Alliance leader with forced vac mode powers

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Alliance leader with forced vac mode powers

Hey Peeps,

I can't find the old topic/s that mentioned having the IC ability to set a inactive member to vac mode at the cost of perhaps a % of the alliance bank. I was wondering if someone could enlighten me if an outcome was reached on that while I was away or did it slip into nothingness while I was away from the game last year? Or was it shut down while I was still around? (I can't remember lol).

I think this is a hugely important update that could help alliances.

1) Only the 1IC can set a member to vac mode if they have not logged in for 7 days?
2) Do activate this it will cost a % of the alliance bank, something decent to avoid it being done willy nilly...perhaps 15%?
3) It works just like regular vac mode although allow an altered message to appear in case the player logs in before the mandatory 48 hour vac mode kicks over so they know what happened.

I think that would be the basics of it, keeping it simple etc.

Odie
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Re: Alliance leader with forced vac mode powers

No, this suggestion is irreconcilable with account sovereignty.
No one but the owner of the account will have the ability to affect their account's activity state (i.e. whether or not they are on vacation mode).

If a player is not in a position to log in to their account due to circumstances, but can provide proof of ownership, they can request vacation mode be set by e-mail to gameadmin@gatewars.com - provided the regular conditions are met. A request from anyone but the account owner will not be executed.
~Odin~
Alföðr

So no middle ground regarding this issue could/might be met?
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

It seems like that's a no odie
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
T R U X
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: DDE

~Odin~ wrote:So no middle ground regarding this issue could/might be met?
a good middle ground for this would be to have the option for an emergency full PPT

The account must have PPTs left
This will use Market Turns like any other PPT (3 MTs like the button Does)
Person Must have given previous authority to the alliance leader by check box in account settings similar to the Accept Upgrades Bought by Others Accept? (checked for yes)
Can only be used by alliance leader
Can only be used once per week

I know sometime i need a little help as my timing suck for ppts so i would say your onto something here :D
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Not going to happen guys, It's far too easy to exploit/abuse and could easily mess with players schedules (more so than now) because we all know how some peeps like to troll :razz:

Anyway, at the end of the day the absolutely worse thing that could happen is the absent player gets massed and loses some planets, thats hardly the end of the world is it.

Support has explained the process for getting an account placed on vac should it be required.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

honestly i dont see how it can get abused? as the person has to be inactive for a whole week before anything can happen so in that week all his **Filtered** can be gone already, but i think it was a no before as well and i am not rly surprised its a no now again
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Probably need an alternate functionality. Why not just kick em out of the alliance? Downside is I guess the membership period is lost, can't see any other downside.

Potentially you could have an "alliance vac mode" option. That suspends alliance membership but when they logback in again automatically reinstated with their previous alliance permissions.

Just throwing it out there, can't see how externally applying vac mode is going to be done given the account sovereignty issues.
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
~Odin~
Alföðr

D3ath wrote:honestly i dont see how it can get abused?
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps a middle ground of forcing said week long inactive player to full crit and nox? I am just spit balling some idea's here that's all.
Spoiler
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well imo sovereignty also isnt a problem if you do that checkbox like someone mentioned in settings that you agree that your alliance leader can put your account on vac mode if you are inactive for a week or more

as that would be called trust and team work, cause all this game should be based on teamwork and not individuals as otherwise why we are having alliances? and why there is weps repairs in there? why is there ppts? doesnt it break the sovereignty of someones account? cause imo it sure as hell does that, especially with alliance ppts as if someone puts alliance on ppt it **Filtered** up my authority on my account and i cant go on vac mode for another 24h even though i had that planned and maybe had just another half hour till i could do that but now someone with ic powers in alliance removed that thing ability from me for another 24h.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Game Suggestions”