to play it and end up with a multi account, but in order to keep up with the rest of the players I feel like I need to. It's not right.

Keep NG separate - and then when the new players feel like that can brave the not-so-big-bad world of the main server, they create a new account. They'll fly through the first bits and end up with a great account of their own in no time. Meanwhile, we on the main server will stick with what we have been used to - one account per player. I know the Gods are trying to shake the game up a little, but this is the wrong way to go about it. :smt018
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

This battle was fought and lost. Although significant evidence was provided as to how allowing legal multi accounts would fundementally change and hurt the game play of the main server, it was ignored and passed through. There were several good alternatives to the legal multi and again ignored. Newgrounds is yet another avenue for admin to make money. Why would he stop that? I'm sorry to say but this battle will be lost again because of the stubborn, unwilling to compromise admins of the game.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

NG multies are stupid,

wonder how many of the NG multis are new people like 5% if that, get rid of them.

and you dont learn anything on NG, i havent farmed once, or even invested any time in that game and im at ascension lvl 15 :-k
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

NG Multis should be made available to those who played main less than 1/2 years....this gives noobs the chance to compete 2v1 against older players with stronger accounts
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Tell me, as concisely as possible - what bad does it do?
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

harchester wrote:NG Multis should be made available to those who played main less than 1/2 years....this gives noobs the chance to compete 2v1 against older players with stronger accounts
And how, pray tell, would you prove someone plays Main less than half a year? By account age? :lol: And what do you do when the accounts reach half a year + 1 day? Roll a die and delete one? I can see that would lead to more investments in both accounts. Oh wait. I cannot. :D

Anyway. The NG multis are here to stay. Feel free to recommend changes, suggestions or other ideas as to how they are incorporated in Main, but they will not be removed, and NG will remain tethered to Main. Within that frame of reference, we are very interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Really, I like the idea, even if I am a few months away from having one.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

Well it adds another level of people being here longer having a better chance at more power, and also brings more of the person with the most money/time has a advantage.

It changes the game, maybe just limiting what the 2ed account can actually do? (remove attack? or something like this <need input>)
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

Im against this. even tho its wrong in many ways!

Its nice to have something to do when your main is resting on ppt!

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Game Over
Forum Elite

I'm close to getting mine, but I think its pointless allowing everyone to have a multi. The only benefit is there are plenty who have illegal multis. This evens the playing field. Still rather have no multi though.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Lord Katsumoto wrote:I'm close to getting mine, but I think its pointless allowing everyone to have a multi. The only benefit is there are plenty who have illegal multis. This evens the playing field. Still rather have no multi though.

That's my take on it. How do you beat the cheaters? Play them at their own game. but by the book.

It's not like you can have 9 accounts. and some of the more prolific multies in the past have been known to use several accounts. Not just 2. I agree with kat's take on it. Evens the playing field.

and, I'm kinda fond of the little guy >.>
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

IMO forcing others to use more time, to breed up a multi to compete, is a bit of punch in the gut, even though we all have the ability to get one. It's like buying covert levels with $$ all over again.

Juliette wrote:Anyway. The NG multis are here to stay. Feel free to recommend changes, suggestions or other ideas as to how they are incorporated in Main, but they will not be removed, and NG will remain tethered to Main. Within that frame of reference, we are very interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

+1

You should all be tackling the other side of the argument not this one.
How can you make it more fairer for those who refuse to have a multi?
If you can find a reasonable solution to that question and find a side to not everyone being able to get a multi (i.e there not existing a path between all users so equilibrium is impossible or a farcry) and present them to AJ he may budge (actually that's probably your greatest chance...).

You all know this topic will just exist for the sake of complaining :P, it won't change.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Idea was already shot down. Multis here to stay.

Closed
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports

Return to “Game Suggestions”