attack again button

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

attack again button

Can we get an attack again button in main as there is in ascended?

It's very useful particularly when playing on mobile.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

Re: attack again button

I agree, maybe overall interface update, especially for tablets and mobile.
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tauri
ID: 1916485

Wolerine is on to something, great Idea.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Norbe wrote:Can we get an attack again button in main as there is in ascended?

It's very useful particularly when playing on mobile.

~Norbe~
I'd appreciate it if you showed me what you mean by means of a screenshot. Thanks!
Norbe
Forum Elder

You can see it here on the battlelog page, next to the "Again" button.

It repeats the attack exactly, sending the same amount of turns, or units as the previous. this bypasses the "again" page and the need to retype/reselect the attack details. The button appears on recons, sabotage, DM/DI in fact all attack types have it.

If you run into nox, you get to this page, with a countdown timer and the same button:

Hope that helps.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Sol
Forum Addict

Oh snap, ascended ahead of main regarding technology? :shock:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Sol wrote:Oh snap, ascended ahead of main regarding technology? :shock:
I think we should not have it...

We could leave the repeat attack as an ascended tool because if ur ascended ur more advanced and therefore ur buttons should have additional tool like the repeat attack

In main we are normal - and we should have the normal attack...

If u want to avoid the attack again and then type - attack them using the picture tab on alliance listing... Where u can either spy attack or raid with a simple button...

Just spam the pictures on the mobile device and press back on the phone to the armoury tab :)
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Norbe
Forum Elder

harchester wrote:
Sol wrote:Oh snap, ascended ahead of main regarding technology? :shock:
I think we should not have it...

We could leave the repeat attack as an ascended tool because if ur ascended ur more advanced and therefore ur buttons should have additional tool like the repeat attack

In main we are normal - and we should have the normal attack...

If u want to avoid the attack again and then type - attack them using the picture tab on alliance listing... Where u can either spy attack or raid with a simple button...

Just spam the pictures on the mobile device and press back on the phone to the armoury tab :)
The normal attack will still be there, in fact you have to use it to make the first hit.

If you don't have a giant phone, those quick attack buttons are useless, you hit the wrong one most of the time (or at least I do). The interface is not equipped for mobile handling really.

A lot of browsers, including mobile ones, don't like the 'back' button being used and give errors due to the _POST data resend.

~Norbe~
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

Wouldn't be that hard, just use a browser referral LINK to check whether it is a mobile device or a pc/laptop/other, then create a base template for both, voila... it's easier said than done though...

I do understand, however the back-end is (technical wise), that it would mean some major changes for a mobile part.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Wolverine_nl wrote:Wouldn't be that hard, just use a browser referral LINK to check whether it is a mobile device or a pc/laptop/other, then create a base template for both, voila... it's easier said than done though...

I do understand, however the back-end is (technical wise), that it would mean some major changes for a mobile part.
imo backend doesnt have to change much or at all as its the front end which needs changing as people need another design layout with probably different buttons :) but its probably easier to just rewrite whole framework like they were doing for quantum than to start doing something with this code.

also that point about back button and post data being resent i dont see a problem here at all and its even can be used as advantage cause whenever they ask u for confirmation or showing that error u just need to accept it and same data will be sent working the same as that again button, or if u dont need it then u can just click back button once more and u will be taken to the same page before u entered anything in any input boxes.

anyways i aint against this update as i would like to see at least something done and this doesnt sound a gamebreaker feature :) and maybe it will do the same job it does on ascended, help mass more targets through nox at same time
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

This might be a bit of a nerd post, if you don't understand it, don't worry, there's no need for you to.

Regarding front end changes; for Quantum, we are (among a number of other things) testing the use of templating.
Among other things, this can allow a lot more -admin-friendly- adaptability regarding different devices (although to be honest, 'giant phones', really? I mean.. really?) and attempt to provide some protection against Chrome's bountiful abuse-features.

I swear, that goddamned abomination is built to abuse everything. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!
Turns out this wasn't that much of a nerd post. If you understood, don't applaud yourself, it means nothing.

Return to “Game Suggestions”