NEW ASCENDED TITLES

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

Do you want the ascended titles to be changed?

Yea
38%
Nea
62%

Total votes: 21
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

NEW ASCENDED TITLES

Okay, so I know this topic has come up from time to time in the past, but I just had to bring it up again due to the recent additions of ascension levels 24 & 25.

I AM BEGGING ADMIN TO CHANGE THE ASCENSION TITLES TO SOMETHING BETTER!!!
(Even if you think MY suggestions are S***, for the love of god, please change the current ones!!!)

The current list of ascension titles reeks of continual, periodic additions.

Below is the current list which I have color-coded to illustrate this obvious group-like quality.

01. Prior
02. Prophet
03. Messiah
04. Incarnate
05. Living God
06. Living God + 1 (BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!!)
07. Living God + 2 (BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!!)
08. Living God + 3 (BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!!)
09. Living God + 4 (BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!!)
10. Ancient God
11. Elder Ancient God
12. Ancient God of Legend
13. Immortal Ancient God
14. Timeless Ancient God
15. Prince of Timeless Ancient Gods
16. Lord of Timeless Ancient Gods (In a monarchy, since when is a 'Lord' above a 'Prince' ?)
17. Queen of Timeless Ancient Gods
18. King of Timeless Ancient Gods
19. God of the Ancient Gods
20. Origin of Existence
21. UnSpeakable (Crappiest hard-earned title EVER!)
22. UnNamed (Crappiest hard-earned title EVER!)
23. UnKnown (Crappiest hard-earned title EVER!)
24. UnRevealed (Crappiest hard-earned title EVER!)
25. UnEnding (Okay, I get the reference, but "Eternal" still sounds better!)

I think a complete overhall of the entire list is desperately needed!

I think that each title ought to be a SINGLE adjective (possibly preceded by 'The') followed by 'of the AJNA/INDU/ORI/TOLAH'.

I think maybe the few active players left in the game should get to vote on what each ascension level is entitled.

I did a quick google search for synonyms of 'godlike' and compiled the following list in about 5 minutes (So I'm sure, with a bit more effort, even better adjectives could be found and submitted for our consideration.).

Almightly
Astral
Beatific
Bionic
Boundless
Celestial
Divine
Eternal
Ethereal
Everlasting
Faultless
Flawless
Glorified
Godlike
Godly
Hallowed
Immaculate
Immortal
Infinite
Invincible
Limitless
Mysterious
Otherworldly
Preternatural
Sovereign
Supernatural
Supreme
Transcendental
Transmundane
Unlimited
Unrestricted
Venerable
YummyBunny lol

Although I do have 1 caveat;
I think the best possible attribute is OMNIPOTENCE. So I think the top 3 titles ought to be:

23. The Omnipresent of the
24. The Omniscient of the
25. The Omnipotent of the

PS. I don't know where Jason got AJNA, INDU or TOLAH from (ORI is obvious), but perhaps the 4 great races would be better (ie. ANCIENTS, ASGARD, NOX, FURLINGS), or maybe, since in the tv show the ascended beings are basically split into good and evil it should just be ANCIENTS & ORI.

PPS. One thing's for sure, since gods are typically GENDERLESS, titles like PRINCE, QUEEN and KING shouldn't be included!
Last edited by SilverStaff on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Game Over
Forum Elite

Re: NEW ASCENDED TITLES

No. ](*,)
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

I agree especially the LG ones and "unknown"

why not a demi god or an Empress/Emporor lvl

think there are a couple of previous threads about this
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

Conqueror of the new world shouldnt be in your list Seb. Lol 20th ascension is Origin of existence.
The new world is New Grounds you get Conqueror when you reach level 20 there and ascend as a god to main so Conqueror fits pretty well.
As to changing them maybe change lg +1 etc stopped a lot of players playing or carrying on
The rest no
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

I agree with LG+1 range changing, but I also believe you should be able to set your ascension title anyway such as even though I am 24 I can choose title of 20 or 10 if I want but I know that won't work as it has been suggested before.
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

Ajna
One word summary of race: Power. The Ajna are the oldest ascended race. They value personal growth, and have a strong life force. Their members have come from a diverse past, including the Ancients, Oannes, Reolo, water lifeforms, and many other races (some long extinct on the physical plane) over the millenium. These would be called a balanced ascended race, although their interest and skills in battle are limited since they concentrate more on self improvement through focus and dedication opposed to power through conquest.
Tolah
One word summary of race: Warrior. The Tolah are still warriors, even in their ascended state. They are a relatively young ascended race,and most have come from the races of the Jaffa, Tauri, Tok'ra, Langarans, Unas and Re'Tu.They have a weaker life force,although are very quick to draw energy from the world around them, allowing for a quicker personal growth. They sit generally on the side of good and peace, although evil and vice still exist within them.
Indu
One word summary of race: Mystic. The Indu are generally elder spirits, then ascended. Their ranks are mostly from the races of the Tollan, Nox, the Spirits of Salish, and other mystic races. They have a very strong life force, and are also very quick to draw energy from the world around them, being in tune with the cosmos at a spiritual level. They sit firmly on the side of good and peace, and as such are not skilled at attack and force, but can and do defend well if attacked.
Ori
One word summary of race: Evil. The Ori are also an old race, but it is thier unique ideals that really separate them. They value control, view themselves as superior, and have no concept of mercy, patience or tolerance. In short - they are evil dominators, who use whatever methods they see fit to accomplish their goals. And those goals are domination of the known planes of existence. You will find most of the Ori come from past races such as the Goa'uld, Ashen, Eurondans, the Wraith or even the most advanced of the Replicators'(yes - they overcame the limitations of 'soul energy' through energy manipulation, and a few ascended instead of perished.) These beings are strong, and focused on conquest. They sacrifice energy harmony with the environment around them, and also do not value internal growth. They are therefore slower to grow personally, although most adept at taking what they want.

