Any chance to improve non ascended races???

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Any chance to improve non ascended races???

This thread: viewtopic.php?f=160&t=162732&p=2040600& ... e#p2040600 has similar ideas to what I have in mind. It was closed and the ideas not implemented but a lot of time has passed since then, tech costs have been rebalanced meanwhile and in my opinion it is a good time to reconsider the suggestions.

Add more tech levels to improve the race unique tech chance for non ascended races and cap it at the highest ascended blessing chance. The costs should start at 1000 g&r and increasing along with other costs such as increasing naq/UU/turns or other requirements in par with the requirements for the ascending levels.

I think this will give a little bit more options for new accounts instead of the only option which is ascending.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: Any chance to improve non ascended races???

Genuinely curious - beyond not wanting to play ascended (which you can get away with not doing anyway), why would you NOT want to ascend?

I got a mate playing a really old account he'd registered 6 years ago and never played back playing - with a bit of naq (7T I think) he had ascended in a week.

Non-ascended and lower level ascended accounts receive more GnR. I don't know what would encourage someone not to want the stat bonuses?
Last edited by Quina Quen on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Its not about wanting or not wanting to ascend, it's about having competitive options for starters. This is a very old game which has very old accounts still playing and for which it took a very long time to build to get those added bonuses. The time factor is discouraging for someone who doesn't want to commit playing for years to be competitive. I'm thinking more about the casual players who wouldn't want to rebuild over and over again after every ascention.

Having increased chances to defend, attack with 0 loses, or recover/convert lost units during battle will help starters a little bit and maybe keep them playing longer, but the top ascended accounts will still have all the advantages.

With the new graphics admin is making the game mobile friendly and if he/she thinks of creating an app for App Store / Google Play, I think this game will have thousands of new players very fast and the old ideas would become very actual.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I do like where you're going ;)

I was playing devil's advocate a little to provoke a more substantive argument.

As long as it remains true to its roots and doesn't become a freaking Clash of Clans'esque BS in-app-purchase pay to win festival that restricts non-cash players, I'm in.

Bear in mind Stargate Origins is soon to air. It's prime time to get a new wave of players.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

It is certainly interesting to explore some possibilities for non-ascended races. The ideas in the thread you linked are too ambitious - would require a major rebalance across the board. I like your smaller-scope idea of giving the option of buying additional 'unique tech' levels for G&R+Naq, that is feasible enough. It would not boost non-Ascended to the point where they can compete face-to-face with equal-size level 25's (although never say never.. who knows what a million G&R could accomplish over time), it could definitely make them more interesting to play. :smt023

So yes, on board with ideas to improve non-Ascended races. Maybe improve 'race customization' in general, with some goodies for the non-Ascended.
Either way, it is good to consider them.

Was just a random massive number. For a non-Ascended, that would be equal to 2 years and 3 months non-stop rank 1. Accomplish that, and you damn well deserve the credit. :smt117

Return to “Game Suggestions”