Tourneys

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Tourneys

Given how popular Tourneys are on ascended why not a main counterpart? With a similar structure ie mirror accounts and levelled stats.

or maybe a yearly championship, 1v1
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Re: Tourneys

A familiar discussion. I understand the logic. Glad you are thinking along, it is most appreciated. :smt023

However, if you want to play a tournament server, play Quantum (quarterly resets, prizes for Quantum and Main, circulating themes and -now- a story arc) or make a compelling case why Chaos should be restored (yearly resets).

Main will not have tournaments other than the ones you organise amongst yourselves (i.e. raiding competitions, massing competitions, races to the next covert level or MS/UP milestone, or whatever your vast imaginations can certainly conjure). If you're thinking about more team-play, between alliances one could consider the Bloodwar a tournament.
The argument that "You would use your own Main account" is moot given the extravagant measures tournaments on Ascended required in the area of 'leveling the playing field', essentially stripping accounts bare of their uniqueness. :-) Along a similar vein, I have mentioned achievements, the (fair) development of which remains a challenge given the lengthy history of accounts currently in play.

So in summary, understandable suggestion, but there are already several options to the same effect at your disposal, and the benefits can not compare to the cost.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Re: Tourneys

~NyX~ wrote:Given how popular Tourneys are on ascended why not a main counterpart? With a similar structure ie mirror accounts and levelled stats.

or maybe a yearly championship, 1v1
actualy they arent popular there any more :) they were when it was new, but now its not popular, lately seen most of the tourneys dont even get 10 players or around 10 players in them, and now 1vs1 got only 24 players in which isnt much as well. And the most popular tourney is plague one, and those also seen a decline in popularity.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Game Suggestions”