Activity Metric___ATTN: Juliette

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...

Do you like this idea (or something similar), to be able to see when players were last active?

Yes, I agree and support this suggestion.
36%
No, I do NOT agree and do NOT support this suggestion.
64%

Total votes: 11
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

Activity Metric___ATTN: Juliette

Please add a feature to main that shows when players last logged in/out.

So that we know who is active and who isn't.

And preferably displayed next to their username on the page ranks so that we can glance at it before we decide to hit the___spy / attack / raid___buttons.

It doesn't even need to be that specific, just the month and year would be sufficient to judge if they're active or not.

What does everyone think? Please cast your vote!
Thanks-a-bunch! :)
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: Activity Metric___ATTN: Juliette

Activity metric, maybe, depending on what information is revealed.

Displayed on the battlefield, hell no.

There's already enough clutter on there as it is.

My primary issue with things like these is they are to some extent an invasion of privacy. In terms of the game itself, having it tell everyone outside of your alliance that you're online just seems stupid.

The suggested compromise - an online/offline indicator that only displays information for fellow alliance members.

Overall though, probably an unnecessary amount of coding for something that probably isn't needed.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

No, for various reasons:
- Alliances (the only entity you would logically want to disclose that information to) already have that information for their members. Mind you, due to the value of that intelligence, only alliance leadership has access to that information.
- You can tell already whether someone is active when you spy them, or by the retaliatory assault you incur for attacking them. You can spy without being detected, attacks are always risky.
- I am not currently aware of any valid reasons to provide such valuable intelligence to your enemies without the minimal effort of spying.

That said, thank you for making a suggestion!
Suggestions are always very welcome, and I am always open to be convinced by good arguments, so.. there is your challenge. :smt117

ps. I read everything (except in the GC), no need to call my attention specifically. :smt058
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

Okay, doesn't look like this idea has legs, so this topic can be closed/deleted now.
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

Return to “Game Suggestions”