increase mercs

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

increase mercs

i know this has been sugested before but seriously

5 million mercs per turn for the amount of wars is very low. we need say 20 million per turn to make it more worthwhile?

DDE VS FS

TAF VS MH

thats the main wars going on at the minute but more wars can happen at any time but mercs are few and far between. IF this is a problem for admin make mercs deerer to buy then to make up for the more amount?

Im sure most people agree 5 million is pretty low if theres a lot of wars ongoing and sometimes theres lots sometimes there are few we need more than 5 million no matter how many wars are going on

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Re: increase mercs

Increase to 20m/turn but keep the 100m max would be good.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

I think it would be better to have a set quota of mercs available to each account every week. Once you use all of them, you have to wait until the next market reset to get any more.

Just increasing the amount of mercs available each turn change won't help all that much, they will still be gobbled up within seconds, unless there were so many mercs available that nobody could buy them all, and in that case mercs would be of much less value overall.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

im all for a limit on mercs per week. All i want is more available if they cost more fine if theres a limit fine but u still have to be on at the turn change to buy them when big wars are on and 5 million goes within seconds if theres a few on trying to buy

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

You forgot to include the HVE vs DDE war.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Tetrismonkey wrote:You forgot to include the HVE vs DDE war.

you just love the publicity :P

Clockwork wrote:I think it would be better to have a set quota of mercs available to each account every week. Once you use all of them, you have to wait until the next market reset to get any more.

Just increasing the amount of mercs available each turn change won't help all that much, they will still be gobbled up within seconds, unless there were so many mercs available that nobody could buy them all, and in that case mercs would be of much less value overall.

This^ great idea. I do think it takes away a bit of the competitive fun of grabbing mercs, but not everyone has the internet connection for that.
Last edited by BarelyAllen on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

ANG (27) wrote:
Clockwork wrote:I think it would be better to have a set quota of mercs available to each account every week. Once you use all of them, you have to wait until the next market reset to get any more.

This^

+1

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I like the current merc set up.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

Field Marshall wrote:I like the current merc set up.

plus 1

Lets not change the game anymore man.. We have current bug/scripts that need worked out.. especially BLOODWAR!!
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

to be honest i also like the way its currently set up and here is why:-

1) you have to actually make an effort to log in to buy them and store them if you want to use them later.

2) It creates another option in the market, I actually sold att/def mercs to people a year or two ago when there were some big wars going on and it made a nice small profit

3) It forces people to actually use UU if there are no mercs on the market, So if you want to mass a def your gonna get actual loses that may hurt you.

thats just my 2cents any way
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Mercs are not supposed to be an easy thing to get. It's supposed to be tough...

Between you and me, it's not that hard, just get the timing down and you can generally get mercs.

Having mercs more rare is one thing that makes rounds two+ of an onliner harder as people get low on mercs, which then requires people to be more prepared ahead of time with other people storing mercs for you.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Mathlord wrote:Mercs are not supposed to be an easy thing to get. It's supposed to be tough...

Between you and me, it's not that hard, just get the timing down and you can generally get mercs.

Having mercs more rare is one thing that makes rounds two+ of an onliner harder as people get low on mercs, which then requires people to be more prepared ahead of time with other people storing mercs for you.
+1 (I was able to get an easy 25mil attack mercs today and i didnt even end up using them, i gave them to other people lol)

14mins after turn change and there is currently 4,398,218 attack mercs available.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

I'm actually surprised no one has suggested this yet...let prices fluctuate depending on demand, more demand - more expense. These are practically UU you can buy (a little less powerful but still, meat shields if anything), why should they be always cheap?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Game Suggestions”