ONE ALLIANCE TO RULE THEM ALL???

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

What do you think???

One great alliance with all the game's active members sounds like a good idea.
2%
One great alliance with all the game's active members sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
18%
Two great alliances (1 light, 1 dark) with all the game's active members sounds like a good idea.
10%
Two great alliances (1 light, 1 dark) with all the game's active members sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
18%
Automatically disbanding old, inactive alliances sounds like a good idea.
10%
Automatically disbanding old, inactive alliances sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
8%
Displaying the date of a player's last log-in in order to determine if they are active or not sounds like a good idea.
10%
Displaying the date of a player's last log-in in order to determine if they are active or not sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
10%
All these ideas are complete and utter **Filtered**, and I have no bloody idea what on Earth I'm talking about. lol
13%

Total votes: 60
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Re: ONE ALLIANCE TO RULE THEM ALL???

~NyX~ wrote:
Mental wrote:GREY POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!
50 Shades?
50 shades of **Filtered**?
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

TL;DR - Keep brainstorming, these ideas a little weak tho. Let's add campaigns!

I like that you are brainstorming and daydreaming, and a bit of poking and prodding could be something.

I think all that needs to be done is implementing a little more transparency and resolution to wars. Kind of like how blood wars are implemented. In all honesty the constant notification you are about to enter a blood war is frustrating, and prevents blood wars a lot.

I think it would be sweet for the idea of a "Campaign" to be introduced. I wrapped my campaign idea in spoiler as I am going to throw it in a new topic and it is a bit long winded:
[spoiler]Any alliance leader (or individual) can define a campaign, you have campaign leader (alliance and by extension that alliances leadership control the campaign). The campaign has a set goal, and time frame and goals can only be changed after 48 hours or something (to help allow for treaties and agreements to shape the campaign).

Campaign goals can be like "Alliance disbands, 1Q Campaign loot etc"

You can set things that allow any alliance to join campaign, and campaign drains all the naq (kind of like alliance levies are currently done).

Being part of a victorious campaign gives all participants insignia to be displayed on their account page. Would be cool to have medals etc associated with the campaigns too. Might be too drastic a change, but would add a lot of cool things to see what campaigns people have been part of.

How I see the main idea of the campaign that all actions by campaign members contributes to a resource pool. So all attacks on the defined enemy drain 10% of the retrieved naq/uu into the resource pool. At the end of the campaign the resource pool is then allocated to the members as defined by the campaign leaders. This needs some form of control, but the general idea is that you can set up campaigns based on total farm values (1q naq pool total) so the campaign automatically ends when the resource pool hits the campaign target.

I think campaigns should also include the ability for both parties to agree to peace treaties etc that (if agreed upon) enforce a peace treaty between all members, as well as default war settings between members to prevent nox abuse.

I have a bunch of other ideas for this campaign business, but never really thought to suggest it as the game is starting to wither a little.[/spoiler]

I love the idea of the houses as they are though, and would be interesting to see all the houses fall into 2 (or ideally 3) factions, and you get bonuses against other factions or something. Would be hard to get the balance right though, but worth a continued discussion.
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

Thanks everyone for commenting and voting.

It seems most don't like the idea of ONE great alliance with all the game's active players. But some do like the idea of TWO great alliances (1 light, 1 dark) with all the game's active players.

I just had an additional thought that I decided to post that I hadn't considered before:

What about THREE great alliances with all the game's active players?
(1 light, 1 dark, and 1 NEUTRAL)

Just a thought.

It would seem we still need to wait for more votes on the other ideas to get a good picture on what players want vis-a-vis old alliances and 'last log-in' times.

Perhaps someone could direct Juliette to this thread so she can have a look and maybe suggest some of these ideas to Jason. :)

PS. Does anyone know what this 'Ascension' thing is that is happening on the 6th?

Thanks.
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

SEBASTIAN wrote:Thanks everyone for commenting and voting.

It seems most don't like the idea of ONE great alliance with all the game's active players. But some do like the idea of TWO great alliances (1 light, 1 dark) with all the game's active players.

I just had an additional thought that I decided to post that I hadn't considered before:

What about THREE great alliances with all the game's active players?
(1 light, 1 dark, and 1 NEUTRAL)

Just a thought.

It would seem we still need to wait for more votes on the other ideas to get a good picture on what players want vis-a-vis old alliances and 'last log-in' times.

Perhaps someone could direct Juliette to this thread so she can have a look and maybe suggest some of these ideas to Jason. :)

PS. Does anyone know what this 'Ascension' thing is that is happening on the 6th?

Thanks.
Jason left the building years ago, and atm we practically have the 3 empire thing anyway with OE, TF/TAF and DDE.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

seabastion ur cooked mate.. for obvious reasons these are all terrible ideas...

unless you wanna alll make one super alliance and i'll stay out and mass it :D

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
HiteiKan2
Forum Newbie
Alliance: None
ID: 76933
Alternate name(s): ~Tyler Durden~

~NyX~ wrote:Jason left the building years ago, and atm we practically have the 3 empire thing anyway with OE, TF/TAF and DDE.
I don`t mean to hijack this thread or anything, but Jason left? I've been away for quiet some time. Who`s running the game then?
Tribulation
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Olympus
ID: 0

HiteiKan2 wrote:
~NyX~ wrote:Jason left the building years ago, and atm we practically have the 3 empire thing anyway with OE, TF/TAF and DDE.
I don`t mean to hijack this thread or anything, but Jason left? I've been away for quiet some time. Who`s running the game then?
We have two people who are active. Juliette :smt060 , who handles everything from forum, to main and ascended issues, bugs, glitches and account issues. And Sol, who handles a lot of Ascended tourny's and updates.
Old sigs
Spoiler
HiteiKan2
Forum Newbie
Alliance: None
ID: 76933
Alternate name(s): ~Tyler Durden~

The Tribulation wrote:
HiteiKan2 wrote:
We have two people who are active. Juliette :smt060 , who handles everything from forum, to main and ascended issues, bugs, glitches and account issues. And Sol, who handles a lot of Ascended tourny's and updates.
Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

redstorm wrote:I vote for Harchi to run the light alliance and Kik to run the dark alliance when he comes back. Then they each get to pick active players in turn until they have filled out there teams run it as a tournament winning team gets 100 trill naq per player or 50k turns or something....
Lol
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year

Return to “Game Suggestions”