Proposed MS and ME update

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
lord riddick
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Proposed MS and ME update

I have had an idea for an update that should combat a few issues i feel hinder the game as far as building Mothership size and ME to rival the big long serving players. Although these issues have been dealt with in sorts ie the NG accounts. This only helps with ascending and getting an average size account compared to the big players. These players have such huge motherships and ME that it would be near impossible to catch them, other than spending tons of real life money, which in my opinion defeats the object of building/farming etc.

What i propose is creating a seperate mothership battle where nothing else comes into play. this battle will be aided by your own decisions on the type of attack you can use so will give you a better chance at fighting a larger mothership. anyway i wont go on. all ideas are as follows.

MS Changes:

Pilots for fleets 1:1 fleets explode thus units do too
Pilots for mothership x 10. As pilots die evasive manouver becomes like likely(slower) (pilots die at a rate of 1:2 per weapons units)
Units to man the weapons 10 per weapon type, 1 unit per 10% weapons(as weapons decrease % of men decrease)
New MS tech level, engine upgrades for extra speed. leave upgrades limitless like coverts. expensive.
Have a passenger cabin for reserve weapon controllers and pilots (double your max)
Have 10 Engineers to repair weapons (These die at same rate as Weapon controllers)
All MS battles to be recorded in ME.

Attack Types

All out attack:
Both Ms and fleets enter into battle without chance of repair. weapons, units, fleets, ms pilots all die out until ms and fleats are depleted.
this leads to the need of another attack/manouver type.

Evasive manouver:
This will be based on engine tech and pilots remaining compared to enemies abililty to chase which will also be based on the same.
fleets will stay and dog fight while ms attempts to evade. If evasive manouver is successful
repairs can be made (repair button will appear when this happens and enemy ms stats dissapear from attack page....will be explained)
Deceased Pilots and Gunners will be replace by reserves and weapons will be repaired by engineers
Evader must wait 10 seconds after an evasive manouver/repair before re-engaging. (the ms can just appear where it wants to now can it....)

Attack page layout and behaviour:
Both ms stats, weapons, units, fleets, ms pilots and reserve units will ve displayed on attack page so decisions can be made on how to attack.
There should be no battlereport after each attack as both displayed stats will be updated live (Battle reports can be viewed after the battle as usual)

Additional feature:
After each battle is completed, repairs can only be made on the losers ms after x amount of turns.

Well i know there is a lot of holes in this explaination but i think youll get the drift. i feel not only will this allow fo a more even battle between the MS sizes but will also add a new dynamic to the game and i feel this will add a huge amount of activity back into Stargatewars!
Last edited by lord riddick on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
lord riddick
Forum Grunt

Re: Proposed MS and ME update

does any1 actually read these?
Last edited by lord riddick on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Yes, read.

I see a good idea, raw - but with potential.
Pieces of this are being considered for NewGrounds (which already has a UU requirement for MS).

Having said that; the main battle mechanic you describe would require a rather substantial overhaul of the existing mechanics, and would leave a lot of people 'stranded'.

I think the idea itself is valid, but in all likelihood too big to use for Main. Worth checking out its feasibility for NewGrounds, yes.

Fury wrote:does any1 actually read these?

fury
lord riddick
Forum Grunt

:-D
Last edited by lord riddick on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Why would you need to catch us in ME though? It does not effect gameplay.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Loki™ wrote:Why would you need to catch us in ME though? It does not effect gameplay.
Indeed; I sort of see the point on MSes, but even that is contentious enough as it is. :P

Return to “Game Suggestions”