Nerf sub-alliances (<5 members)

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nerf sub-alliances (<5 members)

Target Audience: All Alliances, present and future
Interest: Stimulating alliances to gather a minimum number of members, as well as making it unfeasible to use small-team alliances as a way to hide from the consequences of your actions (e.g. Bloodwar).
Proposed mechanism:
  1. Alliances under 5 members do not get alliance bonuses
  2. ,, do not get 'Alliance Management' (features such as alliance PPT or alliance repair); only membership management
  3. ,, get deleted after 14 days (2 weeks, instead of the current 60, 2 months)
  4. ,, cannot be part of a House (due to not having Alliance Mgt.), and do not receive 'lone wolf' bonuses
Background: Bloodwar currently does not include <5 member alliances. That makes sense (considering the amount of teamwork required for Bloodwar, as well as kill/death rates). However, since <5 member alliances DO get the full bonuses and features of any alliance (alliance PPT/alliance repair), as well as House bonuses, they are excellent hiding places for people who are afraid to go into Bloodwars.

There are 2 solutions to this issue.
  1. All <5 member alliances get included in Bloodwars.
  2. ,, become 'start-ups', groups that are to recruit up to a minimum of 5 members if they are to achieve permanence.
Ad 1. Not feasible. Alliances of less than 5 members cannot fully participate in Bloodwars, thus reducing the fun factor of the entire Bloodwar. Basically; allowing plebs to sit in the House of Lords devalues the House of Lords, or adding a Prius to your collection of Studebakers defaces your collection.
Ad 2. This stimulates newbie alliances (if and when they show up) to gather a few friends BEFORE forming an alliance, making it a better thought-out decision to become an alliance. Additionally, it has the effect of putting people up to a choice: Either alliance PPT/repair and Bloodwar, or no alliance PPT/repair and no Bloodwar.

[spoiler][Of course the above works even better alongside the notion that PPT in the Bloodwar is nonexistent (getting cancelled the minute the Bloodwar starts, and no way of getting it through Black Market); as 'compensation' for PPT ending, alliance leaders should be allowed to 'kick' (i.e. save) their members out of the Bloodrealm in the first hour at a cost equal to the killable units of these 'saved' members.][/spoiler]
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Nerf sub-alliances (<5 members)

Perhaps. I don't think the idea of removing alliances under 5 members is the best solution just to counteract the bloodwar thing. Remember, only 3 bloodwars have occured ever since it's addition.

Remove PPT/Repairs.
Keep House Bonus.
Deletion within 30 days.

We don't need bigger alliances, we need more.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

Re: Nerf sub-alliances (<5 members)

I love all of this effort put in to trying to force bloodwar on the whole game even though most people clearly do not like or care for it... You can call people names as much as you want to and claim that we are making excuses but it still will not change opinions. Not to mention the fact that it has been bugged or unbalanced since it came out. Taking almost a year (or longer at this pace) to make a few changes/tweaks in something that completely changes wars is quite pathetic and annoying.

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)

Return to “Game Suggestions”