New ground multi rule change

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

New ground multi rule change

Right so as the rule stands you are only aloud to ascend one ng multi ever!!
The rule was put in place to stop a ng multi factory system happening

But with many of us returning to the game after years away I like many others no longer have a decent account
(my ng multi being given away when I left along with my old main account4-5 years ago)

So I would like a alteration to the rule allowing people to make a 2nd new ng account and ascend it to main so long as they don't have a ng main already
Last edited by dark lord tacoma on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Re: New ground multi rule change

I think you should ban this hobo farmer from wales for cheating.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

Loki™ wrote:I think you should ban this hobo farmer from wales for cheating.
+1
Spoiler
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite

Angnoch wrote:
+1

Thanks guys much appreciated but was kinda hoping to get some imput on my proposal :smt090
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

Eärendil
Forum Deity
Race: Forum Diety
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I think that it should be OK depending on if the accounts share an IP.

As in one ng multi active at a time per IP type situation maybe.

Do not let my post count fool you, I still don't care what you think that you know.
“You get what anybody gets - you get a lifetime"
Spoiler

Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

My understanding for the rule is that if you sell an NG-Main you must sell the NG server account, the NG-Main, and (if there is) the NG-Ascended, all together.

Once that is done, you no longer have any NG and can start the NG server again from scratch.

The problem was people selling the NG-Main, but keeping hold of the NG server account, which is the root account. Then starting NG again anyway. That is illegal as you've got multiple accounts on the NG server.

So in Tacoma's case, if he still has control of the account on the NG server itself, then he cannot make a new one.

Is this not the case?
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Partially correct.
Ad 1. Yes. Very glad that rule is clear. ^_^
Ad 2. No, you can only ascend a single NG account from New Grounds to Main.
Ad 3. While correct in describing part of the problem, the problem as a whole was people taking the 3 weeks it took to ascend from 0 through 20 on NG and selling up, repeatedly; causing NG to become an account factory. This problem was first treated at the symptom (restricting everyone to being able to only ascend ONE account from NG to Main), with subsequent updates targeting the underlying issue (that with the minimal effort and time required, the NG-Main was comparatively too generous a reward).

Tacoma's proposal refers to being allowed to ascend only one account from NG to Main ever. On account of the server being 5 years old, with many of the earliest ascenders having sold their NG-chain. Upon returning to the game, some find themselves desiring an NG-Main, but with the account factories starved and no way to ascend a new account .. well, you see how this proposal came about. :)

Norbe wrote:1. My understanding for the rule is that if you sell an NG-Main you must sell the NG server account, the NG-Main, and (if there is) the NG-Ascended, all together.

2. Once that is done, you no longer have any NG and can start the NG server again from scratch.

3. The problem was people selling the NG-Main, but keeping hold of the NG server account, which is the root account. Then starting NG again anyway. That is illegal as you've got multiple accounts on the NG server.

4. So in Tacoma's case, if he still has control of the account on the NG server itself, then he cannot make a new one.

Is this not the case?
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Support wrote:
Tacoma's proposal refers to being allowed to ascend only one account from NG to Main ever. On account of the server being 5 years old, with many of the earliest ascenders having sold their NG-chain. Upon returning to the game, some find themselves desiring an NG-Main, but with the account factories starved and no way to ascend a new account .. well, you see how this proposal came about. :)
In this case I support the proposal to allow an additional NG account to be ascended to NG-Main as long as you do not have another NG, nor have had one in the past year.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Andy!
Forum Irregular

I support this with the returning players who might want to have an account that feels there's again
Role Play Voice
Andy, the leader of the Skeleton Crew, subject of the Judgement alliance, disciples of the House of Lofn, labelled cheaters by some, warriors by rights and victors, to be named.

Ascended Tournaments
Spoiler
World Radiography Day, 8th November
Then came a picture
of a lady's hand
in strange nature.
Unheard and unspoken,
there was a ring on a finger
to tell she was taken!

Greyscale appearance in and out
giving info of what was within
expelling scales of what was without!
Hence we could see through
no matter how concealed or secretive,
no matter how complaints were untrue!

In the spirit of this celebration
I profess my love
for this noble profession.
A radiographer is me
if you ever had to question,
for Papa Roentgen made us be!
~Thanatos~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TAF
Race: Love Demon
ID: 36462

i came back after a leave absence and (sold my accounts) started a ng got through it only to get this error end of last year novemmber sometime :(
~Selling DMU~
Spoiler
Support
Site Admin

Proposal accepted.

Rule amended:
When you are ready to ascend to Main after having done so in the past on another NG account, you will be asked to e-mail support with the specifics of your situation; after which permission to ascend again will be given. (Provided the conditions are met: from the start of the NG account, 1 year of no activity on NG, and no current ownership of an active NG-chain.)

This message is shown when you attempt ascend to Main again. :)
Support
Site Admin

Addendum: If this leads to an unreasonably high spike in newly minted NGM's being sold, this change will be reversed.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite

Support wrote:Addendum: If this leads to an unreasonably high spike in newly minted NGM's being sold, this change will be reversed.
Could the sale of last chance ng mains be banned , as they are in my mind meant for getting back into the game ?
Winston Churchill

Return to “Game Suggestions”