ONE ALLIANCE TO RULE THEM ALL???

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

What do you think???

One great alliance with all the game's active members sounds like a good idea.
2%
One great alliance with all the game's active members sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
18%
Two great alliances (1 light, 1 dark) with all the game's active members sounds like a good idea.
10%
Two great alliances (1 light, 1 dark) with all the game's active members sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
18%
Automatically disbanding old, inactive alliances sounds like a good idea.
10%
Automatically disbanding old, inactive alliances sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
8%
Displaying the date of a player's last log-in in order to determine if they are active or not sounds like a good idea.
10%
Displaying the date of a player's last log-in in order to determine if they are active or not sounds like a **Filtered** idea.
10%
All these ideas are complete and utter **Filtered**, and I have no bloody idea what on Earth I'm talking about. lol
13%

Total votes: 60
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

ONE ALLIANCE TO RULE THEM ALL???

This is intended to be an idea for everyone to consider.

I was brainstorming (daydreaming) as always and had a thought...

Considering the following:

[*]This game is 10 years old.

[*]It has fallen into virtual inactivity (apparently).

[*]I have returned for the 2nd time (and I think I speak for many others when I say that even though we may become bored with GW every 2 or 3 years, and decide to leave or quit, a few years later our interest becomes renewed and we tend to return out of nostalgia or because the gameplay is so unique and we see it's potential and it's beauty).

[*]And that it is very difficult to know how many active players there still are, or IF a specific player IS active (I don't trust the '### Players On!' notification in the sidebar below the 'Personal Log' link, it has said approximately 120 ever since I can remember) lol.

I was thinking that maybe it might be a good idea to create a brand new alliance composed of PRETTY-MUCH EVERY ACTIVE player in the whole game.

That way we would ALL get a lot more out of the game. We would all be talking and communicating with each other more, and would make a lot of new friends, and I think it would make the game a lot more engaging and fun.

We could create a brand-new forum for this alliance if we felt we needed to.

I think the only condition we should have in order to be a member is simply ACTIVITY. Whether you log-on every day, or once a month, so long as you ACTIVELY play GW (on any or all of the servers).

For this idea to actually work, it would pretty much require the dissolution of all alliances (that still have active members). But considering the state of the game, I think for the first time ever it might just be worth it.

Let's say (hypothetically) that this idea worked perfectly. It would mean that ANYONE not in the alliance could be considered inactive (with a very high degree of certainty), which would mean farming for naq/uu or planet stealing could be undertaken with virtually no risk of retaliation. Not to mention that EVERYONE's farming lists could be expanded significantly.

Another possible idea (because I know there are alot of players that enjoy warring) is instead of funneling all active players into one great alliance as I've outlined above, perhaps it could be better if we created 2 new alliances;

One that is composed of good, light, righteous players.
&
One that is composed of bad, dark, evil players.

(The Tauri Alliance and the Dark Dominium Empire of old come to mind). lol

These TWO great alliances could periodically engage in wars for fun and entertainment and competition.

This could still result in many of the benefits outlined above in the first idea, because you'd know that if a player was not in your alliance, nor the other alliance, they're almost certainly inactive.

Would really like to know what everyone else thinks.

Another idea I had is more for the consideration of admin than us really:

[*]When a single player creates a new alliance there is a notice that 'Alliances over 60 days old with under 5 members are deleted', well I think that any alliance that has not had a single member log-in within the last year (or 6 months, or 3 months, ect.) ought to be automatically disbanded.

Just a thought to help clear the clutter out of the list of alliances that is approximately 277 long right now. I'd bet more than 90% of these alliances are ancient and completely inactive. lol

PS. It would be SOOOO helpful if there was a way to see the last time a player logged in to their account. Perhaps in the rankings, before you hit the attack, raid or spy buttons. lol (Currently the only thing that even comes close to being able to tell if an account is active or not is to spy them and see if they have 5000 turns, but of course this is no gaurentee.)
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Re: ONE ALLIANCE TO RULE THEM ALL???

Most ridiculous thing I've ever read...

1) people don't team with someone they don't like...

