I will list the events chronologically here under quotes with a brief comment under each event.
Field Marshall wrote:Hi Caprila,
Could you please enlighten me which part of my post is imitating a moderator?
I did not word it in such a way that it looked as if I were being a moderator nor do I doubt that anybody would have perceived it that way.
I contest this in full.
I am contesting both aspects of this warning, both in terms of the suspected imitation and of the spam. I spoke to Caprila on a couple of questions whom eventually ignored by PMs. It describes the events as I perceive them:Caprila wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.Hi.
I'm sure your request will be sorted soon.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=62&p=2598149#p2598149 .
3d. Imitating a moderator or administrator.
The imitation of a moderator or administrator by creating an account or posting in such a manner that is intended to deceive the community into believing you are acting as an administrator or moderator is not permitted.
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic, or derail the topic from the intended purpose as defined in the opening post. This may include multiple replies that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users. Replying to an official moderator post in topic will be considered spam. Should a user wish to reply to an official moderator post, they can do so by pm or in forum issues or one of its subsections. Private messages (PMs) are not subject to this rule.
Field Marshall wrote:Caprila,Caprila wrote:Thanks for getting in touch.
The purpose of the Appeals Court is focused on reconciliation between mods and users. However, general 'jokes' are not the sort of thing I would generally act on, unless a) asked to by another staff member, b) a complaint/report was made by a user.
In this case, both of the above happened. While you may not have believed anyone would take it as 'imitation', some certainly did.
It was my interpretation of your reply, given the previous posts, that you sought to imitate a Section Head, through use of the SH colour and the similarity to other replies given by SH's while a case is under review.
I do not think you did it maliciously ; but as a joke / troll at the Forum Staff. In most other sections, it likely would have been taken as a joke, and laughed at. However, in the Appeals Court, where users await a reply from a SH regarding their case, it fell a bit flat.
I hope that answers your question,
Thank you for your swift and prompt reply.
Whilst it may appear that I was attempting to imitate a person in charge, I can assure you that it was not.
I would like to contest this based on the following evidence please:
May I suggest as this is merely an language barrier where you have justifiably assumed I meant one thing and I have intended another. I appreciate that this is more my failure to protect myself and for this, I blame myself more than you.
- I chose a color that is not in use, to my knowledge that moderators use. Being very aware of the rule, I chose this color only to highlight what I was saying on a dark forum, sometimes it is easier to see than the default.
- I was not aware that my words hold similarities to previous responses by SHs, in fact, I fail to still find any similarities knowing that most responses are orders or advise. I simply offered words of support.
- My words of, "Hi. I'm sure your request will be sorted soon" support that I was not trying to imitate a moderator and clearly show that I have no ability to act on a subject.
- My history of an upstanding citizen of these forums, along with a long standing activity with only a handful of incidents proves that I do not wish to lay on the wrong side of the law.
If I may suggest a verbal warning and a promise from myself to not do it again may be a better punishment for such a upstanding member of this community.
As you will read from above, I am contesting on the following:Field Marshall wrote:Caprilla,
Thank you again for your prompt reply and assistance in helping me to become a better person on these boards.
However, if I may, I do have another couple of questions, if I may?
You say that my choice of color was an attempt to imitate a section head, however, if you could look below and confirm whether or not they are the same color? Exhibit A. My eyes at time do deceive me.
If I am incorrect as you say, if such colors were reserved purely for use by staff and any other use of them be misconstrued as attempt of imitating forum staff, then would it not be sensible to remove them as a shortcut from the "font colour" found on the writing section?
Do you think that there is any merit to the fact that I have purposely changed the default font away from that which section heads and other staff in an attempt to lead away from any perpetration?
Also, did you read my original response? I do not feel that enough has been commented upon in order to satisfy an adequate response to my previous questions.
Exhibit A wrote:Subject: Banned Forum Users
Until August 13, 2013
UnbannedField Marshall wrote:Hi.
I'm sure your request will be sorted soon.
- Ignorance: One would imagine from my experience and longevity in using these boards that I should know better. I have typed in a way which has been perceived as a deliberate attempt to imitate a moderator. I apologize for this, this was never my intention.
- Color: No color is reserved for a moderator, section head or admin. I base this assumption on the simple fact that they are not disabled for a general user. Not only this, but you also provide a shortcut to the colors directly to the right of our text box. Thus, reason is invalid and void.
- Language: I have been accused of writing is such a function that could be portrayed as imitating a mod. I contest this heavily. When moderating, it is expect that the moderator commands a verbal warning or advice to the community, and they lay down the gauntlet exactly how it is expected to be. Such as:
"Discussion on forum moderation has split to a new topic. Please keep discussion to this specific ingame accusation" (- Please note - I AM NOT A MODERATOR. This is for evidence reasons only)
Since then, I have been a model citizen, only trying in my utmost to contribute and bring something to these forums. I ask for a pardon and a reinstatement of my current perfect record. Please don't let one simple mistake destroy our beautiful history together.
I will happily accept a verbal warning, of which, I did not receive in this regard and of course, went straight to punishment.
Oh, I did try to resolve this with Caprila. I guess she was just to busy for me
Field Marshall wrote:Hi, did you get my message?