petition to get rid of emergency temp shift..

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

Do we allow temp shift

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 26
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Re: petition to get rid of emergency temp shift..

Why not leave it in? its another feature for people to use. Makes the game a little more interesting and its gives the bigger ranks something to be more afraid of. I have used it and have it used on me several times now, i have no personal issue with it.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

it causes so much damage without much in return.. i think it should cost more mt's or gnr as it's 2 easily used.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:it causes so much damage without much in return.. i think it should cost more mt's or gnr as it's 2 easily used.
Yeah.

Also, take out the attack/raid button.

They also do too much damage...
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Field Marshall wrote:
~Dä Vinci~ wrote:it causes so much damage without much in return.. i think it should cost more mt's or gnr as it's 2 easily used.
Yeah.

Also, take out the attack/raid button.

They also do too much damage...
](*,)

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

it make sniping so easy, thats why alliances like FS want to keep it. they only build to mass when they can phase and double strike. so untouchable, but after that. nope notta thing.

its a ridiculous OP feature
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Odin~
Alföðr

Guild wrote:it make sniping so easy, thats why alliances like FS want to keep it. they only build to mass when they can phase and double strike. so untouchable, but after that. nope notta thing.

its a ridiculous OP feature
DDE use it just as much as FS so how about you take those comments else where, We are currently talking about a feature that some people want to changed.

Now lets break this down a little, You can still do MS damage when someone is temporal shifted so saying they are untouchable is not correct. Taking down someones mothership can cause them to lose a very decent investment in some cases.

This function last's for 30 minutes and can only be used a maximum of 1.5 hours a week compared to the other 166.5 hours that are played as normal (cant use ppt if you temporal shift 3 times a week). To do it 3 times a week it also cost's 1000 GnR which in the 1 point GnR range takes a little over 20 days to store. When in the 5 gnr range it takes a little over 4 days. So to do a full 3 temporal shifts it costs either 60 or 12 days being in GnR depending on which zone it is.

Most would agree that even at that rate it is a costly investment to even think of using temporal shift. I know i have not once used all 6 market turns on Temporal shift in a week, I think i have done it twice once in the span of a week since the feature was released.

There are ways to fight this off as well, You have your Alliance ppt's which protect your entire alliance for three hours and would stop a Temporal shift attack and hence wasting the attackers 2k gnr and 2 market turns. You also have the option of 2 of your own personal ppt's as well as a bonus temporal shift if really needed on top of that.

I think in my own eyes this feature is currently well balanced and there is nothing wrong with it when you break it down, It is a feature that if used correctly can indeed deal damage which is one of the main purposes of this function. However on the other hand it is a great feature to be used if you need an extra 30 minutes of protection in a tight spot.

Also the vote on this topic might confuse a few people as it says " petition to get rid of emergency temp shift.. " as a title which some might just vote yes or no to however you can see it also says "Do we allow temp shift" then it says yes or no. People should keep that in mind. As it stands there are 9 to allow temporal to remain and 15 for its removal.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I think it should be either removed or just changed so you can't attack while phased, that way it can use it to save your stats in a pinch but it's not wayover powered like it is now.

At the very least it should be changed so that if you have naq or UU out while phased and are attacked/raided, if the attacker has a strike big enough to beat your defence you lose the resources like normal you just take no damage. Tha way at least you have to time pulling out naq to repair like normal.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
~Odin~
Alföðr

Duderanch wrote:At the very least it should be changed so that if you have naq or UU out while phased and are attacked/raided, if the attacker has a strike big enough to beat your defence you lose the resources like normal you just take no damage. Tha way at least you have to time pulling out naq to repair like normal.
If you mean allowing the person not temporal shifted to steal naq and UU off of the person that is temporal shifted (providing they have it out of course) but at the same time not doing any damage then i can see where your coming from and wouldn't be against that. However if they change how much it costs to temporal then you should not be able to do the above as you would be paying so much to temporal you should gain the right for protection for your naq and uu.
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Instead, why not make it so retaliatory attacks are allowed? (Like with planet 'takebacks', which go straight through PPT.)

No one can attack, except the person(s) who are attacked. Thus making it a somewhat less snipery thing, but still maintaining the integrity of the concept.

Return to “Game Suggestions”