I wouldn't help any player I didn't like

With everyone in an alliance how can u farm? Because there is a lot of people in various different alliances who are deemed active excellent farms.

Also what about pissin people off - I want to annoy someone how can I farm them by upping my agressive play by farming them or random massing against them how would this be managed?

nowadays there is a few accounts that can single handed take down an alliance and keep them down...

You should be friends with mental - he is filled with bad / dirty thoughts
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

lol thats hilarious :D btw u can see persons activity in alliance management page, ofcourse its only your own alliance members, but this game is nto for sim city players were everyone is friends :D

would say most of these ideas were **Filtered** :D the only good idea is to disband old inactive alliances even if they have more than 5 players :)
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Interesting idea.... couple things tho if there are only 2 alliances there would always be war between them. They would fall apart because of command.

As far as the inactive thing. I don't really see a point if there inactive you can tell. And all it would do is make it easier for scripts to pick out the accounts that are inactive and therefor be less likely to be caught.

I do like the idea of having a light and a dark alliance. Maybe would be a cool idea for a main touny?

As far as disbanding inactive alliances I think it's a great idea. Would be nice to clean up the alliance page. And would open up them names to be taken
Spoiler
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

It's easy to tell if an account is active or not, it's stats change. It either repairs weps, rebuilds units, msgs you or masses you when you farm it.

I like the old alliances in game, gives a sense of the history of the game, the names of those who grew from the fires of war to dwindle away into the farms they are today.

As for Light v Dark, you can already RP that in game, hell you can just jump into one of the existing houses in game and have a nice good v bad fight with auto war. Or take it one step further and go into bloodwar.

As for lumping every 'active' player into one of two alliances..... you instantly half the active player base you can interact with :smt078
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

I am a history buff so the disbanding of old alliances is not one I agree with, especially if it was a significant one in game.

you'd have to factor in the age and past activeness of it too,

besides inactive alliances are a quick way to add to your farmlist in no time :D
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

I vote for Harchi to run the light alliance and Kik to run the dark alliance when he comes back. Then they each get to pick active players in turn until they have filled out there teams run it as a tournament winning team gets 100 trill naq per player or 50k turns or something....
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

it would be cool maybe in the house bonus having like the basic bonus it is now and then you choose the light or dark path and each one give you just a little bit of a bonus

EXAMPLE: Disciples of Osiris (Shadow) 8% bonus to Covert Action light +2% (10% total) dark +1% weps destroyed on sabs (8% cov increase and the 1% destroyed)

i think this would be a great idea :)
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Phobetor wrote:it would be cool maybe in the house bonus having like the basic bonus it is now and then you choose the light or dark path and each one give you just a little bit of a bonus

EXAMPLE: Disciples of Osiris (Shadow) 8% bonus to Covert Action light +2% (10% total) dark +1% weps destroyed on sabs (8% cov increase and the 1% destroyed)

This is why you have no friends xxx
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

harchester wrote:
Phobetor wrote:it would be cool maybe in the house bonus having like the basic bonus it is now and then you choose the light or dark path and each one give you just a little bit of a bonus

wow... rude... and very hurtful.... :smt022
Spoiler
CC90
Forum Expert
Alliance: Endgame
Race: System Lord
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): The Millenium, ~CLOUD~, ~Ragnarok, OMA SEIKU

Phobetor wrote:
harchester wrote:

But true :smt025
22:00:43 Colonel Jack Oneill -Rob Merkley: ok, Well there you have it I suck and am a noob, ill leave the fighting to you mightly mutha **Filtered**Image
harchester wrote: Harch - no more massing from me ;)
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

CC90 wrote:
Phobetor wrote:
harchester wrote:

But true :smt025
shut up. nobody cares about anything you say. :smt025
Spoiler
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

GREY POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Mental wrote:GREY POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!
50 Shades?

@Redstorm, no good putting Harchicans in charge of an alliance, he has trouble remembering which one he is in and which one he is trying to control at the best of times.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Unsterblich
Forum Irregular
Alliance: SS
Race: ORI
ID: 2090

The results so far looks promising
For every DDE action there is an equal and opposite SS reaction.

Return to “Game Suggestions”