New players marked *TAG*

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Theon35
Forum Irregular

New players marked *TAG*

So the idea is, newly registered players are marked with a red sign like NEW or NOOB or something, for a small period of time.
This way they can be quickly spotted and recruited into an alliance, before they quit/go inactive.

What do you think?
Boa
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: New players marked

=D> =D> =D>
i think its good idea.
Spoiler
:smt043
billzebud™ wrote:yes indeed I did call you an idiot(at least twice in two different languages), because trying to talk to you is like talking to a wall.

Edit: damn sorry, I cant seem to help myself.... must. not. feed. the. troll........
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

thats cool
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
Theon35
Forum Irregular

The noob part is a joke on my side, but otherwise i think its a good idea - and can be done with little programming?
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

The coding is already there because new accounts can't take/lose planets for 30 days. Could be a nice idea though I fear there would be those that would especially target new players for fun.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Method Man
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): ~odin~, KJ, Mathlord, Enter The Lion, Pheonix, Rek, Pisoi, ~Da Vinci~, Jaden, Crankshaft, Jason, Kikaz, Flintlock, Les Enemis, Disturbed, Priller, Lord Katsumoto

Have another script attached with the same attacking limits as perg for the 30day period.

Doing it this way means

1, They cant be massed unless its a team effort
2, It stops Multis from being able to bug people with unascended accounts

For the second reason I would also make it set to 30 days logged in not just 30 day from sign up. Makes players want/have to play more to get rid of the limits and stops people just making accounts and waiting 30 days to cause trouble.
Click here for GW Calculators

Method Man wrote:
Maybe i am odin.. or odin is me.. and i am j3.. or j4 cant remeber how many J's there/i have been, and maybe i am the leader of all the main alliances and i am the one who sells the most naq and accounts in the game under a million proxies and i spend all day having conversations with myself. maybe there is only realy 2 people playing the whole game ... All the multiple me's and the one person who knows he isnt me.. would that be you? lol
NanoDrop wrote::smt105
:O that is some deep stuff lol
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Yeah I like it. That would restrict people attacking you and you attacking people. That seems fair. It might annoy a new person raiding though. So maybe make it 10 hits or something per person.
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
Method Man
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): ~odin~, KJ, Mathlord, Enter The Lion, Pheonix, Rek, Pisoi, ~Da Vinci~, Jaden, Crankshaft, Jason, Kikaz, Flintlock, Les Enemis, Disturbed, Priller, Lord Katsumoto

yeh that sounds like a decent number but that would mean taking out sab + lifer for the 30 days coz with 10 hits from either side you can do some damage.

Method Man wrote:
Maybe i am odin.. or odin is me.. and i am j3.. or j4 cant remeber how many J's there/i have been, and maybe i am the leader of all the main alliances and i am the one who sells the most naq and accounts in the game under a million proxies and i spend all day having conversations with myself. maybe there is only realy 2 people playing the whole game ... All the multiple me's and the one person who knows he isnt me.. would that be you? lol
Sol
Forum Addict

Everyone is agreeing on a suggestion, what happened? :shock:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Method Man
Fledgling Forumer

Sol wrote:Everyone is agreeing on a suggestion, what happened? :shock:
i guess some of us actually want the game to keep ticking and evolve

Method Man wrote:
Sol
Forum Addict

I can't think of any downside to the idea, except maybe people specifically targeting new players.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Boa
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:I can't think of any downside to the idea, except maybe people specifically targeting new players.

ok make it like the ascended where the army size has to be someone close
Spoiler
billzebud™ wrote:yes indeed I did call you an idiot(at least twice in two different languages), because trying to talk to you is like talking to a wall.

Edit: damn sorry, I cant seem to help myself.... must. not. feed. the. troll........
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Boa wrote:
Sol wrote:I can't think of any downside to the idea, except maybe people specifically targeting new players.

cmon are u rly that stupid? :D as in main is irrelevant
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
~wilco~
Forum Expert

D3ath wrote:
Boa wrote:

cmon are u rly that stupid? :D as in main is irrelevant
Boa the problem is u can broker uu away while u mass these defences. Remember these planets mean ppl can build massive strikes with cs built with so little uu.

I do like the idea of marking new players out the problem is trusting that they really are new players.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

New players already can't steal planets. Make it so that for the first month they can only hit specific accounts 10 times per day and another account can only hit them 10 times per day (number of 10 can vary). Kinda like perg except they can still interact with the rest of the game. That way targeting is a lot more difficult unless you get a gang of your friends to all hit the same small account.

@Death, do you really have to be a jerk in a suggestion thread?
Spoiler

---

Return to “Game Suggestions”