maybe a good solution to block scripter *REJECTED*

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter
ID: 0

maybe a good solution to block scripter *REJECTED*

why we can.t have game log like in quantum :-k
not in real time because sniper can take easy naq

after 2 h can be a good solution ?in this mode player can help admin

p.s this game really need block cheaters now ;)
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: maybe a good solution to block scripter

R0B3RT wrote:why we can.t have game log like in quantum :-k
not in real time because sniper can take easy naq

after 2 h can be a good solution ?in this mode player can help admin

p.s this game really need block cheaters now ;)
+1
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

whats the big difference i didnt really understand the first post?
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

The way I read the suggestion:
*** Interpretation ***
Robert suggests a Galactic Attack Log (Quantum/Newgrounds/Ascended Tournaments have these) in which all attacks by everyone are recorded and made visible to everyone.
He believes that this would make catching scripters and multis easier for players (it is not the role of the players, but with trust in the Administration finding and punishing cheaters having been damaged by inaction, that sentiment makes sense). Easier for the players; easier for admin.

To counter the people who would watch those logs and hit players who are farming, Robert suggests lagging the logs 2 hours (so 2 hours after the hit, the hit becomes visible in the log).

I could see a Galactic Attack Log, but don't agree with the motivation or supposed issue. Here's why.
While it is true that in the past 6 months admin presence has been less than it should have been, that 'era' is now over. As with 'IceBreaker', we take our time to verify if someone is in fact scripting or multiing; community consensus is not enough grounds for a ban. It is grounds for investigation though, and that is how we do it. Investigation AND decision rest with the Administration. Suspicion and reports from the players are welcome, but at this time, it does not seem fitting to provide GAL.

Galactic Attack Logs have several inherent weaknesses. They make farm lists publicly available, making all the work people put into compiling them worthless in an instant. This is why, if GAL were implemented, it would be a blind log, with the defender being censored.
Since knowing exactly when people are active is valuable information, the Administration feels implementing GAL in Main or Ascended (outside tournaments) is not a good idea for now.
We do continue to count on players to report what they perceive as suspicious behaviour, and in return expect our judgement to be respected, even if disagreed with.

Thank you for thinking along on making the game more fair.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Support wrote:The way I read the suggestion:
*** Interpretation ***
Robert suggests a Galactic Attack Log (Quantum/Newgrounds/Ascended Tournaments have these) in which all attacks by everyone are recorded and made visible to everyone.
He believes that this would make catching scripters and multis easier for players (it is not the role of the players, but with trust in the Administration finding and punishing cheaters having been damaged by inaction, that sentiment makes sense). Easier for the players; easier for admin.

To counter the people who would watch those logs and hit players who are farming, Robert suggests lagging the logs 2 hours (so 2 hours after the hit, the hit becomes visible in the log).

I could see a Galactic Attack Log, but don't agree with the motivation or supposed issue. Here's why.
While it is true that in the past 6 months admin presence has been less than it should have been, that 'era' is now over. As with 'IceBreaker', we take our time to verify if someone is in fact scripting or multiing; community consensus is not enough grounds for a ban. It is grounds for investigation though, and that is how we do it. Investigation AND decision rest with the Administration. Suspicion and reports from the players are welcome, but at this time, it does not seem fitting to provide GAL.

Galactic Attack Logs have several inherent weaknesses. They make farm lists publicly available, making all the work people put into compiling them worthless in an instant. This is why, if GAL were implemented, it would be a blind log, with the defender being censored.
Since knowing exactly when people are active is valuable information, the Administration feels implementing GAL in Main or Ascended (outside tournaments) is not a good idea for now.
We do continue to count on players to report what they perceive as suspicious behaviour, and in return expect our judgement to be respected, even if disagreed with.

Thank you for thinking along on making the game more fair.
This is all well and good, I'm sure we would be more than happy, IF the administration were putting in defences to ensure that the scripters are found and challenged accordingly.

Icebreaker was known for months to be scripting before he was challenged and let off with a warning. It took yet more scripting to ensure his place in the hall of fame as the only ever banned scripter.

Fundamentally speaking, you say it is not for the community to decide who they want to hang but instead the administration. Who in turn, do very little to protect those who play the game fair and square.

I think if you want us to be able to help you, then you need to seriously consider a GAL.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

I can still see this being completely abused. I can understand it for tournaments but in general I would have thought upgrading internal systems to catch cheats is a better idea.

In short - it's ok being a huge player and everyone know who your hitting , but I don't want my farm list in the open.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Welcome to the new age, I suppose.

To illustrate, just last night we have banned 6 multis. IceBreaker was the fourth scripter to be banned over the past 2 months.
Obviously we are not going to share the intricacies and technical details of scripter traps. :)
We check for multis weekly, and if found to be such, they get banned.

As explained, the role of the community is not 'actively hunting for suspicious individuals', but 'reporting suspicious behaviour' encountered during regular game play. You need not concern yourselves with bans, that is what we do.

The process is outlined here.

Field Marshall wrote:This is all well and good, I'm sure we would be more than happy, IF the administration were putting in defences to ensure that the scripters are found and challenged accordingly.

Icebreaker was known for months to be scripting before he was challenged and let off with a warning. It took yet more scripting to ensure his place in the hall of fame as the only ever banned scripter.

Fundamentally speaking, you say it is not for the community to decide who they want to hang but instead the administration. Who in turn, do very little to protect those who play the game fair and square.
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

also just wanted to state that i didnt mean my first to be offensive or anything
Merchant[LG+]
Fledgling Forumer

Yeah no I am with Support and Buck on this one.... that's like handing your farm list to people. Some people save their farm list ever ascension...which takes a lot of work mind you. For someone who is a big account or just don't care who they hit its fine but for everyone else it screws their hard work over.

Now if all the logs did for the public is show attacks(with no names just says this person attacked with the time) that might be fine while he real logs the admin can see. Though that could still be abused because then you could watch and see when a person was active...

So no matter what my vote is NO to the Server Wide Logs

Buff up security is all you can do and hope for the best. Better this then Majority of players losing their farm list and showing when they are active.
'It is Good that War is so Terrible or we might grow fond of it!'
Old Name (Lord of the Goauld)

Return to “Game Suggestions”