Your welcome
:smt056
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie

redstorm wrote:Conqueror of the new world shouldnt be in your list Seb. Lol 20th ascension is Origin of existence.
The new world is New Grounds you get Conqueror when you reach level 20 there and ascend as a god to main so Conqueror fits pretty well.
As to changing them maybe change lg +1 etc stopped a lot of players playing or carrying on
The rest no
Thankyou for the clarification. I was under the impression that it had simply replaced the old Origin of Existence title. Original post edited. :)
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie

redstorm wrote:Ajna
One word summary of race: Power. The Ajna are the oldest ascended race. They value personal growth, and have a strong life force. Their members have come from a diverse past, including the Ancients, Oannes, Reolo, water lifeforms, and many other races (some long extinct on the physical plane) over the millenium. These would be called a balanced ascended race, although their interest and skills in battle are limited since they concentrate more on self improvement through focus and dedication opposed to power through conquest.
Tolah
One word summary of race: Warrior. The Tolah are still warriors, even in their ascended state. They are a relatively young ascended race,and most have come from the races of the Jaffa, Tauri, Tok'ra, Langarans, Unas and Re'Tu.They have a weaker life force,although are very quick to draw energy from the world around them, allowing for a quicker personal growth. They sit generally on the side of good and peace, although evil and vice still exist within them.
Indu
One word summary of race: Mystic. The Indu are generally elder spirits, then ascended. Their ranks are mostly from the races of the Tollan, Nox, the Spirits of Salish, and other mystic races. They have a very strong life force, and are also very quick to draw energy from the world around them, being in tune with the cosmos at a spiritual level. They sit firmly on the side of good and peace, and as such are not skilled at attack and force, but can and do defend well if attacked.
Ori
One word summary of race: Evil. The Ori are also an old race, but it is thier unique ideals that really separate them. They value control, view themselves as superior, and have no concept of mercy, patience or tolerance. In short - they are evil dominators, who use whatever methods they see fit to accomplish their goals. And those goals are domination of the known planes of existence. You will find most of the Ori come from past races such as the Goa'uld, Ashen, Eurondans, the Wraith or even the most advanced of the Replicators'(yes - they overcame the limitations of 'soul energy' through energy manipulation, and a few ascended instead of perished.) These beings are strong, and focused on conquest. They sacrifice energy harmony with the environment around them, and also do not value internal growth. They are therefore slower to grow personally, although most adept at taking what they want.

Your welcome
Ummm, thankyou?

I already had this information, my point was; Where did Jason get these four names/classifications from? Not the tv show!
~Douglas Adams~
~Ayn Rand~
~Edmund Burke~
~Thomas Jefferson~
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

SEBASTIAN wrote:
Tolah
Indu
Ori

Your welcome
Ummm, thankyou?

I already had this information, my point was; Where did Jason get these four names/classifications from? Not the tv show!
Is great knowledge, power, understanding not enough for you to revere the Ori? :smt064
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie

Come on, guys!
A lot more than just the 'Living God' titles suck!
They almost all suck!
Besides, wouldn't it just be simpler to have a one-word adjective in each title?

eg:

01. The Mysterious of the AJNA
02. The Venerable of the AJNA
03. The Ethereal of the AJNA
04. The Beatific of the AJNA
05. The Supernatural of the AJNA
06. The Transcendental of the AJNA
07. The Glorified of the AJNA
08. The Otherworldly of the AJNA
09. The Boundless of the AJNA
10. The Hallowed of the AJNA
11. The Divine of the AJNA
12. The Celestial of the AJNA
13. The Godlike of the AJNA
14. The Almightly of the AJNA
15. The Everlasting of the AJNA
16. The Faultless of the AJNA
17. The Flawless of the AJNA
18. The Limitless of the AJNA
19. The Supreme of the AJNA
20. The Sovereign of the AJNA
21. The Immortal of the AJNA
22. The Invincible of the AJNA
23. The Omnipresent of the AJNA
24. The Omniscient of the AJNA
25. The Omnipotent of the AJNA

Aren't one-adjective titles like these so much simpler than mouth-fulls such as:
God of the Ancient Gods of the AJNA :O~
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." ~Leonardo da Vinci~
~Douglas Adams~
~Ayn Rand~
~Edmund Burke~
~Thomas Jefferson~
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie

Mental wrote:
SEBASTIAN wrote:
Tolah
Indu
Ori

Your welcome
Ummm, thankyou?

Is great knowledge, power, understanding not enough for you to revere the Ori? :smt064
lol
Remind me again what happened to the Ori at the end of season 10 of Stargate SG-1?
:P
~Douglas Adams~
~Ayn Rand~
~Edmund Burke~
~Thomas Jefferson~
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
ombre
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Searching for
Race: Ori
ID: 0

I am sorry, but your proposals are even more crappy compare to the ascended names we have now. In my opinion they are quite good.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

only issue with them now (undecided on the new titles) is the LG being 5 of the same so can't tell which you're on
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

I still think we should be able to select what title shows under our name assuming we have actually reached it or exceeded it obviously.

:smt047
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

only if spying would show what level one is at. Otherwise you don't know what % AB, what bonus etc you are against

Return to “Game Suggestions”