New Player Overhaul.

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

New Player Overhaul.

So this will benefit everyone, As it will mean hopefully more new players to the game.

New grounds is good for new players and it gives them a great chance to start but there will be people who still try and join the main server for those I propose a different route.

Increase standard account size. :

The new account you get is awful, instead of the thousand or so soldiers you get give them a bank of not much say half a trill naq, and 1 million lifers, and 1 million UU to play with. (Not enough for people to bother with raiding)

Daily / weekly rewards for one month to keep interest peaked :

When the new account logs in each day or for a week straight they get a "reward or treat" sent to them in game (I realise this would require complex coding or possibly need to be manned) this reward can be an increase in naq in the bank or more UU.

Other / misc thoughts :

Link them to ingame accounts that agree to guide new players , a group of probally forum based characters who can help the new players grow in a non partisan way, the helpers get no rewards for this and shouldn't influence the new player but should be on hand for technical help and encourage them to visit the forum.

Perhaps a realm / alliance for players with less than 3 million army size (or less than a month old) that has account set up by admin to grow like ghost accounts which they can raid and attack without fear of reprisal, then after a month or when they reach the 3 mill army cap they go to normal realm.

Expand/ subtract on these thoughts I think it will help our beloved game to encourage new player who might otherwise be confused / intimidated.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: New Player Overhaul.

buck wrote:Increase standard account size. :

The new account you get is awful, instead of the thousand or so soldiers you get give them a bank of not much say half a trill naq, and 1 million lifers, and 1 million UU to play with. (Not enough for people to bother with raiding)
You are mistaken on the stats. I don't have them handy right now, but it's a lot more than a few k. :) I believe you get 5 million lifers.
buck wrote:Daily / weekly rewards for one month to keep interest peaked :

When the new account logs in each day or for a week straight they get a "reward or treat" sent to them in game (I realise this would require complex coding or possibly need to be manned) this reward can be an increase in naq in the bank or more UU.
This is actually something we are working on, though not just for new accounts. ;)
Idea so far is to make a tutorial-series of achievements (and quite a bit more.. but all shan't be revealed).
buck wrote:Other / misc thoughts :

Link them to ingame accounts that agree to guide new players , a group of probally forum based characters who can help the new players grow in a non partisan way, the helpers get no rewards for this and shouldn't influence the new player but should be on hand for technical help and encourage them to visit the forum.
This would be outside of the normal officer-commander relation (you mentioned no reward)? :)

Could make it so that at the end of the year, the newbies who have been active get a chance to say who helped them the most; 'Most Helpful Player' award right there. :P (Okay, so I just went to an idea for a reward anyway; sorry.)

I suppose in-game chat (either through IRC or similarly to ascended) could be useful in this context; if you can just ask your questions and get answers from active players, that might incite people to really ask those questions. ;)
buck wrote:Perhaps a realm / alliance for players with less than 3 million army size (or less than a month old) that has account set up by admin to grow like ghost accounts which they can raid and attack without fear of reprisal, then after a month or when they reach the 3 mill army cap they go to normal realm.
3M or a month; I like those figures. This actually requires the most 'new' code though. :P
buck wrote:Expand/ subtract on these thoughts I think it will help our beloved game to encourage new player who might otherwise be confused / intimidated.
Great ideas.
*MrRobot
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Single
ID: 1995793
Alternate name(s): *Baldere

good ideas....... I have just done my first ascension and the goods you get to start you off are more than enough, the problem if your like me and don't read advice is when you ascend and loose everything which can be a bit of a downer when you raided and grew a little but onwards and upwards if you don't make mistakes you don't learn.

just one thing, the three millon raid cap part mentioned, its pretty easy to raid that when your right down in the ranks if your not in g and r which is the most difficult thing to maintain sometimes if your trying to ascend and grow at the same time ( a skill I havent quite yet developed, for me its sit in g and r till ascension time over and over i think )
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

We should defiantly look at this mentoring idea more, not officers just using the player as a source of knowledge.

I'm away this weekend but il come back on Monday and give a big post after what Juliette said.

Also Sebastien feel free to messege me if you need a hand.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Do the ME rewards thing ascended has for main like prizes small to big players but really helpful to new ones.

Say you raid 10m UUs get 2m for reward.

Spend first 10k turns free turn refill.

Steal 100 planets plus 50,000 fleets.

100m ac killed 50t naq and some message to buy ac levels.

Maybe UP goals and rewards built in.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Kikaz wrote:Do the ME rewards thing ascended has for main like prizes small to big players but really helpful to new ones.

Say you raid 10m UUs get 2m for reward.

Spend first 10k turns free turn refill.

Steal 100 planets plus 50,000 fleets.

100m ac killed 50t naq and some message to buy ac levels.

Maybe UP goals and rewards built in.
COPYRIGHT!!!!!!! AJ can come up with his own ideas [-( .

Anyway, I think before this whole 'entice the new players' concept comes in, there are about 1.2 billion suggestions that should be implemented.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

And that is how nothing gets done. Prioritising is key. :P
Sol wrote:Anyway, I think before this whole 'entice the new players' concept comes in, there are about 1.2 billion suggestions that should be implemented.
Moriarty
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: Ancient
ID: 1991944
Alternate name(s): ~M~

Juliette wrote:
buck wrote:Increase standard account size. :

You are mistaken on the stats. I don't have them handy right now, but it's a lot more than a few k. :) I believe you get 5 million lifers.
buck wrote:Daily / weekly rewards for one month to keep interest peaked :

This is actually something we are working on, though not just for new accounts. ;)
Idea so far is to make a tutorial-series of achievements (and quite a bit more.. but all shan't be revealed).
buck wrote:Other / misc thoughts :

This would be outside of the normal officer-commander relation (you mentioned no reward)? :)

Could make it so that at the end of the year, the newbies who have been active get a chance to say who helped them the most; 'Most Helpful Player' award right there. :P (Okay, so I just went to an idea for a reward anyway; sorry.)

I suppose in-game chat (either through IRC or similarly to ascended) could be useful in this context; if you can just ask your questions and get answers from active players, that might incite people to really ask those questions. ;)
buck wrote:Perhaps a realm / alliance for players with less than 3 million army size (or less than a month old) that has account set up by admin to grow like ghost accounts which they can raid and attack without fear of reprisal, then after a month or when they reach the 3 mill army cap they go to normal realm.
3M or a month; I like those figures. This actually requires the most 'new' code though. :P
buck wrote:Expand/ subtract on these thoughts I think it will help our beloved game to encourage new player who might otherwise be confused / intimidated.
Great ideas.
About the new update for achievements, where are they going to be coming in?

Return to “Game Suggestions”