Maximum Possible Population

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

Do you support this idea?

Yea.
10%
Nea.
19%
Don't care either way.
10%
Seb, you're an idiot!
62%

Total votes: 21
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

Maximum Possible Population

I think that the maximum possible population ought to be 1,000,000,000 (or 999,999,999).

I think this is a nice round number and something cool to aim for.

I also think how you get there shouldn't be restricted in any way (ie. no more raiding/black market/trading caps.), if you want to get there by raiding a billion UUs, or buying them, or trading for them, or any combination thereof, it should be up to you.

I also think that the idea of a plague breaking out once the limit is reached isn't ideal. I would want to feel safe acquiring UUs all the way up to the maximum without having to fear losing a lot if I accidentally hit the limit and always having to be careful of keeping it just under the limit.

I think maybe a better idea would be to justify the maximum by saying something like 'the resources of your home planet cannot support a higher population'.

And therefor your natural daily UP just stops working (I think this would lead to players growing their population to around 990m so that their UP keeps functioning, and just selling 10m UUs at a time whenever they hit the maximum).

What do you guys think?
(Note: if your total population size is greater than 786,164,384 disease will surely strike your lands.
Above 589,623,288 total population, raiding and black market purchases are no longer possible.
Above 393,082,192 total population, trading for units is no longer possible.
Pergatory is not accessible above 58,962,329, and will forcefully eject you above 78,616,438
Current trades count towards these limits.)
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Maximum Possible Population

I think I went 800 mill over that in 2011.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

Kikaz wrote:I think I went 800 mill over that in 2011.
What do you mean?
Do you mean 1,800,000,000 ?
How would that be possible?
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Enough unit production to negate plague.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

i went your an idiot... soz xoxo

since jules fixed the army boosting situation, maximum you can buy or raid or otherwise upto is 600mil. everything above that (not including mercs) has to be earned through pure UP.
adding into that, you have plague at some 800mil... thus needing a very nice UP to even get to 1bil.
Everyone who gets above that will need to invest ALOT into UP to keep that amount, invest that much into UP and you should reap the benifits...

start capping army at a max and you might as well say no one can build a defence or attack over X amount and no MS can be bigger than blah blah... you get the drift.

theres mechanics in place to heavily reduce armies of that size, work it, and you should be allowed to flaunt it

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

lol sorry but its really a stupid idea :D and well i would say we should go for a your an idiot option here :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

SEBASTIAN wrote:
Kikaz wrote:I think I went 800 mill over that in 2011.
What do you mean?
Do you mean 1,800,000,000 ?
How would that be possible?
Why yes I mean, my raw army size without mercenaries was indeed at 1,800,000,000.

Yes, that number is correct 800 million over 1 billion is 1 billion and eight hundred million. Very good.

So when you are 18 years old and have been playing this game since you were 11 years old, and you make about 60 grand in 6 months.. the most money you've ever had in your life.. (Well me at least) You end up spending a lot of money on things you don't really need.

Some of those things I didn't really need but really thought I did was a huge mothership, nice shiny covert levels and a huge unit production with 10 duals that had unit production as one of the attributes..

So somehow after blowing all this money into the game I was beating this thing called plague, and I was beating it soo hard... This plague was designed to like just crush your spirits, and I wasn't having it.

So as this plague is doubling in force every 200 million units your above it there hit a point where my massive Unit Production stopped growing and the plague matched it..

I hit 1.8 billion army and guess what?

The game capped itself..

You see to go bigger than 19 million total UP (something like 3.5m raw and 10x 1.7m UP planets) costs a lot of freaking money.. and it would not be an instant huge army. (Note I was bigger UP with officers but an update was released because of this that said commanders above plague received no UP reward.)

You would have to literally not do anything except PPT, bank and train for several months while you grew that big.

But nevertheless, if your beating the plague it's because you've invested alot to counter it, and there's been players bigger than it since it came out.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Kikaz wrote: You see to go bigger than 19 million total UP (something like 3.5m raw and 10x 1.7m UP planets) costs a lot of freaking money.. and it would not be an instant huge army. (Note I was bigger UP with officers but an update was released because of this that said commanders above plague received no UP reward.)
being self commander still gets you a 25% boost of your raw UP :P
im sitting pretty on 12m UP atm... but above that seems irrelevant cost/gain ratio... for now

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%

Return to “Game Suggestions”